[1.2.1] Taurus HCV - 3.75 m CSM System [v1.5.3 - July 1, 2014]

bsquiklehausen

Like this ?

*snip*

Actually I see this in the changelog v 1.3.0 (10/6/14)

I think that should work - I'd leave in the monopropellant though - stock pods also carry it. There used to be an alternate configuration provided, as EL would cause the LES to fire on launch, but that is no longer a conflict and it should work properly.

I did comment them out with or without the propellant tank, but in both cases it is still active.

Guess I will leave it as it is and just try to remember to put that on Stage 0, so it will be the last one I may "space" into.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I like your parts, unfortunately there are some problems:

1. Your TaurusHCV part config does not have an ending bracket, it lacks a } at the end.

2. Your folder name R&SCapsuledyne is problematic for module manager configs, since & is an operator, could you shorten the folder name to RSCapsuledyne please?

3. In your TaurusHCV config, you have life support resources included, without checking whether TAC life support is installed or not. Since TAC life support adds resources automatically, I suggest removing those resource definitions from your config. That makes the pod usable with other life support systems.

Thank you very much!

Edited by Yemo

Hey,

I like your parts, unfortunately there are some problems:

*snip*

Thank you very much!

Thanks Yemo! We will look into these changes for the next release, which we are planning on getting as close to the 1.0 release as we can, ensuring compatibility.

It's a new stuff overload!

To go with KSP's 1.0 release, here's a new batch of Taurus Parts and updates! Enjoy!

BPogKiO.jpg

The update is live on KerbalStuff, Mega, and Curse!

PLEASE NOTE: Kerbal Stuff's version is 1.5.0, with 1.0 Compatibility! They haven't let us label the pack as 1.0 compatible, but it is!

v 1.5.0 (4/27/15)
-Added new part: a 3.75 m nuclear engine with four gimballing bells and fairing
-Added new part: a 3.75 m ore tank for stock ISRU system
-Added internal view for Science Lab
-Updated parts config files to include information for stock aerodynamics and heating
-Rebalances for the Quadroodle and fuel tank to fit stock closer
-Updated science bay to include new lab mechanics and new aero support
-Updated heat shield for stock ablator and aero - now matches stock 3.75m shield
-Removed TACLS from Taurus Config to allow for other LS mods to be used
-Fixed Quadroodle collision mesh bugs
-Added launch surface FX to Quadroodle

Edited by bsquiklehausen
Updated Availability

Just a heads up, the landing gear included in the BahaSP folder of the download don't function at all. Not sure if they're even supposed to be there.

Edit: Yes I know they're from something entirely different, but as they are included, I thought it prudent to point it out.

landing gear included in the BahaSP folder

Oops - not supposed to be there at all! We'll clear them ASAP. Feel free to delete! The Baha's animation plugin does need to be there though.

Thanks for getting this updated so quick

Any plans to migrate the textures to DDS now with stock support for it?

We do plan on it to go along with a major efficiency overhaul/pass soon, if not sooner. It adds an extra step into testing every part, so we are reluctant to do it until all our HCV parts are in game and we can really get down and figure out what we can do to clean everything up and make it fast.

USI Life Support seems to trigger the LES on vessel launch. I've reported it on the USI-LS thread, and the fix will probably be from RoverDude's end. Just wanted to mention it here in case anyone else runs into the problem.

Thanks! I'll get in touch with Roverdude as well. This is likely similar to the Extraplanetary Launchpads bug from a while ago, so I know how it can be fixed. Thanks for the report!

I like your Lab the most of all (including stock) Now it also has IVA I am just stunned.

Have you changed the way it works in 1.0 now ?

About the Pod - Frankly, I could not find much use in 0.9, but now with tourists and everything 7 kerbals in 1 piece seems waaaay more reasonable. And the IVA is awesome !

I like your Lab the most of all (including stock) Now it also has IVA I am just stunned.

Have you changed the way it works in 1.0 now ?

About the Pod - Frankly, I could not find much use in 0.9, but now with tourists and everything 7 kerbals in 1 piece seems waaaay more reasonable. And the IVA is awesome !

Glad you like it! The lab is updated to use the new research mechanic, so it should work exactly like the stock lab in that regard, and the cargo bay doors are updated to work properly as well, shielding experiments from the aero forces.