[1.2.1] Taurus HCV - 3.75 m CSM System [v1.5.3 - July 1, 2014]

bsquiklehausen

1 hour ago, chaos9830 said:

Loved this mod back in the day. Installed the patch and the MEGA download linked version, but the pod itself does not spawn...

What does your install path look like ?

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:46 PM, Mecripp said:

They load up just fine for me did you change the folder path or install it wrong ? Path should be KSP/GameData/RSCapsuledyne

I have installed the base mod and the patch but the engines are constantly deployed. I have tried with and without animations and currently use deployable engines. I have read previous posts but  I am still not clear on where things go. RScapsuledyne goes in gamedata but do the contents of Taurus continued go into RS capsuledyne or does Taurus continued go into gamedata as a separate folder.

To all:

I've been asked to add this to my collection of revived mods.

So, before I do, I'd like the following confirmed:

Files needed:

• TaurusHCVr1.5.3.zip (from Spacedock, the mega seems to be the same)
  • Taurus_Continued-0.1.2.zip (from first post)

Current install instructions:

• Unpack TaurusHCVr1.5.3, move the RSCapsuledyn folder into the GameData folder
  • Unpack the Taurus_Continued-0.1.2.zip, move the Taurus_Continued-0.1.2 folder into the GameData folder
  • Install either BahaSP or one of the the mods which includes the DeployableEngines (Kerbal Atomics or Cryogenic Engines)

Anything else?

I'll be merging the patches in the Taurus_Continued into the TaurusHCV, so the install will be much simpler, and will be in CKAN as well

Just an FYI, there is a bug in the 1.2 patch which shows up using the newest ModuleManager (3.0.1)

If you want to fix manually, edit the file:

Taurus_Continued-0.1.2\Extras\ModCompat\HCV_AnimatedEngines.cfg

and find and replace near the bottom the following two lines:

Replace this:

@PART[TaurusHCV]:HAS[!MODULE[AnimatedEngine]]:NEEDS[RSCapsuledyne&BDAnimationModules,!DeployableEngines]:AFTER[RSCapsuledyne]:FINAL

with this:

@PART[TaurusHCV]:HAS[!MODULE[AnimatedEngine]]:NEEDS[RSCapsuledyne&BDAnimationModules,!DeployableEngines]:FINAL

and

Replace this:

@PART[TaurusHCV]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleDeployableEngine],@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]]:NEEDS[RSCapsuledyne&DeployableEngines]:AFTER[RSCapsuledyne]:FINAL

with this:

@PART[TaurusHCV]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleDeployableEngine],@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]]:NEEDS[RSCapsuledyne&DeployableEngines]:FINAL

3 hours ago, jpkerman said:

I scanned the past changes, it does not appear to have ever been set for Community Tech Tree inclusion.  Would seem to be good candidate for CTT.  Please consider in your plans.

Actually, in the Taurus_Continued pack there is a CTT patch...

All,

I've merged the patches, updated the texture files (thanks @Mecripp) and released this in my Recycled Parts mod:

Note that the Quadpoodle engine doesn't have the heat glow working due to an issue with the model, so it's disabled for now

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...