The Grand 0.23.5 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Yeah, same here, my career mode is now acting as a sandbox mode, so everything is unlocked and the R&D facility is closed. Reverse is happening to a friend.

Hi, Nibroc. We've now heard a few instances of this. Please sit tight. It's being looked into.

Thanks. My name is showing (CAREER) after the title and Mode = 1, which are the same as the new test Career I started. So not sure what is going on.

First load after removing the mods showed some errors with ships that had KEB and Protractor installed, and those ships got removed. Next time I loaded I was able to get into the R&D lab, but everything locked and science reset to zero. So I guess I might as well start a new save. :(

Looks like it was the mods that messed things up on first load.

Hi, Nibroc. We've now heard a few instances of this. Please sit tight. It's being looked into.

Rowsdower, if it helps, I'm noticing the same issues plus Asteroids aren't showing up in the tracking station. Don't know if the two are related.

Seems to be on capsules and some of the new parts like the grabber and the escape tower.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the tip, Jason. From here on, please take that over to Support & Bugs.

... eh? Did you post that in the wrong thread? - EDIT - oh... I've been moved lol, wondered what the hell you were talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

the prank is to make everyone think this update is a prank:)

lol its not a prank, hang on I'll get a screenshot up.

Edited by Mulbin

Holy hell, the fps improvement is massive! My ~600Ton/470-Part Ship just went from 6/8fps to 16. Turns quite a bit slower, but greatly improved stability. Nothing like the earlier physics overkill by the construction consisting of three ships being connected each by 4x2.5 ports. Good thing that ship was only the smaller prototyp for a 3.5m Vertical Ship/Horizontal Lander-Thingy :D

Also the new time-skip/orbit calculation/maneuver node-functionality is incredible useful. Awesome update! And i didnt even tried the new parts, not to mention asteroids...

Edited by Temeter

Ok, I know Rowsdower said to post followups in the Support & Bugs section, but I wanted to post this note here incase anyone else is having a similar issue... If you try to upgrade your 0.23 career save to 0.23.5 and notice that the VAB seems to be closed and you can't find any asteroids at the tracking station, quit the game and relaunch it. That seemed to fix it for me, I guess the persistent save didn't get updated properly on launch.

Additionally if you head into the R&D labs and all of your tech advancements are gone after relaunching, hopefully you backed up your save as you can just restore this by copy/pasting the 'ResearchAndDevelopment' section under 'Scenario' from your backed up persistent.sfs to your new persistent.sfs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.