KVV - Kronal Vessel Viewer = Exploded ship view + Axes on the VAB + other stuff: now released into public domain

kronal

I thought those white lines were a scale. Can we get a scale?

Like I said, that would be things better suited for photoshop. When we get information exporting that would be a good attribute to include.

Yes, scale will be awesome. And ability to set screenshot size)

And the most beautiful thing will be front-side-bottom view!

We recently discovered that images over 4096px (height or width) generate those white lines. In the recent release (10 minutes ago) all screenshots will now render up to 4096.

Set the color to pure black, even if you have dark objects on your ship due to the rendering it won't be exactly (0,0,0). Then just import into an image editor and use a magic wand tool to remove the black. Now you can layer on top of any image

It'd be be better if the plugin could export an alpha channel.

/prepress hat on: Use select color range for de-matteing instead of the magic wand. It's easier to tweak the threshold on the fly that way.

It'd be be better if the plugin could export an alpha channel.

/prepress hat on: Use select color range for de-matteing instead of the magic wand. It's easier to tweak the threshold on the fly that way.

Have an alpha channel is a planned feature.

If you know how to use Photoshop Layer Masks you can export 1 of the your ship and 1 of a black-white mask you could easily combine them.

[EDIT]

Whoop - Manley'd

Edited by bigorangemachine

just saw Manley's video and with the first chance i will try it out. One question though. Would it be possible to add a sketch of a Kerbal next to the rocket, especially the small ones,/and or a scale in meters for scaling purposes.

I like this.

Would be neat for perspective.

A scale would also be nice.

In all, great work.

We recently discovered that images over 4096px (height or width) generate those white lines. In the recent release (10 minutes ago) all screenshots will now render up to 4096.

Still there...

front_SpaceStationMockup_9_zpsdeee3960.png

Original was 4096px - 3999px and using 0.0.3 on "Kerbal Space Program - 0.24.2.559 (WindowsPlayer)"

Still there...

Original was 4096px - 3999px and using 0.0.3 on "Kerbal Space Program - 0.24.2.559 (WindowsPlayer)"

Wow thanks for the heads up and specifying you resized it :).

A few details would be helpful.

1) What OS (32 or 64 bit)

2) How much RAM do you have

3) How much Video RAM do you have?

Maybe its' a surface area thing rather than a biggest side thing :P

Hello, I've got a problem with some of the parts. They seem to be transparent, even after launch :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3g10dirgdab7sx5/Screenshot%202014-09-29%2010.56.08.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxeu0ndrwbncem6/Screenshot%202014-09-29%2010.56.18.png?dl=0

Or at least become transparent only for other part shadows/specific other parts.

Hello, I've got a problem with some of the parts. They seem to be transparent, even after launch :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3g10dirgdab7sx5/Screenshot%202014-09-29%2010.56.08.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxeu0ndrwbncem6/Screenshot%202014-09-29%2010.56.18.png?dl=0

Or at least become transparent only for other part shadows/specific other parts.

This isn't a parts mod. Wrong thread?

I don't know how this can be a bug with this plugin. As long as you hit revert before you launch.

This doesn't change the shaders of the craft; it just applies different shaders to a different camera. Either way its buggy and we know that not reverting causes an issue.

Make sure you revert your craft. I'm pretty sure this is KSP not the KVV.

I had the same issue as smunisto. Getting this in the ksp.log. (note I did hit revert before launching)

[LOG 18:54:04.524] [Warning] KRSVesselShotNo replacement for KSP/Alpha/Translucent (UnityEngine.Shader) in Mark1-2Pod_4294490844 (Part)/*/flagTransform (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[LOG 18:54:04.525] [Warning] KRSVesselShotNo replacement for KSP/Alpha/Translucent (UnityEngine.Shader) in Mark1-2Pod_4294490844 (Part)/*/flagTransform (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[LOG 18:54:04.526] [Warning] KRSVesselShotNo replacement for KSP/Alpha/Translucent (UnityEngine.Shader) in Mark1-2Pod_4294490844 (Part)/*/flagTransform (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[LOG 18:54:04.527] [Warning] KRSVesselShotNo replacement for KSP/Alpha/Translucent (UnityEngine.Shader) in Mark1-2Pod_4294490844 (Part)/*/flagTransform (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[LOG 18:54:04.529] [Warning] KRSVesselShotNo replacement for KSP/Alpha/Translucent (UnityEngine.Shader) in Mark1-2Pod_4294490844 (Part)/*/flagTransform (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[LOG 18:54:04.529] [Warning] KRSVesselShotNo replacement for KSP/Alpha/Translucent (UnityEngine.Shader) in Mark1-2Pod_4294490844 (Part)/*/flagTransform (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)

Full log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bzmalgmxagebml/Logs.zip?dl=0

I'm looking into those warnings. They have been there a while.

Howeer those errors on are on load not when you switch.

Like I said before. Thats probably a KSP bug anyways; I repeat that I ask you all to be aware this plugin may damage your creations so if this shading issue is a concern keep a backup. Honestly it'll be too time consuming to look into this when there are other things to be fixed. We aren't changing the models (except to separate them).

Edited by bigorangemachine

Wow thanks for the heads up and specifying you resized it :).

A few details would be helpful.

1) What OS (32 or 64 bit)

2) How much RAM do you have

3) How much Video RAM do you have?

Maybe its' a surface area thing rather than a biggest side thing :P

1. Win7 64bit
  2. 6gb
  3. 1Gb (http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-550ti/specifications)

I like that vehicle a lot tg.

Thanks! It's BilBo Spacedock, a refueling and science station in orbit around the Mun and named in memory of Bill and Bob Kerman who were lost in an unfortunate gardening accident.

Is anyone else having problems with getting KVV to load? It doesn't show up in the KSP Toolbar in the VAB. I'll provide logs later if needed.

If you are using ModAdmin like i was - DON'T (at least not for KVV).

It seems that ModAdmin completely ignores some folders, so just delete the old one and copy manually

@bigorangemachine - is there any way to remove the shadow from the KVV ?

I focus mainly on SSTOs and SPH and shadow is annoying as hell

Otherwise, some nice shots can be made with it. Keep up the good work

Edited by Grunf911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.