[1.2.1] Taurus HCV - 3.75 m CSM System [v1.5.3 - July 1, 2014]

bsquiklehausen

On 10/25/2016 at 7:09 AM, Delta_8930 said:

The problem with this mod not being updated is that the BDAminations module has not been updated to a 1.1+ compatible version since the author of that mod has decided to move on with RL. I'm sure the mod author will figure out a solution. Taurus HCV has been my favorite command pod so far. 

Yes it has. See QuiztechContinued mod.

On 10/29/2016 at 2:14 PM, ZentroCatson said:

Can someone make a list with all of the missing features/problems? I haven't done patches in a long time, but I'm thinking about making a MM update patch for it. Though I haven't used MM before, so it might be a challenge... And I can only work on Wednesdays and weekends due to school :( I'll PM the mod author if I decide to give it a try.

I'll do you one better: I'll update it.

EDIT: Done, will post in AM.

Edited by Deimos Rast

Alright, here she be. @ZentroCatson

I updated the mod to 1.2.1 and gave it a balance pass.

Thermal mechanics and cost were changed, sometimes a fair bit (maxTemp was consistently high, cost consistently low, oftentimes very).

There was some change in functionality, but nothing major. Specifically, the size3 stack separator saw a boost in ejectionForce from 100 to 1200 and the Taurus HCV engines now run on SolidFuel instead of MonoPropellant. If people prefer the monopropellant fueled engines, I can write an optional patch that reverts the change (I intended to, but forgot).

People have mentioned that BahaSP is not updated: this is not true. You can grab it from QuizTechContinued. Additionally, I added a patch so that if you have Nertea's DeployableEngines (found in CryoEngines for example), it will use that instead. Moreover, if you have Landertron installed, it will convert the Taurus HCV engines into Landertron engines. This begs the question: do people see these engines as descent engines or LES engines? Because at present, they work more as LES (as I believe they were initially conceived), but I'd like to see them be able to do both (currently they don't do the greatest with descent). Thoughts?

I can't claim full credit for this patch, as it borrows from @Kerbas_ad_astra HGR patch (GPL v3 licensed).

There are a couple of issues I discovered, and can't figure out away around them, but they are pretty minor.

• Firstly, for me at least, the IVA's all seem to have a weird FOV/fisheye effect going on, which I don't remember being there before. I didn't see any rescaling in the internal configs (and I didn't apply any that wasn't already there), so I'm at a loss. All three IVA's have it, so it might be inherent (or it could be an RPM bug for all I know).
  • Secondly, if you have Realplume-Stock installed, it renames the Taurus HCV engines from ModuleEngines to ModuleEnginesFX which causes the error "Could not find ModuleEngines" to popup when you first select the HCV in the editor, if you have the "Display Errors on Screen" enabled. To be clear, it's an error, not an exception, and everything works perfectly (engine animations, manual firing, Landertron firing, etc). I can't figure out which mod is throwing the error, but if you see it, that's what's happening.

Feedback as always is appreciated, especially on balance. I compared everything to stock values when deciding what to go with.

Everything tested and working perfectly (aside from aforementioned issues).

Installation Install the base mod and then extract my patch folder somewhere into the GameData directory. Requires Module Manager to work.

Repo here

Changelog here

Direct download of v0.1 here

Edited by Deimos Rast

23 minutes ago, ble210 said:

Quick question from someone not very technologically-adept:

Do I download the mod and place it in GameData, and then download and put the patch into the Taurus folder?

Extract TaurusHCVr1.5.2.zip and merge the contents with your GameData folder.
Extract Deimos Rasts Taurus_Continued-0.1.zip into your GameData folder.

Edited by Tex_NL

51 minutes ago, ble210 said:

Quick question from someone not very technologically-adept:

Do I download the mod and place it in GameData, and then download and put the patch into the Taurus folder?

28 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

Extract TaurusHCVr1.5.2.zip and merge the contents with your GameData folder.
Extract Deimos Rasts Taurus_Continued-0.1.zip into your GameData folder.

