[WIP] Loading textures only as required

Faark

I agree with Gaalidas with every new release the game work with few mods, if you put more mods you can't play, because of memory ram. lags etc. We will see with unity 5 is fix, but i don't know if new version is resolve the problems.

I agree with Gaalidas with every new release the game work with few mods, if you put more mods you can't play, because of memory ram. lags etc. We will see with unity 5 is fix, but i don't know if new version is resolve the problems.

what are you talking about? the game can run more mods now then it ever has before.

Not realy. with others version run with almost 50mods now if have 30+... is a big difference.

PS. same mods everytime.

im currently running 66 mods with no crashes. try Avera9eJoe's Endraxial planet conversions (converts planets to DDS textures), the low res version of EVE (if you use EVE) with Oinkers_Proot_City_Lights_DDS replacing the city lights, Oinkers_Kerbal_Skybox_2.0_brighter. set game textures to eighth res (the planet conversions make planets still look high res from afar instead of foggy, and the oinkers skybox keeps the skybox lookin sharp despite eighth res). and use openforceGL. i may have left something out im not sure but with those things you should be able to run all the mods you want while sitting at 2.9-3.1mb. a crash happens at 3.8ish MB (it adds up really slowly). you can keep track of it with the GCMonitor mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.