Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

That's a model issue and we'll have to wait for Daishi to supply a new file.
I replaced the TAC CO2-Wedge model with the older ECLSS CO2-Wedge model file, and it worked.
The Water purifier cleans 1 liter per hour and the Sabatier produces about the same.

The Elektron turns 1 liter of water into about 800 liters of Oxygen per hour.

I'll chuck together a hotfix thing soon, and update the part descriptions to better reflect Paul's rates.

You must be getting an issue from somewhere else, you should keep the US_TAC (25% resources).cfg and US_TAC.cfg if you want reduced resources.

The first one drops resources to 25% and the second one adds TAC resources to the EVAx.

I guess I should cut it out with the 3:00 AM troubleshooting then. Is any of this supposed to change the water tank size on the fuel cell? That's what sent me down that particular rabbithole.

It is, but you have to take into account insulation and machinery. 60% of volume as usable space seems to be a common amount for resources I could find.

Water is a bit different as it is stored in bags within the pressurised part of the craft, rather than external tanks, but I've stuck with the 60%

Has anyone noticed that the EVA pack won't use it's resources? I edited mine to pack some snacks for the Snacks! mod, and I don't know if I broke it, or if others are seeing this too. I'm about to erase it and restore the original and see if that works.

SMt9rtr.jpg

724TCDx.jpg

Has anyone noticed that the EVA pack won't use it's resources? I edited mine to pack some snacks for the Snacks! mod, and I don't know if I broke it, or if others are seeing this too. I'm about to erase it and restore the original and see if that works.

http://i.imgur.com/SMt9rtr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/724TCDx.jpg

Its something to do with the flow states of the Kerbal - it doesn't accept resources unless you manually transfer them in. We're looking into it :)

Its something to do with the flow states of the Kerbal - it doesn't accept resources unless you manually transfer them in. We're looking into it :)

Uh, okay, just so I know I didn't break it. So, just curious, why does it work on the previous versions? Before I upgraded to this version it used its fuel before using the Kerbals. If its has to do with the kerbal's flow state, why would it break between updates?

Uh, okay, just so I know I didn't break it. So, just curious, why does it work on the previous versions? Before I upgraded to this version it used its fuel before using the Kerbals. If its has to do with the kerbal's flow state, why would it break between updates?

Are you sure, what update do you mean? KSP or US? Just loaded up my 0.23 and 0.23.5 version and the resource feeding doesn't work in either.

KSP .23.5 and {maybe.24}, but not tested in .24.2 US KAS ver.752 possibly .75.3 Its been a while since I've actually used it in game, but I remember it used to work all the time, thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I may have a vid clip of it working, cause I made one and sent it to a friend I thought it was so cool, I'll look but I don't know if I still have it, or if he does.

I know I ought to be asking in the TAC thread, but...I like it here...:blush:

I installed only TacLifeSupport and TacLifeSupportRecyclers as discussed earlier, but I notice in the VAB and SPH that none of the pods (except a certain few from mods that are designed for TAC) contain any resources besides electricity and monoprop. I assume this will result in the quick death of my Kerbals during a trip in my station ferry plane. Is there an easy way to remedy this through MM, or perhaps a specific file I'm missing? I'm using the human resource consumption rates as well.

You did something wrong. I'm using here only TAC LS Plugin and the parts of Universal Storage.

The TAC came with the cfg file to put all the pods with Life Support. I may have deleted it wrong OOZ662.

These files must be in (bellow) and you must have last version of Module Manager installed.

(ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupport)

14967847547_82502ffcf7_o.png

These MM_*.cfg files are the ones that edit TacLifeSupport into Stock Manned Pods.

If still not working, i think you will need to send your log/crash report to TAC Life Support thread, so they can check what is happening.

Edited by Climberfx

Looking at how MM_AddResources.cfg works and the way Paul implemented the human consumption rates, I assume that even when I get it working the pods will only contain supplies for 1/4 their intended endurance, but I really don't feel like hand-editing 360 entries...

I wouldn't have installed the human consumption rates if I wanted to use the Kerbal ones. ;) Unfortunately multiplying all of the values in MM_AddResources.cfg by four is a lot of work without a program to automate it.

I misunderstood you. I think you don't want the 1/4.

But as Paul explain in the implementation, you can use only one of then. If you put the Thunder cfg on the place of the original, it won't need to use the 25% cfg, than you don't need the MM for that, and the results are the same.

But i still think your problem is with MM, that aren't doing the cfg files edit automatically. Because before you ask about the pods without resources.

Edited by Climberfx

KSP .23.5 and {maybe.24}, but not tested in .24.2 US KAS ver.752 possibly .75.3 Its been a while since I've actually used it in game, but I remember it used to work all the time, thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I may have a vid clip of it working, cause I made one and sent it to a friend I thought it was so cool, I'll look but I don't know if I still have it, or if he does.

Okay, I don't know what gives, I've gone back to .23 and .23.5 all morning and tested every version of EVAx all the way back to the original release version, and I can't make it work again. I must have been playing with another mod that made changes to the kerbals or resource flow coding that made it work, because I talked to my buddy and he remembers it working too.

Okay, I don't know what gives, I've gone back to .23 and .23.5 all morning and tested every version of EVAx all the way back to the original release version, and I can't make it work again. I must have been playing with another mod that made changes to the kerbals or resource flow coding that made it work, because I talked to my buddy and he remembers it working too.

Might have been ECLSS? That overwrote the EVAPropellant resource to something else, it might have switched Kerbal flow rates too. Considering the code of the entire mod is incompatible with 0.24.2, i'd say it did change some significant things to do with resource consumption.

Got a good description for the waste water segment! XD

"Contains all your astronauts urine and a small amount of their dignity!" What happened to the fuel cell thing?? i cant find it anywhere (i cant see it in the parts folder??)

Urgh, dunno. I'll pass on that one!

The fuel cell is in the D20_SafetyDecoupler_250 folder, little mistake. Pretty sure it still works in game. Paul's on it in any case, and will sort things out in a hotfix after he gets some sleep :)

Edited by Daishi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.