@Tex_NL has the right of it. I would add (and did add to the post) that this requires Module Manager to work.

@Deimos Rast Very nice!

5 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Taurus HCV engines now run on SolidFuel instead of MonoPropellant. If people prefer the monopropellant fueled engines, I can write an optional patch that reverts the change (I intended to, but forgot).

Yes please. Though the HCV engines were originally intended as an LES, I like the versatility that comes with having them as throttle-capable monoprop engines - it means that they can be used for propulsive landings or even orbital maneuvers (sort of a Draco/SuperDraco hybrid). When I played around with this a while back, I had to boost the fuel capacity of the pod to 250 units and the Isp of the engines to that of a stock Thud in order to get enough sea-level dv to pull off a suicide burn for a pure-propulsive landing.

Spoiler

@PART[TaurusHCV]
{
  @MODULE[ModuleEngines]{
    @throttleLocked = False
    !atmosphereCurve{}
    atmosphereCurve
      {
      key = 0 305
      key = 1 275
      key = 9 0.001
      }
  }
  @RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]{
    @amount = 250
    @maxAmount = 250
  }
}

The big science lab's rate of science production is unbalanced in v1.5.3 (available only via MEGA - the Curse download is still v1.5.2), partly because the reducing researchTime variable from 7 to 6 increases processing  speed by an entire order of magnitude. Elsewhere on the forums someone figured out the formula for science production:

On 7/27/2015 at 7:16 AM, Iodun said:

sci/day = dataStored * scienceMultiplier * sumScientistStars * scientistBonus * 1/10^researchTime * 22680

Given that the SPB has 1.5 times the crew of an MPL and a little more than 1.5 times the mass, I figure a fair science production rate would be about 2.5 times stock, which we can accomplish with these values:

Spoiler

@MODULE[ModuleScienceLab]{
    @dataStorage = 1250
  }
  @MODULE[ModuleScienceConverter]{
    %dataProcessingMultiplier = 0.5
    @scientistBonus = 0.25
    @researchTime = 7
    @scienceCap = 1250
  }

Side by side comparison:

Spoiler

MPL THCV
dataStorage 750 1250
scienceMultiplier 5 5
CrewCapacity 2 3
Scientist Level 3 3
scientistBonus 0.25 0.25
researchTime 7 7
dataProcessingMultiplier 0.5 0.5
Science per Day 6.38 15.95
Science per Year 2717 6793

Other thoughts:

• The pancake-shaped fuel tank is a bit too heavy at 1.15t (should be 1.125t at stock tank ratios). The ore tank is also too heavy at 5t (should probably be 4.667t) though there is not a lot of consistency on mass/capacity ratios for stock ore tanks.
  • The SAS-Battery should perhaps be even a bit lighter (about .733t) based on stock ratios of mass/EC and mass/torque.
  • The Quadroodle engines have kind of a high Isp (375 vs 350 for the Poodle). On the other hand stock vacuum engines generally get higher Isp as they get larger, and there's no true stock 3.75m vacuum engine to balance against, so meh. (SpaceY's Penguin engine is even more efficient at 390 Isp, so I'm not sure that there's a One True Way to balance new big vacuum engines.)
  • Yay for DeployableEngines support - unfortunately I'm not getting an deployment animation when the engines fire: screenshot

Edit: also it appears a couple of earlier issues may still be extant:

On 4/26/2016 at 9:08 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

There's also an issue with the science/cargo bay configuration (it needs a patch to work, see below), and I think the colliders on the insides of the bays are a little wonky as well -- KSP doesn't allow concave colliders anymore.

@PART[TaurusScienceBay]:FIRST
{
	@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
	{
		lookupCenter = 1.5,0,0
	}

+MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
	{
		@lookupCenter = -1.5,0,0
	}
}

On 4/26/2016 at 9:43 AM, tsarevitch said:

The LES is cool, but i'm much concerned about the crew hatches and ladders. Bob really enjoyed his new fancy lab at first, but he went on EVA and now he's stuck outside.

