kmp: april fools prank for my friend?

Build a massive 800+ part ship and dock it to his station, when he goes near his framerate will drop to annoying if not unplayable levels (the same will happen to you while you do this but at least you'll know it's working!)

Mind Screw

Replace his station and landers with almost-perfect replicas. Switch the station's orbit and move his landers just far enough to make him wonder how they moved. Watch him nervously click around until Lovecraftian horror almost consumes him and shout "April Fools!".

Orbital Terror

Put a dense, huge cloud of debris on a retrograde Kerbolar orbit just beyond Kerbin's SOI's sweep. Put similar cloud on a retrograde orbit grazing his station. I recommend using 0.625 meter stack separators.

For best results, perform both pranks at once: after surviving the debris, he will not expect another prank to await him. Lest he should hate you, keep a back-up save and ensure that all these replicas are upgrades.

-Duxwing

Edited by Duxwing

Wow! Who needs enemies, when he has such friends? Most of these 'pranks' just ruins all the hours the guy has put into the game.

If a friend does something like that to me, I'll think about if the guy really is a friend of mine.

@Topic

Just occupy every docking port with 2-3 fully manned hitchhikers. Your friend then has to think about getting them back down to Kerbin.

Go to one of his landers and plant an immense amount of flags, and leave snippets of messages in each flag except for one, which contains the full message. Also, name them all to be identical to his flag at his lander. (If he has one.) If he doesn't have a flag, then do this, but name them all the exact same name as the lander.

Put a biplane in space and dock it to his space station.

I like this for its surreal nature.

Switch his station from a prograde direction to retrograde. It will look identical at a glance in map view, but when he tries to rendezvous, he'll find he needs ~4000 m/s of delta-v to rendezvous :P

But this I love! I 4th (5th or whatever) this plan. Its subtle enough not to be noticed right away, but really confusing when he does find it. Also you can just switch it back real quick (I presume u'd use hyper-edit for this) and pretend like nothing was wrong.

I don't know if this is possible, (maybe hyper-edit can do it?) but if you could muck with the gravity values for the planets then set everything except Kerbin to have Tylo like gravity, if he like landers that could really mess with him.

Apparently, my friend was planning for his first interplanetary travel as he was building his craft in the orbit! He managed to get 9000dv so i not only changed the inclination but i made it to orbit the mun at 6km height orbit! He got scared, but hes planning for a revenge now :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.