Vtol ornithopter

That's exceedingly impressive and I'd love to attempt a replication. Are there any mods besides infernal robotics involved and if not how did you achieve the stability and seemingly automated reciprocation in flapping?

mechjeb, procedural wings, and b9 is the bare minimum. I also have some optional stuff on there as well, a camera (forgot which mod), map scan, kethane scanner. I don't use ASAS when in 'thopter-mode, instead I use pitch trim to keep it level, and just keep adjusting course. I also wrote a little program that presses the hotkeys for flapping with the autohotkey utility, which can be downloaded for free online.

mechjeb, procedural wings, and b9 is the bare minimum. I also have some optional stuff on there as well, a camera (forgot which mod), map scan, kethane scanner. I don't use ASAS when in 'thopter-mode, instead I use pitch trim to keep it level, and just keep adjusting course. I also wrote a little program that presses the hotkeys for flapping with the autohotkey utility, which can be downloaded for free online.
Is that running with or without Farrem?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.