Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

On 3/26/2016 at 8:42 PM, Tallinu said:

When the update appeared in AVC, the change log button gave me a large window full of HTML, and the download button was still pointing to kerbalstuff. I assume that's just the fact that the currently installed version provides those links, and the new version will have at least the correct download link for future updates?

Thanks for finding this, I have updated the mod to fix the AVC links.  No other changes so if you're not too worried about it no need to upgrade.

On 3/25/2016 at 2:07 PM, worsin said:

Detaching a container from an octocore sometimes results in you not being able to reattach it.  You end up having to create the entire thing from scratch in order to reattach the container you want.

i'm not sure if this bug is unique to Universal Storage. i encounter it quite often with normal parts: for some reason attachment nodes sometimes disappear on removal of a part.

22 minutes ago, speedwaystar said:

i'm not sure if this bug is unique to Universal Storage. i encounter it quite often with normal parts: for some reason attachment nodes sometimes disappear on removal of a part.

Yeah, i think we just suffer more because of how many nodes the cores have - there's always a higher probability you'll see the issue with our mod instead of single node part mods. Here's hoping 1.1 addresses it.

1 hour ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

With very basic testing it appears that Universal Storage works in 1.1 as is.

I haven't tested it with any other mods, like KIS and I suspect those will need to be updated first, but the basic stock + US seems to work just fine.

That's a relief - great to hear! Did you manage to get a Steam pre-release key? :)

1 hour ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

Yeah it's steam only.  Reason being Squad don't have the servers set up to handle pushing out large frequent updates, too much bandwidth.

Reason for that being they may be updating as often as once or twice a day, and only want users that would be on the most recent version so they don't get conflicting / useless bug reports.

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Reason for that being they may be updating as often as once or twice a day, and only want users that would be on the most recent version so they don't get conflicting / useless bug reports.

Fair enough, for a pre-release that's exactly the kind of platform flexibility you want. Good news about the US1 working though, i was afraid i'd have to rush through US2 to get a functioning mod ready in time. 

11 minutes ago, captainradish said:

I'm having issue with the DMagic stuff not working properly under 1.1. I'm unsure if this is an issue with DMagic as parts from there don't seem to be working either.

Firstly, I don't think DMagic has updated his mod for the 1.1 pre-release, nor has the author of this mod (as far as I know, I haven't seen anything to tell me different). So, basically it's not going to work in 1.1. Remember, this is a pre-release. Not everyone has access to this and not everyone is hurrying up to update to a pre-release. A fair amount of mod makers are waiting for the official release to actually do anything, so please be patient. 

Universal Storage appears to work in 1.1, so far it's worked for me just fine.  I'm not going to officially say it works for 1.1 until that is officially released, but please do go ahead and test it.
DMagic hasn't been updated though and as it's more complex that a simple parts mod it's likely to take more work.

I've tried searching back through this thread, but haven't found the answer to this.

Is there any chance of getting a TAC-LS compatible Air Filter and Carbon Extractor wedge of some kind?

Edited by tsaven

On 4/2/2016 at 6:36 PM, tsaven said:

I've tried searching back through this thread, but haven't found the answer to this.

Is there any chance of getting a TAC-LS compatible Air Filter and Carbon Extractor wedge of some kind?

There are already recycling parts in the mod.  You'll need a sabatier reactor and some hydrogen to split the CO2 into mostly water and some liquid fuel (methane in reality, which can be used as rocket fuel).

There is also a Elektron in there to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen, so you get an almost closed loop (you'll very slowly loose hydrogen and gain liquid fuel)

We went with that system as it is used, ether in production or testing, on the ISS.  There are other ways to get the carbon out of CO2 directly, but we went with this one.

18 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

There are already recycling parts in the mod.  You'll need a sabatier reactor and some hydrogen to split the CO2 into mostly water and some liquid fuel (methane in reality, which can be used as rocket fuel).

There is also a Elektron in there to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen, so you get an almost closed loop (you'll very slowly loose hydrogen and gain liquid fuel)

We went with that system as it is used, ether in production or testing, on the ISS.  There are other ways to get the carbon out of CO2 directly, but we went with this one.

