KVV - Kronal Vessel Viewer = Exploded ship view + Axes on the VAB + other stuff: now released into public domain

kronal

my offset button isnt working either, im trying to get it to work on kerbal x rocket
HI,

I just downloaded this from Curse and I too cannot get the explode view to work. What gives?

It doesn't work with any craft..

I followed the instructions to the letter.

You need KAS and PF to use exploded view? Strange.

Will wait for a fix, thanks.

ty for your troubles

Alright guys. Sorry about the bug! Fix is on the site(s)!

[EDIT 0.25]

Compiled with 0.25. Waiting for KAS/PF updated.

Edited by bigorangemachine

Anyone else still having trouble with the offset button? Instead of an exploded view when I click it, I just get the peculiar effect of all of my struts disappearing.

That's actually a feature of the... uhh... feature. yeah...

What this means is that there's good news! At least one small part of the intended function is functioning as expected.

PF & KAS seems to be running as 0.25-versions now :D (can't wait for your offical 0.25 release :D )

Hey man. Been busy... thanks for the notice I wouldn't have been able to react as quick.

Updated 0.25.

If people download from github please be sure not to download the pre-release and download this one. Otherwise feel free to use KerbalStuff or Curse

Still have the semi transparency bug. With KVV installed I get this:

kC1zcsS.png

You can see the shadow and wires inside the Materials Lab through the side of the lab. If I remove KVV, this does NOT happen.

NOTE: I don't see this on the launch pad, I have to be somewhere in atmo flight or space. (Or maybe it had to do with the suns angle?)

GitHub requires you to sign up and while I am all up for it, since I may use it for things other than the KSP modding community.

However the forum is usually a perfectly viable space for bug reports. Is the only reason for the transparency issue not to be fixed the fact that is hasn't been reported on GitHub?

• 4 weeks later...

So I downloaded this mod (tool?) from the Kerbal Stuff. It works fine until... well, until I need it to work: as soon as I open the window, the game runs at like 2fps or less. If I close the window, it doesn't solve the problem, but If I load a new craft or create a new one, everything gets back to normal.

I copied the KronalUtils folder to the Game Data Folder. I'm using a laptop with Win7 Home Premium 64bit, 6GB Ram, Intel i7 @1.6, NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M. The grapgics settings are as low as possible.

Any idea why this happens, and how to solve it?

Mostly. I used to use this mod, but stopped because it caused graphics issues like shadows appearing through parts. Other users have reported other graphical bugs (e.g. certain MapResourceOverlay maps not appearing) caused by KVV. I think there's been at least one update on bigorangemachine's branch since then (available at KerbalStuff among other places), so it might have been fixed, but I haven't felt like trying.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.