Great mod, hope this will be fixed. (Bob too : his lab is on a Duna reentry trajectory, and Jeb cannot burn anything with him outside)

Edited by PocketBrotector
added note about v1.5.2 vs 1.5.3 download sources

@PocketBrotector

Finally, some real feedback! :D

• FuelTank: yeah, I originally set it to 1.125, but for some reason second guessed myself this morning and didn't include that change.
  • The HCV engines were never throttle-able, but I can do a MonoProp patch + a throttlable patch (for super modularity). Funny that you're using an LES for orbital maneuvers.
  • It's probably best the HCV's stay as LES, considering in my tests they did rather poorly as descent engines. That said, Landertrons are just too cool not to have a patch.
  • Quadroodle: Technically 4 poodles, so you'd think it might have the same ISP (at least that makes sense to me). I left it alone because, honestly, I don't fully understand such mechanics, and despite all the evidence to the contrary, I try not to change things just for the sake of changing things.:wink: But if you can come up with reasonable numbers, I'm game.
  • Science lab: I'll make those changes. Why x2.5, if I may ask? I don't really have an opinion on labs, as I have very limited experience with them.
  • Battery: done.

Regarding the issues, I'll confess I didn't read the thread first.

• Your animation issue: Do you get the option to toggle the animation in the VAB? How are you firing them - Staging or hotkey? Try both (hotkey seems to work better). The Landertron patch disables staging, so that might be it. Otherwise, you could download the mod DebugStuff to check if you have "ModuleDeployableEngines" on the HCV at all. I currently have BahaAnimation, DeployableEngines, and Landertron installed, with no issue, but I'll admit I didn't test other combinations.
  • Added cargobay fix patch
  • Not sure what I can do about the hatches (as I can't do 3D modeling). I'll see if it's still an issue, and add it to the issue tracker (when I figure out how to set it up).
    • EDIT: Well I was able to EVA and board both the Science Lab and the Omnibus, but they are both glitchy. The Science Lab I got back in by sheer luck, and I would honestly declare the hatch none usable. I will add "noAutoEVAMulti" to keep people from unintentionally EVAing from the Lab unless they click the hatch and EVA that way. Omnibus is quasi-usable still, just hard to hold on to the ladder. The EasyBoard mod helps a lot. The secret seems to be to point the lab downward, so the hatch is in front of you - or rotate your kerbal so you're in a similar orientation, then it seems to work fine.

Thanks again for the feedback! Even if it's something small (like typos or wording) or just shaving down decimals (like the battery SAS mass), it's nice to know someone else is actually looking at what you did.

I'll be rolling out a second update in a bit with your suggestions in a few.

Edited by Deimos Rast

26 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Funny that you're using an LES for orbital maneuvers.

Yeah, I forget how or why I decided this was something I wanted... I think it was because I was reluctant to haul around extra engines that I couldn't use. The downside of a built-in LES is that you can never eject it!

26 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Quadroodle: Technically 4 poodles, so you'd think it might have the same ISP (at least that makes sense to me). I left it alone because, honestly, I don't fully understand such mechanics, and despite all the evidence to the contrary, I try not to change things just for the sake of changing things.:wink: 

In the absence of anything to balance it against, I'm inclined to agree.

28 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Science lab: I'll make those changes. Why x2.5, if I may ask? I don't really have an opinion on labs, as I have very limited experience with them.

Creating new science labs doesn't seem to be an exact science, so to speak, but here's my thinking: 1.5x the crew times (5.5t/3.5t = 1.57)x the mass equals 2.357x the overall effectiveness... plus a fudge factor to represent "larger parts are harder to launch but more efficient"... gives a nice round number of 2.5x :) 

34 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Do you get the option to toggle the animation in the VAB? How are you firing them - Staging or hotkey? Try both (hotkey seems to work better).

