[1.1.2]Aerojet Kerbodyne 3.0 (4/29/16 Better FX, still good for 1.1.2)

blackheart612

This is the S3 Heatshield decoupler and the aerocap

8ac924ef090c3cfe39d586fd5b37d784.png

Maybe you could modify the decoupler so that it's flush with the aerocap?

Also, since in the SDHI pack, both the decoupler and the SM were one part, you could merge the same here into one part and make the decoupler ring a separate part to use with custom SM's.

Edit: Another problem. Since the craft's CoM is like this:

ada84969347d0ebe6bef20b7da9f4184.png

it could become a problem for RCS placement.

Edited by AppleDavidJeans
adjflkjad;ksfa

Same issue as above, its actually what I pulled this thread up to report but Apple beat me to it. Confirmed that it occurs while using the S3 Heatshield as opposed to the new "stock" heatshield supplied with the Taurus, which has a lower profile.

The aerocap is the one that I might need to adjust, maybe. (I didn't think that was a major problem though, so it remained like that hehe)

Welp, good luck to me with that, the decoupler meets flush through the pod and other 3.75m parts so you can use the decoupler with any other parts, not limiting to the service module itself.

True, the Service Tank should be adjusted to pull the weight down even more, I'll do something about it.

SDHI has a decoupler and a whole service module... it's almost the same with this, just that the second part is not a whole service module + decoupler.

OH CRAP I FORGOT I THINK YOU CAN DECOUPLE THAT TANK LOL

The S3 Heatshield is especially designed for the Service Module, it is proportion to the Orion heatshield like all parts are (proportion compared to Taurus as Orion).

Though I think I can do something about that R&S Issue heatshield, we'll see.

Perhaps a ModuleManager config that changes the bottom node of the "stock" Taurus heatshield downwards a bit so that it lines up appropriately with your decoupler, allowing equal usage of either part. I am unsure if such a thing is possible with my limited modding knowledge, and I would suggest adding it in as an "Optional" item to alleviate possible broken crafts/saves?

Well, it is possible to just make another config for my own decoupler... wait, but the reason why my service tank is not attached with the decoupler is because if you have another decoupler and heatshield, you can use it there. So if you can fit another decoupler below the R&S issued heatshield, it would actually be fine, I think.

I don't think so, I'm not even playing with my own mod at the moment because of the fact that I'm not sure about it. (Also I haven't checked yet if Smokescreen and Firespitter is updated for 0.24 already) I think firespitter is already though.

I don't think so, I'm not even playing with my own mod at the moment because of the fact that I'm not sure about it. (Also I haven't checked yet if Smokescreen and Firespitter is updated for 0.24 already) I think firespitter is already though.

Smokescreen is updated for 0.24.

Ah, I see, this is gonna be a busy time for me, then. Should update as soon as possible

Firespitter just got another 0.24 update as well. I gather from various threads its initial 0.24 release was causing problems with MJ at least with x64, but hopefully this fixes that.

Well, I haven't run the x64 version yet (waiting for more community feedback before I try it), but the parts work flawlessly in 0.24 with the latest Firespitter and SmokeScreen plugins. And I've been making bank lately in game (stupid Kerbals keep getting stuck in orbit :P ), so cost isn't an issue.

I'm playing as well that's why I don't update that much. In my case, 64b has effects outside and inside. Everything works fine as for the game, just some crashes and errors. Though I believe it is the cause why I can't easily change tabs on chrome whenever it is on ._.

I tried this mod yesterday, both the taurus and sdhi extension parts works.

Thank you for your work.

Cool man, thanks for checking it out :D

Meanwhile I was messing with the scaling and SDHI while playing on my own save... turns out to be good haha

e1wR5J5.png

Yep, or do you prefer it to have no scratches? :P

Lol no it looks nice up close, but at a distance can look almost low res. I am no modder so I have no right to complain, but if I may ask have you considered adding some more to the shroud itself? Maybe a functioning hatch like SDHI? Great to use with FASA. Being able to walk my kerbals across the gantry, seal the hatch, fuel the rocket and launch really does wonders for immersion.

Lol no it looks nice up close, but at a distance can look almost low res. I am no modder so I have no right to complain, but if I may ask have you considered adding some more to the shroud itself? Maybe a functioning hatch like SDHI? Great to use with FASA. Being able to walk my kerbals across the gantry, seal the hatch, fuel the rocket and launch really does wonders for immersion.

Maybe? I'm interested in that idea. Im focusing on Kerbodyne a bit since I tend to go with the tide of my mood in modding instead of focusing from a mod to another so I may never be super sure when I can make a release or something.

Here is something I have been working lately... A remodel that will break saves. The release that will be packed with this will be a resized Taurus SM for pairing with SDHI. I will (again) remodel the Service Module as well.

UVf69vF.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.