[WIP] Aerojet Kerbodyne (Released Service Module Pack)

There may be some problems with using this with FAR. It requires more delta-v to go to orbit than usually with FAR, and I have to use of the fuel in the what-ever-it's-called upper stage to get the MK1-2 complex into orbit. It still contains enough fuel to go orbit Mun without using the service module fuel, so it's fully functional, just a small anomaly. I'll test some more and see if this behaves like it should in regard to drag values. Maybe it works exactly like it should and I'm just seeing bugs where there should be none.

Otherwise, I've not had any bugs at all.

Alright, update on FAR compat: it's completely broken. A fix is possibly under development in FAR.

Details:

The Service Module Adapter has a bug somewhere in the cfg, resulting in the SMA not being simulated by FAR. This then results in every part placed below it in the craft tree not being simulated either - thus reverting to stock aerodynamics. End result is, it flies exactly the same with and without FAR.

Okay, To the testers who have the tank labeled Kerbal X, it will be the next phase's tank made available to you early. The KR-1 is mine. It's the optional Core Rocket Engine of the Kerbal X. I'm working on an upperstage engine (Currently named RMX-PDL) may be subject to change I can already say, progress MIGHT be slower, I'll put more attention to detail and I will put a disclaimer here:

I LOVE modding ksp, I pay attention to what people want and suggest, I know some high polygons lag the game. I just want to create a mod where I am free to design what others and I want (I still limit myself with polygon, don't worry) but please, it's the last thing I worry about, I don't want to sound rude but give this one to me, I modeled because I don't want seeing the stock engines' faces by just looking at them. :(

Here's the new engine I'm working on btw, I might even be slower since Im attempting to join Open Part Mod :D

FXZM9Jg.png

Some references to Poodle, Blok D and RD-0210

Well, I tried the Blok-D and realized in my brain that Horizon Aeronautics lready did one, I can't remember, I think he did. So yeah, Let's just stick to being the poodle counterpart of Kerbodyne :D

Indeed. The Zenit 3SLB is one of my mainstay launchers.

Alright, discovered techniques on making lowpolys without sacrificing quality. Here's the image of the Kerbal X First Stage Fuel Tank

OfT64h4.pnglyEuk1Y.png

1280 Tris, more than just a simple cylinder... also got curves on top and bottom, is that good or bad? D:

Im basing on most SpaceX pictures of Falcon 9, also referring to Proton M

Edited by blackheart612

Alright, discovered techniques on making lowpolys without sacrificing quality. Here's the image of the Kerbal X First Stage Fuel Tank

https://i.imgur.com/OfT64h4.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/lyEuk1Y.png

1280 Tris, more than just a simple cylinder... also got curves on top and bottom, is that good or bad? D:

Im basing on most SpaceX pictures of Falcon 9, also referring to Proton M

Nice :D (10char)

Dude, if you were to make a stock-like Dragon to go along with that I would love you forever.

The rounded tanks on top and bottom are a definite YES :D and will you be making cluster engines? (like those of the 9 first stage engines of the Falcon-9)

Dude, if you were to make a stock-like Dragon to go along with that I would love you forever.

Well, I'm planning to make the bottom part of the Dragon available for the Mk1-2 for this pack, like a service module. Not sure about making one. I'll try today. (Still not good @ IVA)

But Im texturing an SRB for someone first. :D

That engine would be perfect for use with a Delta IV lookalike. :D

Yep.

Though-

The rounded tanks on top and bottom are a definite YES :D and will you be making cluster engines? (like those of the 9 first stage engines of the Falcon-9)

- I don't know yet,

The initial plan is have it just like the Delta, you can have solid boosters, you can also remove it, have strap-on boosters or you can also have the main engine removed and have it like the Proton M but still looks like the Kerbal X. But being it is "Kerbal X", it is influenced by the design of Space X. That's the plan. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.