The animation toggle works fine in the VAB. Staging, right-click + "active engine", and hotkey all produce the same result: I get thrust and exhaust but no deployment animation. I have DeployableEngines but not Landertron; results seem to be the same with or without BahaSP.

Thanks for your work on this!

New version, added in the changes suggested by @PocketBrotector - and oodles of HCV engine tweaking patches. MonoProp engine? Shutdown capable? Throttle-able? Orbital engine? You can have it all! (side note: both orbital engine and monoprop engine patches adjust MonoProp resource quantity, so they might fight it out, although I tried to give right of way to the Orbital engine patch. Just something to be aware of, whether you have the regular 150 MonoProp or the increased 250).

Enjoy.

Oh, and I've started adding issues to the issue tracker here. Feel free to add things.

IMPORTANT: Please delete the old version before installing this version, as I rearranged/renamed some things, and a straight merger will likely result in duplicates (although I did add in some checks to hopefully mitigate that).

Download v0.1.1 here

Changelog here

-----

Regarding your animation issue @PocketBrotector: I'll try without landertron and see if that makes a difference, but I'd be surprised. Also, does your log say anything - in game or otherwise, when you burn your engines? Do you have an up to date DeployableEngines? Does it work with just BahaSP?

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

Regarding your animation issue @PocketBrotector: I'll try without landertron and see if that makes a difference, but I'd be surprised. Also, does your log say anything - in game or otherwise, when you burn your engines? Do you have an up to date DeployableEngines? Does it work with just BahaSP?

DeployableEngines is up to date (it is the version distributed with CryoEngines 0.4.2). However now I'm getting different behavior... the engine deployment animation runs as soon as the pod is placed in the VAB (no toggle exists in the right-click menu), and they're deployed upon launch as well (no staging or activation required.) Weird - I'm not sure what changed...

Interestingly using BahaSp alone results in a working animation and working thrust, but no exhaust and no sound! 

2 minutes ago, PocketBrotector said:

DeployableEngines is up to date (it is the version distributed with CryoEngines 0.4.2). However now I'm getting different behavior... the engine deployment animation runs as soon as the pod is placed in the VAB (no toggle exists in the right-click menu), and they're deployed upon launch as well (no staging or activation required.) Weird - I'm not sure what changed...

Interestingly using BahaSp alone results in a working animation and working thrust, but no exhaust and no sound! 

I did tweak the patch very slightly because of this, but testing showed no change on my end. Did you just update? Are you using any of the new patches, if so?

You could try using DebugStuff to see if ModuleDeployableEngine is getting added, or better yet send me a log. The BahaSP sound issue...I don't know the code of it, but I'd be surprised if it touched the FX.

This is beginning to sound suspiciously like something else is at work. To be clear, you can use CryoEngines fine, right (the ones that have animations)?

@linuxgurugamer does the BahaAnimation dll have any affect on engine FX (such as the no sound behavior described above), or is it strictly animation related?

18 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I did tweak the patch very slightly because of this, but testing showed no change on my end. Did you just update? Are you using any of the new patches, if so?

You could try using DebugStuff to see if ModuleDeployableEngine is getting added, or better yet send me a log. The BahaSP sound issue...I don't know the code of it, but I'd be surprised if it touched the FX.

This is beginning to sound suspiciously like something else is at work. To be clear, you can use CryoEngines fine, right (the ones that have animations)?

I must have been hallucinating late last night because I just tried it again (DeployableEngines, no BahaSP, and no Landertron) and I'm back to the original behavior: thrust and exhaust but no animation in flight.

I am using TaurusContinued v0.1.1 (or 0.2 as it appears in the changelog) with TaurusHCV 1.5.3 and my orbital engine patch. DebugStuff does report that ModuleDeployableEngine is present. I can use other deployable engines without apparent issue (the Chelyabinsk cryoengine is working normally). 