I see, I guess I was thinking more of a one-step item like what TAC-LS has with it's Carbon Extractor and Air Filter, but in wedge form.  I understand your reasons, though.

Thanks again for this mod!

the Fuel Cell too op?

The cell is insanely hungry and powerful. At a rate of 16ECs it pumps out roughly 300kEC in just over 5 hours with the "packaged" fuel.

Besides it's moved to an early tech node with Community Tech Tree, and it's too much surge for those crafts. In fact it eliminates battery buffering.

in fact it's comparable to the massive liquid fuel stock Fuel Cell Array at 18 ECs, which comes four tech nodes later.

Hmm I just noticed that with the most recent version some of the science parts are not working anymore, they worked fine with the 1.05 build on 1.1 x64 (dmagicstuff) tho perhaps it's the other mod since I updated them both today.

Hi, 

I've been running this on 1.1 along with dmagic and having a slight issue with the RPWS module. As you can see in the pics it sticks out further than the others.

Assume its something wrong with US so thought I'd mention it :) If you need anything else let me know, or if its an issue with dmagic not yourside and I can post over there. Thanks

screenshot19.pngscreenshot20.png

58 minutes ago, lude said:

Hmm I just noticed that with the most recent version some of the science parts are not working anymore, they worked fine with the 1.05 build on 1.1 x64 (dmagicstuff) tho perhaps it's the other mod since I updated them both today.

They have all been fine for me, which parts are you having the issue with?

Edited by Torih

11 minutes ago, Torih said:

Magnetometer boom works fine but mystery goo, presmat/2hot, rpws antenna and science jr don't work anymore, but I'll just try an older version of dmagic or hmm. dunno what could have caused it, perhaps me updating  dsciencemagicanimate

3 minutes ago, lude said:

Magnetometer boom works fine but mystery goo, presmat/2hot, rpws antenna and science jr don't work anymore, but I'll just try an older version of dmagic or hmm. dunno what could have caused it, perhaps me updating  dsciencemagicanimate

They are definitely working fine. Guessing you may have just got the 1.2 version of dmagic from his first post, you need the 1.2.1

https://github.com/DMagic1/Orbital-Science/releases/tag/v1.2.1

If its not that try asking in the dmagic thread :)

44 minutes ago, Torih said:

They are definitely working fine. Guessing you may have just got the 1.2 version of dmagic from his first post, you need the 1.2.1

https://github.com/DMagic1/Orbital-Science/releases/tag/v1.2.1

If its not that try asking in the dmagic thread :)

Sweet, thanks a lot that  fixed it :D (even tho i downloaded some dev branch, tho that was probably what broke it) and sorry for writing in the  wrong thread ^^

Edited by lude

6 hours ago, Torih said:

Hi, 

I've been running this on 1.1 along with dmagic and having a slight issue with the RPWS module. As you can see in the pics it sticks out further than the others.

Assume its something wrong with US so thought I'd mention it :) If you need anything else let me know, or if its an issue with dmagic not yourside and I can post over there. Thanks

screenshot19.pngscreenshot20.png

I didn't even know that the science bays even showed up with the latest orbital science and universal storage updates in 1.1.  Mine don't show up.  I just thought that was the way it was going to be until 1.1 is officially released, lol.  Not sure what's going wrong on my end.

Disregard this....I had a massive brain fart and installed the folder wrong.....

Edited by Regfull
Installed the file wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to KSP 1.1

Actually there were no changes required, except to package the latest version of CRP and MM and update the AVC file.

On 4/9/2016 at 3:02 PM, rgr said:

the Fuel Cell too op?

The cell is insanely hungry and powerful. At a rate of 16ECs it pumps out roughly 300kEC in just over 5 hours with the "packaged" fuel.

Besides it's moved to an early tech node with Community Tech Tree, and it's too much surge for those crafts. In fact it eliminates battery buffering.

in fact it's comparable to the massive liquid fuel stock Fuel Cell Array at 18 ECs, which comes four tech nodes later.

It's really hard to balance because Squad haven't told us what 1EC is.  I've done my best to balance the parts based on the real thing and the assumed power of solar panels based on real world panels.

As always, it's a balance between people who want realism and balancing against stock parts.  Feel free to tweak the values and share your results.

Edited by Paul Kingtiger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.