Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

hey guys, just wanna post that while yes this does work in 0.90 - if you're redownloading this it contains an outdated version of RoverDude's USI Tools, and that if you install this after MKS or Karbonite or anything you may be overwriting his most recent changes (which causes problems, like things not working corretly), make sure you dont nuke your most recent USI Tools folder

hey guys, just wanna post that while yes this does work in 0.90 - if you're redownloading this it contains an outdated version of RoverDude's USI Tools, and that if you install this after MKS or Karbonite or anything you may be overwriting his most recent changes (which causes problems, like things not working corretly), make sure you dont nuke your most recent USI Tools folder

I definitely did that.

Version 1.0.0 released!

Daishi and I are proud to present version 1.0 of Universal Storage! In real terms this is a minor release, with updated version files for 0.90 and a change over from USI_Tools to Regolith for the resource convertor module.

However this is a big update for us because it marks Universal Storage as complete! We will continue to bug fix and update the mod so that it works with new versions of KSP, but we won't be adding or changing any of the parts or functionality.

However we are working on something new, which we will share with you when it is a little more complete.

In the meantime please enjoy US_1 and please let me know if you run into any problems.

Download's are on Kerbal Stuff and you can find more information on my website (link in my sig).

New that 1.0 is out I'm going to start work on some more documentation on the website, including information about each part, sort of a mini wiki.

Change Log

• Replaced USI_Tool resource convertor with Regolith convertor modules.
  • ECLSS pack is now the ECLSS and ION Cross pack, working with both life support mods.
  • Bundled Community Resource Pack

Edited by Paul Kingtiger

Are you on CKAN? Can't find the update on there, and 0.9.4 shows up for an older version of KSP, but only the core pack and not the KAS and TAC pack.

It's a work in progress, I'm not 100% on how to configure the meta files. I've raised an issue on github so hopefully someone can help me out.

I cant use any of the science modules. I can open the doors but when I right click run experiment nothing happens

The science modules are part of Dmagic's mod, 'Orbital Science'. You'll need to let him know over on his thread.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64972-0-25-DMagic-Orbital-Science-New-Science-Parts-V0-9-0-2-(11-29-14)

The Universal Storage Electron goes goofy if you accelerate time past like past the 6th speed, like its fastest at 6th and gets way slower at the 7th and even slower at 8th speed. Past the 3rd speed it shows 0% load most of the time, you can click it on and off and it changes sometimes, it's clearly working.

Edited by Sarda

Are you on CKAN? Can't find the update on there, and 0.9.4 shows up for an older version of KSP, but only the core pack and not the KAS and TAC pack.

By now, you should see UniversalStorage 1.0.0 in your CKAN client.

The Universal Storage Electron goes goofy if you accelerate time past like past the 6th speed, like its fastest at 6th and gets way slower at the 7th and even slower at 8th speed. Past the 3rd speed it shows 0% load most of the time, you can click it on and off and it changes sometimes, it's clearly working.

Do you get the same with the Fuel Cell? They are both using the same module, so if it happens with one it should happen with both. However they do run at different rates so it's possible it affects only one. I'll do some tests and see what I can find.

Are you perhaps intending to ever add taller core parts? I mean it's ok to stack up to 3 of them vertically but it also risks a big wobble issue in rocket stacks. Using FAR I kind of fear this will already cause me trouble if I don't abuse some offset a bit.

If you do consider adding taller parts, I suggest heights 1x (current), 2x and 3x. The taller ones could have multiple nodes vertically so you don't need to add multiple versions of different wedge modules.

Hey, I just noticed that your hydrogen tank wedge costs 3,500 funds. All of the other wedges (e.g. the oxygen tank) are around 350. Is this big price difference intentional, or is it a typo?

{Engage PsuedoScience Voice}

Hydrogen is very less dense than the other items in stored in the wedges, so the compressed storage tanks require a lot more metal to keep from going KABOOM when you do not want it to.

{Disengage PSV}

What is the ideal setup for long term life support with TAC? Food and water is easy, but what about oxygen? Should I be using the Elektron to convert water to hydrogen and oxygen (and would I need lots of empty hydrogen tanks?) Or use the Sabatier (and whats the optimal ratios for CO2 to Hydrogen?)

Edited by OldMold

The 'couplers' say that they can be staged by the crew only directly, but the mechanics of doing this are commented out of the .cfg files. You should change something to reflect this. Personally I'd rather you enable the decoupling function but just put a note about MechJeb / Engineer instead.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.