[1.2.1] Taurus HCV - 3.75 m CSM System [v1.5.3 - July 1, 2014]

bsquiklehausen

The RPM isn't working on my system. Using .24 RPM and the current Taurus download as of today.

Hi, I have the same issue.

All other craft seem to be fine and RPM is functional.

Will test with a vanilla KSP + just this mod and let you know.

Will get log files if is still an issue.

Reinstalled RPM and found now it is all working.

Great - we've been seeing some strangeness with older versions or RPM and with x64 builds of the game. Everything usually works on our test builds of the game, but "It works on our machine" is rarely a good excuse!

• 2 weeks later...

Some parts are in development, including an engine and fuel tank, and a cover is already available in Blackheart's Aerojet Kerbodyne pack. We do not plan on adding special airbags for the heatshield or a special docking port though. The Taurus was designed to match the stock shielded docking port already.

Looks like a great mod. But it won't work on my system :-)

What happens when I add this to my gamedata and fire up my game i get an intro screen where everything just strobes in different colors. As something is making the graphics engine go crazy. What could that be?

What happens when I add this to my gamedata and fire up my game i get an intro screen where everything just strobes in different colors. As something is making the graphics engine go crazy. What could that be?

Hmmm... that's definitely a new bug. Could you send us your crash logs from the game and steps to reproduce it?

Ahh. Well, just make it not so high poly. The science bay is killing my game. Btw, will that get an IVA?

The polycount is not killing your game. It must be something else, unless you have a computer that's so old that KSP shouldn't be able to run on it. Seriously, it's not the polycount.

The polycount is not killing your game. It must be something else, unless you have a computer that's so old that KSP shouldn't be able to run on it. Seriously, it's not the polycount.

I had a nasty slowdown the last time I used the science bay too. Wasn't sure at the time what triggered it. Might be that the version of Firespitter that ships with MKS isn't as current as I thought it was.

I had a nasty slowdown the last time I used the science bay too. Wasn't sure at the time what triggered it. Might be that the version of Firespitter that ships with MKS isn't as current as I thought it was.

Maybe. I haven't actually tried using the science bay yet, but I know that you'll need a metric ....load of poly's for the game to slow down. So yeah, possibly a bug in a plugin. jnrobinson or bsquicklehausen, try colntacting Nertea. He has dealt with part-specific slowdowns before (he had problems with one of his solar panels).

It's too much for your computer. Disable any other mods you don't need. But About the polycount, Maybe it's just the textures. Maybe make a low res version.

It's too much for your computer. Disable any other mods you don't need. But About the polycount, Maybe it's just the textures. Maybe make a low res version.

Active Texture Management is your friend :wink:

I use this mod plus many many MANY more on a 3 year old laptop that has a 1.4Ghz processor and Dell onboard graphics, and I don't get any issues with these parts, so either try ATM or maybe it's a plugin issue as others said before, have you tried pulling up your debug menu when the slow down is happening and checking for any error messages?

Active Texture Management is your friend :wink:

I use this mod plus many many MANY more on a 3 year old laptop that has a 1.4Ghz processor and Dell onboard graphics, and I don't get any issues with these parts, so either try ATM or maybe it's a plugin issue as others said before, have you tried pulling up your debug menu when the slow down is happening and checking for any error messages?

I have active texture management. It must not have a config.

I've come to that conclusion as well.

I hadn't played KSP for a while. So when I decided to return to it last week I just updated it to the last version, and then installed again the set if modules I used to play with. Ran in to trouble. Removed modules one by one to see which one caused the issues, and it appeared at first glance that this module (which was not in the original set I always played with) was the culprit. Hence may question here in case I'd overlooked something obviouse.

However, adding the Taurus first, and then the other mods again (and paying attention to having the latest version if firespitter) I no run in to the game haning during texture loading. So yes, I need to look at that.

My computer btw, isn't exactly a weak one. (4 corese, 8 GB of ram...)