I thought I said this when you asked over in the Landertron thread, @Deimos Rast, but DeployableEngines is looking for a ModuleEnginesFX and does not work with ModuleEngines.  It is unlike BD's AnimatedEngine in this way.  See e.g. my SoyJuice Service Module patch for tips on "converting" the module.  (Be sure to check for compatibility with RealPlume Stock Configs, if they're expecting a ModuleEngines and not ModuleEnginesFX.)

4 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I thought I said this when you asked over in the Landertron thread, @Deimos Rast, but DeployableEngines is looking for a ModuleEnginesFX and does not work with ModuleEngines.  It is unlike BD's AnimatedEngine in this way.  See e.g. my SoyJuice Service Module patch for tips on "converting" the module.  (Be sure to check for compatibility with RealPlume Stock Configs, if they're expecting a ModuleEngines and not ModuleEnginesFX.)

oh, I misunderstood, I assumed it was in addition to ModuleEngines, as that would stand to reason (to my mind). That clears things up. Thanks!

@PocketBrotector The reason it works for me and not for you, and I suspect not for anyone else in your situation, is because I have RealPlume-Stock installed, which converts the TaurusHCV ModuleEngines to ModuleEnginesFX, thus allowing it to work with ModuleDeployableEngines. I'm guessing you don't have that mod? It's a cool mod, and I highly recommend it, but either way, it looks like I need to write another patch.

Now we're making some progress.:)

EDIT: Glad you linked that, since apparently my version of HGRCommFixes is out of date and I was working from an incomplete patch.

Edited by Deimos Rast

@PocketBrotector

Alright, I have something for you to try. I tested it without RealPlume-Stock and it worked, so I'm assuming that means it'll work for you too.

I also made you another patch, that converts the new engine FX (I used the Twitch engine) to a monoprop engine (the Puff OMS), since I know how much you love your monoprop.:D

EDIT: Actually, turns out the Twitch FX was a bad choice (exhaust plume only comes out of one port:huh:). The Puff FX works very well though. Make sure to enable the "HCV_MonoPropFX.cfg" patch in the optional extras folder. I need to hunt for a new FX before I make a general release...

EDIT2: Found a better FX: the LES.

Edited by Deimos Rast

First is the default, SolidFuel EngineFX (from the stock LES).

Second is the MonoProp EngineFX (from the stock Puff OMS).

On a side note: this thing does not want to fly straight, even up. I think I might need to look at the CoL and CoP offsets in the configs later.

EDIT: Assuming the new patch works, I'll roll out a new update with that and a few other changes tomorrow most likely (including CTT support, courtesy of Kerbas-ad-astra).

r6PMfdtg.jpg

jpwfRJeg.jpg

Edited by Deimos Rast

15 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

@PocketBrotector

Alright, I have something for you to try. I tested it without RealPlume-Stock and it worked, so I'm assuming that means it'll work for you too.

I also made you another patch, that converts the new engine FX (I used the Twitch engine) to a monoprop engine (the Puff OMS), since I know how much you love your monoprop.:D

EDIT: Actually, turns out the Twitch FX was a bad choice (exhaust plume only comes out of one port:huh:). The Puff FX works very well though. Make sure to enable the "HCV_MonoPropFX.cfg" patch in the optional extras folder. I need to hunt for a new FX before I make a general release...

EDIT2: Found a better FX: the LES.

The Puff effects work like a charm! The deployment animation runs, then I get thrust, exhaust, and sound. The engines retract upon shutdown too.

14 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

On a side note: this thing does not want to fly straight, even up. I think I might need to look at the CoL and CoP offsets in the configs later.

Yes, this has been the case for as long as I have used the mod. I believe that the thrust is off-center so that the command module is yanked laterally away from the (exploding) launch vehicle during an abort. Given that the TWR of the command module is likely so much higher than that of the launcher, I'm not sure if this is a necessary feature, but I'm not an LES designer. The lateral movement does seem more pronounced in the stock and Taurus escape systems than in videos of Apollo and SpaceX abort tests.

