[WIP] Loading textures only as required

Faark

I posted something on this a few pages back. Under Windows 7 64-bit, I needed to install both versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable Package linked in the first post (vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe). Note this has nothing to do with running the 64-bit version of KSP. Since doing that I haven't seen the native bridge warning pop up again.

Well.. both of them are installed. the .NET Framework.. can't install it, it says that a newer version is already installed. Running Windows 7 64 bit.

Renamed the dll to aaaaLoadonDemand.dll.

It creates a folder LoadOnDemand, that is empty.

And I get the Native Bridge warning when I start the game.

Game is started with force opengl. Tried with default and Dx11 and I got the same result.

Installed version is 3.4

I get this link and get here so happy, maybe i could solve my memory problem...

But i'm sad again. I use Mac...

:(

Dual boot either Windows or Linux. I'm running Ubuntu off a 64 GB flash drive as a dedicated KSP environment. Only problem so far is that I need to do some tinkering to get audio output working correctly.

And yet, all of the best games are designed to run on windows. Hmmmmmm.

It's a matter of market share more than anything -- many titles don't receive Mac ports and those that do are often nothing more than running through a compatibility layer like Wine. KSP runs just fine on OS X barring a couple Unity bugs and, unlike the 32-bit Windows build, should be able to use a full 4 GB of RAM. The only reason I switched over to Windows for Kerbal was because LoD was, at the time, the best solution for memory problems. I'm switching to Linux now because I'm tired of sacrificing visual quality just so the game doesn't crash.

No problem. I can say about Windows, because i already there. I was a Windows user a long time ago for so long.

No rater here. Just can't go back for little.

I can wait.

And i prefer quality, not quantity.

LOL Hmmmm are you saying quality is based on price ? As the hardware is pretty much same now but mac's do have a awesome monitor but thats about it there most the time slower in a lot of thing then a Pc

but, I'm a X windows user lol, Linux can just run this game so much better IMO.

Sorry for off Topic.

Never put the price tag. I don't think Mac is expensive. It cost what it delivers.

And OS X is incomparable. Even with Linux or any Unix based.

OS X put a great system in hands with a great design.

Look researches about the people trying to reach the Mac Pro power and price, on Windows specialized sites.

You will see there is none. Is a super lower price machine, if you check what it give to you.

But my problem is not with PC. You can build or buy an amazing peace of hardware, besides Apple.

In the moment you put Windows on it, it value nothing for me.

;)

Edited by Climberfx

Yes !

This is awesome

DDS texture support would be really helping too, and I'm wondering if there's a way to just not load the texture until you click the part or load the vessel ? I saw a few bugs where the game wouldn't load correctly and all part in the VAB/SPH where blank, just a 3D shape.

I'm always spending some time deleting parts that I am not using to lower my memory usage, and a few hour later I realise I deleted something I need. It would be awesome to keep everything, but load only what we use on demand. Then user could auto-load some parts ( the most used ) by opening a .craft containing the parts they chose when they start the game. There would be a bunch of white stuff in the VAB, but i guess it depends on the memory gain we could get from that. I don't know how much difference it would do, but i feel like between ''preloading resized'' and ''which texture?'' there is some place for good memory gain.

Well.. both of them are installed. the .NET Framework.. can't install it, it says that a newer version is already installed. Running Windows 7 64 bit.

Renamed the dll to aaaaLoadonDemand.dll.

It creates a folder LoadOnDemand, that is empty.

And I get the Native Bridge warning when I start the game.

Game is started with force opengl. Tried with default and Dx11 and I got the same result.

Installed version is 3.4

I'm at a loss then. On two different machines I have running Windows 7 64-bit, installing both versions of the C++ package got rid of the native bridge warning, and I had been getting that on both installs. And I already have the most current .NET install because of some of the other programs I have that use it. I don't get errors using wither the stock renderer or DX11.

That's actually a dealbreaker to upgrade to .90 for me then. I'd rather use LOD than .90. I wonder if I can just install the new Mk 3 parts in .25.

I know, I have to carefully pick my mods right now. Mostly plugins. Few part mods. I hope this gets fixed soon. It's essential.

I know, I have to carefully pick my mods right now. Mostly plugins. Few part mods. I hope this gets fixed soon. It's essential.

I had already dumped most of KW since I'd been using Procedural Parts for tanks mostly. But that's busted too. B9 is probably the next candidate. I think I'll still wait a while.

I had already dumped most of KW since I'd been using Procedural Parts for tanks mostly. But that's busted too. B9 is probably the next candidate. I think I'll still wait a while.

yep B9 becouse in stock we have a lot funcjonality but i want to use some other mods like KSPI(wich isnt work for now) and some others like lots of USI mods so i probably need to wait for it or try luck with opengl or dx11 modes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.