[0.23.5] [WiP] RedAV8R Realism Packs for RSS - Last Update 18 June 2014

RedAV8R

Since I already updated my Real Engine files to no longer affect the KerbX engines, should I leave it like that? Or with the new update to your patches is it better to keep the default Real Engine config?

Actually with my update, people can now delete the entire SFJBRealEngine (or something like that) folder. This will essentially turn RO into RO + RealEngines, no more need to download multiple things. One stop shop.

I appreciate your efforts -- you've contributed a lot to RSS and RO. Although, without Real Engines you don't have the Proton, Soyuz, Ariane, or Space Shuttle engines. Those are some pretty important engines, it might be better to keep using Real Engines until a new version / your version is released.

I appreciate your efforts -- you've contributed a lot to RSS and RO. Although, without Real Engines you don't have the Proton, Soyuz, Ariane, or Space Shuttle engines. Those are some pretty important engines, it might be better to keep using Real Engines until a new version / your version is released.

Oh totally, and I wouldn't delete what you have until I do release my version. I guess I wasn't clear, as when I mean 'with my update' means the update is in hand and installed. Get my drift:)

Actually with my update, people can now delete the entire SFJBRealEngine (or something like that) folder. This will essentially turn RO into RO + RealEngines, no more need to download multiple things. One stop shop.

Wait, the latest update released, or the one you're working on now?

Also, after downloading RO, it looks like there's an RSS_Resources.cfg in RealismOverhaul\RedAV8R. According to your OP, should I delete this? If so, let Nathan know to remove it from the RO download :P

Edited by curiousepic

I am having some issues with real engines I think. When I stage, engines in higher stages light as well. Not all the time but with certian engine combos. Also some of me engines overheat real quick and explode. Any suggestions? thanks

Wait, the latest update released, or the one you're working on now?

Also, after downloading RO, it looks like there's an RSS_Resources.cfg in RealismOverhaul\RedAV8R. According to your OP, should I delete this? If so, let Nathan know to remove it from the RO download :P

When I release it. Neither my files OR RO files contain anything with SFJBRealEngines at this time. HOWEVER there are some incompatiblilities with SFJBRealEngines that either need edited out, or just don't use SFJBRealEngines until I finish my revamp and/or it is released with RO.

YES, you must delete RSS_Resources.cfg from RedAV8R folder now that RF contains that information, and duplicates cause not so good things to happen. It has already been deleted from the RO on github, and therefore when the latest version of RO is released it will NOT contain it.

Edited by RedAV8R

I am having some issues with real engines I think. When I stage, engines in higher stages light as well. Not all the time but with certian engine combos. Also some of me engines overheat real quick and explode. Any suggestions? thanks

My suggestion, verify you have the latest version of everything. Be careful when you build on your staging, sometimes engines are placed in wrong places in the staging sequence. Overheating and exploding, without more details I can't help you.

When I open the ship that comes with Laztek, it bugs out. The parts are in their stock size positions, they aren't connected, the game lags, etc. It just spams this in the output log: Actor::updateMassFromShapes: Compute mesh inertia tensor failed for one of the actor's mesh shapes! Please change mesh geometry or supply a tensor manually!

When I open the ship that comes with Laztek, it bugs out. The parts are in their stock size positions, they aren't connected, the game lags, etc. It just spams this in the output log: Actor::updateMassFromShapes: Compute mesh inertia tensor failed for one of the actor's mesh shapes! Please change mesh geometry or supply a tensor manually!

Yeah, that'll happen if you open up a stock *.craft, while using my RSS config for it. It's much easier just to rebuild it.

Some minor but big updates will be posted to the OP soon.

LazTek now has a docking port that will fit and is sized to the real NASA Docking System.

The SDHI 'stock' docking port with parachute is also now sized to the real NASA Docking System.

As of now, both the Orion and the DragonV2 are the only things with it. If you want to dock either craft to something else, make sure you use the same port on the other vessel, otherwise they won't mate.

Another note...While I am doing a RealEngine update...only parts of it will actually be included with RO. That will allow the RftS engine pack to still be usable, so a person will have a choice to use one or the other.

Can't wait! I really look forward to some more RSS fun. :-)

Also, even though Modulefixer.dll isn't on SpacePort anymore, I believe the Aerojet Kerbodyne pack includes it in the ZIP file.

Edited by Woopert

I might be able to do it. I think craft files are eventually going to be added to the pack. RedAV8R, would you be able to assemble the craft files? I don't really use FASA / LazTek / KerbX unless I'm playing Realism Overhaul and I think the configurations for the ships are a bit different.

Could anyone try to make a falcon heavy? I'm having trouble attaching the secondary cores to the outside (it doesn't surface attach) and I want to know if someone else has that problem

Yep, there was an error in my LazTek. I fixed it on my end and it is now in the RO github source. With the integration of my packs into RO, I will be removing my DropBox downloads, and everything will be available via Github.

I might be able to do it. I think craft files are eventually going to be added to the pack. RedAV8R, would you be able to assemble the craft files? I don't really use FASA / LazTek / KerbX unless I'm playing Realism Overhaul and I think the configurations for the ships are a bit different.

Yes there will be *.craft files available at some point, finishing up the RO overhaul, yes that'd be the Realism Overhaul overhaul, once that is done, I'll go back to some function testing of my realism packs and build *.craft files to go with it.

Hey, If I download RO 5.2, do I have to remove the SFJBReal Engines folder?

If you download what is currently on github (which is the most current (still a few things left to update before released as v5.2) then yes, SFJBRealEngines is no longer required, and should be deleted, as it is now integrated into RO.

Found a few serious problems:

Gemini SM "slope" doesn't match up with retropack's slope. Obviously, this looks very wrong and ugly.

Centaurs are using "Centaur fuel pack" texture. They shouldn't. Centaur upper stages were plain silver.

Gimbals in general should not use gimbal speed. Titan's engine shakes it apart in default configuration.

Gemini SM "slope" doesn't match up with retropack's slope. Obviously, this looks very wrong and ugly.

Centaurs are using "Centaur fuel pack" texture. They shouldn't. Centaur upper stages were plain silver.

Gimbals in general should not use gimbal speed. Titan's engine shakes it apart in default configuration.

1. Gemini SM - Let me take a look!

2. Centaur, yes that I do know, best I can do is use the Titan Silver tanks, which would then NOT look like a TransStage, so that's not a bad thing.

3. I have not experienced this yet...I'll take another look though.

FASA realism pack gives me "Nothing Here The file you're looking for has been deleted or moved". Could you please reupload it?

It's included with Realism Overhaul now, I think, which would explain why the standalone configs are no longer available.

It's included with Realism Overhaul now, I think, which would explain why the standalone configs are no longer available.

Realism Overhaul was last updated on the 6th of June, whereas the FASA config here was updated on the 18th of June. The logical conclusion is that this one is more up to date.

1. You must be talking about the Big Gemini Service Module and Retropack. Sorry, can't fix that. Since Friz chose to combine the SM and Retro into the same model, and the scaling of his passenger compartment was way off, this needs actual models by Frizz to make the 'eye candy'. So while it that looks 'off', it's using some less than optimal visual techniques to get the function right.

2. Fixed. The A-D1 and D2 tanks are silver, and used the stock orange tank for the D3.

3. Still can't reproduce this.

Edited by RedAV8R