Mysterious Blue Dot

(almost) the same just happened to me as well, coming down home the graphics did not change to higher resolution like it usually would, and approaching surface it was like 'landing' on Jool. My ship survived though. Oh and I did not have the claw and there are no mods whatsoever.

screenshot6.png

Do you have any mods installed? Go into Settings, Graphics, and check to make sure that 'Fallback Shaders' = False. Fallback shaders is one of those options that if turned on can cause weird graphics problems.

That happened to me last night.

That doesn't answer any of my questions. Wait, why did you even bother to post this exact same thread again? There is no reason for this thread when you already have this one -> http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/75324-Mysterious-Blue-Dot

You shouldn't create multiple threads for the same issue.

Perhaps a fan of Carl Sagan decided to sneak some trojan code into the game to occasionally turn your homeworld into a mere blue dot.

Someone who desperately wanted to feel like the game had interstellar travel? :sticktongue:

Seems like a Kraken attack. All kinds of weird things happen. I once had a duna lander ejected from the system at near the speed of light.

What is weird is that the kraken isn't ripping ships apart. The planet is quite simply disappearing, and the craft falls to the blue dot and crashes.

Perhaps if this happens again to someome, try to zoom way out and see if the ship has clipped into the terrain.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.