Will you be adjusting the mass of the ore tank for the next version of your patch? (4.667t to keep the ratio consistent with the 2.5m stock tank)

Also, cheers for CTT support!

1 minute ago, PocketBrotector said:

The Puff effects work like a charm! The deployment animation runs, then I get thrust, exhaust, and sound. The engines retract upon shutdown too.

Yes, this has been the case for as long as I have used the mod. I believe that the thrust is off-center so that the command module is yanked laterally away from the (exploding) launch vehicle during an abort. Given that the TWR of the command module is likely so much higher than that of the launcher, I'm not sure if this is a necessary feature, but I'm not an LES designer. The lateral movement does seem more pronounced in the stock and Taurus escape systems than in videos of Apollo and SpaceX abort tests.

Will you be adjusting the mass of the ore tank for the next version of your patch? (4.667t to keep the ratio consistent with the 2.5m stock tank)

Also, cheers for CTT support!

so the engines work as they should then? There is a "WaitForAnimation" setting of 0 to 1 (0-100%) if you think it waits too long to deploy.

hmmm, maybe the capsule is meant to fly drunk then, and I should leave it alone. Or I could crank up the RX Wheel to compensate! Just kidding.:sticktongue:

I can do that with the tank, yeah.

And thank @Kerbas_ad_astra for CTT - and for the engine patches, since you could say mine were heavily "inspired" by his.

Also since you're here: I've been gifted some DDS textures by @MeCripp - how do you feel about me just doing a full repackaging of this mod and rehosting it as opposed to just patches? Would probably need a new thread though. I was somewhat reluctant to do the new thread thing, 'cuz more work, and I'm allergic to work, but I've already gone this far, so, meh.

10 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

There is a "WaitForAnimation" setting of 0 to 1 (0-100%) if you think it waits too long to deploy.

That would be good! LES seems like one of those things that you don't want to wait around for :wink: 

11 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Also since you're here: I've been gifted some DDS textures by @MeCripp - how do you feel about me just doing a full repackaging of this mod and rehosting it as opposed to just patches? Would probably need a new thread though. I was somewhat reluctant to do the new thread thing, 'cuz more work, and I'm allergic to work, but I've already gone this far, so, meh.

I suppose that means coming to terms with the notion that @jnrobinson and @bsquiklehausen are, realistically, absent for the indefinite short term? :( A single release with a new thread should certainly improve discoverability and ease of installation, at any rate.

And because it can't be said enough: great work and thanks! (That include @Kerbas_ad_astra of course). Always nice to see the community taking on maintenance of beloved mods.

2 minutes ago, PocketBrotector said:

That would be good! LES seems like one of those things that you don't want to wait around for :wink: 

I suppose that means coming to terms with the notion that @jnrobinson and @bsquiklehausen are, realistically, absent for the indefinite short term? :( A single release with a new thread should certainly improve discoverability and ease of installation, at any rate.

And because it can't be said enough: great work and thanks! (That include @Kerbas_ad_astra of course). Always nice to see the community taking on maintenance of beloved mods.

The WaitForAnimation is set to 1, the maximum at the moment, but I suppose I or you, could turn it down some, so the engines go off mid animation.

Looks like @jnrobinson has been offline over a year. And @bsquiklehausen was last online...Tuesday?  Huh. But last posted here in this thread in May. Guess I shoot him/her a message then. Obviously whatever happens, they would be free to resume control should they wish, and can use my stuff as they see fit.

I'll roll out your private update to the public, with fixed FX and the tank mass (if I remember), later today probably.

"Later today" turned out to be tomorrow, my bad.

Here it is.

This patch takes aim mainly at the Taurus HCV engine animations not playing correctly if you were using Nertea's DeployableEngines mod. See changelog below for other changes.

Thanks to all who contributed to the update! As always, feedback is much appreciated and welcomed.

Cheers.

IMPORTANT: Because I renamed and moved some things around, please delete the old version completely instead of merging this one into it, otherwise you'll get duplicates! It's a good policy to do that anyway when updating.:wink:

Direct download of v0.1.2 here

Repo here

Changes

===================================================================================
v0.1.2
===================================================================================
- Added CTT patch (thanks Kerbas-ad-astra)
- Removed CargoBayFix patch (integrated directly in Science.cfg patch)
- Renamed some things (patches)
- Added MonoPropFX patch (disabled by default) for the HCV engines
- Added patch to fix ModuleDeployableEngine not recognizing HCV engine animation
- Reduced mass on Ore Tank from 5 to 4.667

Edited by Deimos Rast

On 11/5/2016 at 1:00 PM, Deimos Rast said:

Alright, here she be. @ZentroCatson

I updated the mod to 1.2.1 and gave it a balance pass.

Thermal mechanics and cost were changed, sometimes a fair bit (maxTemp was consistently high, cost consistently low, oftentimes very).

There was some change in functionality, but nothing major. Specifically, the size3 stack separator saw a boost in ejectionForce from 100 to 1200 and the Taurus HCV engines now run on SolidFuel instead of MonoPropellant. If people prefer the monopropellant fueled engines, I can write an optional patch that reverts the change (I intended to, but forgot).

People have mentioned that BahaSP is not updated: this is not true. You can grab it from QuizTechContinued. Additionally, I added a patch so that if you have Nertea's DeployableEngines (found in CryoEngines for example), it will use that instead. Moreover, if you have Landertron installed, it will convert the Taurus HCV engines into Landertron engines. This begs the question: do people see these engines as descent engines or LES engines? Because at present, they work more as LES (as I believe they were initially conceived), but I'd like to see them be able to do both (currently they don't do the greatest with descent). Thoughts?

I can't claim full credit for this patch, as it borrows from @Kerbas_ad_astra HGR patch (GPL v3 licensed).

There are a couple of issues I discovered, and can't figure out away around them, but they are pretty minor.

• Firstly, for me at least, the IVA's all seem to have a weird FOV/fisheye effect going on, which I don't remember being there before. I didn't see any rescaling in the internal configs (and I didn't apply any that wasn't already there), so I'm at a loss. All three IVA's have it, so it might be inherent (or it could be an RPM bug for all I know).
  • Secondly, if you have Realplume-Stock installed, it renames the Taurus HCV engines from ModuleEngines to ModuleEnginesFX which causes the error "Could not find ModuleEngines" to popup when you first select the HCV in the editor, if you have the "Display Errors on Screen" enabled. To be clear, it's an error, not an exception, and everything works perfectly (engine animations, manual firing, Landertron firing, etc). I can't figure out which mod is throwing the error, but if you see it, that's what's happening.

Feedback as always is appreciated, especially on balance. I compared everything to stock values when deciding what to go with.

Everything tested and working perfectly (aside from aforementioned issues).

Installation Install the base mod and then extract my patch folder somewhere into the GameData directory. Requires Module Manager to work.

Repo here

Changelog here

Direct download of v0.1 here

Incredible work! I honestly didn't know that BahaSP was up to date at all. Thanks so much for the update!

1 hour ago, bsquiklehausen said:

Incredible work! I honestly didn't know that BahaSP was up to date at all. Thanks so much for the update!

woah, howdy stranger!:D

Been meaning to send you a PM about stuff and things, when I saw you've been online recently, just to touch base.

Yeah, BahaSP is updated, but only one mod really uses it at the moment, so I included the option to use Nertea's DeployableEngines (used by his CryoEngines and Kerbal Atomics), which I think we can all agree will probably be around awhile.

I can't claim full credit, as I had some class A input from @PocketBrotector and @Kerbas_ad_astra (along with a few patches).

If I haven't mentioned it before, I'll say it now: feel free to use whatever you want of mine - just make sure it's the latest version!:wink: