Kerbal Electronics Thread!

Rofl47

Ra0Qkq7.jpgWelcome to the Kerbal Electronics Mod Development and Support thread!

This mod is my first mod, But it doesnt require any plugins!

If you want to download this, Heres the link: https://www./?gfxw2w0w2m1icaa

Whats new:

Version 1.0:

Added More efficient RTG's, Added a Oxidizer tank, And added A In development part, The Reverse fuel duct. Also, It comes with a flag and craft that requires mechjeb.

Version 1.1:

Updated the filesystem

Version 1.2:

Added New Craft

Version 1.3:

Removed Indev Fuel lines

Added Nega Energy

Added Nega Turbine

This mod will be updated more, just you wait! :)

Side notes: Post in this thread for questions or comments, If you can't get a hold of me, Private message me, and I will contact you as soon as I can. Enjoy!

This is the craft with the fuel ducts, Oxidizer tank and RTG mark 2

http://imgur.com/Ra0Qkq7

This mod Isnt that big, until I learn how to code and make this bigger. Be patient, As This may take a while!

Edited by Rofl47
Updtating

Sorry about that, I will update the thread, Will show screenshots soon, Will add information even though the Information is on spaceport, Internet bug.

- - - Updated - - -

I will work on that, I apologize.

Hmm, well, it could be interesting... Couple of things - maybe this'd be better in the Add-On Development section? And why not chuck in a link to this thread in the Spaceport info box so people can find out more? Also, it's probably not a good idea to link directly to MJ #209 (honestly speaking, I wouldn't even link to Jenkins, but rather the forum thread) as it'll quickly be surpassed by newer versions (and indeed, already has been. I think we're up to #218?). If MechJeb is absolutely necessary to the craft (why? Honestly curious), then maybe talk to sarbian if it'd be ok to bundle it or something. But why is MJ needed in the first place? EDIT: Looks like it's just the AR202 box on the top. If you remove that, save the craft, then use that, everyone will be able to use it as it's just stock parts and this mod.

So I downloaded this to check it out and immediately noticed the folder structure looks like (I think) what the old system used. Standard practice would be to have two folders in the zip - one Gamedata and one Ships. In the GameData, have a folder called Kerbal Electronics or Rofl47 or whatever, something that makes the folder yours. Then in that, I'd have the Parts and Flags folder you have. In the Ships folder, I'd put another one called VAB and then in that, your craft (might want to think about renaming too :wink:). The way you have it set up makes it difficult if people want to look at/find/uninstall your parts after they've installed it. When people install this mod, it'll just be a simple case of merging the two GameData folders (the one in the KSP install and the one from the mod) so you'll want to be able to let people do that.

Talking of the parts, I noticed they're basically stock parts with different parameters. Not sure what the stance is on redistributing Squads textures is, might be useful to know. Anyway, the RTG could be considered by some to be little excessive (1000 output rate and it weighs the same as the stock RTG which outputs 0.75?), the oxidiser tank is good idea (which is why KSPX includes one) but again, it uses the stock large radial tank texture. And the fuel line.. is just a fuel line. Not sure where you're going with that one but the idea of a reversed fuel line sounds intriguing.

Please don't think I'm hating or whatever, I think it's great you had the initiative to make this pack and had the guts to upload it and everything, it's certainly not something I could do, so congratulations on your first mod and here's to a great future for Kerbal Electronics!

EDIT: Oh, and *Incorporated :wink:

EDITE THE SECONDE: To put an image into your post, put the link between [IMG] and tags. A nice picture is big, in daylight and where you can clearly see the relevant parts. Sometimes, a VAB shot is used thanks to the nice lighting.

EDIT number 3: Also, I believe a license is needed for every mod uploaded here. Even if you don't need one, it's nice to know what we can do with your parts ourselves. From the rules:

All addons released on the KSP network require a license, the license is to make it clear what other people are allowed to do with your mod.

And as such a proper juridically valid license works just as well as just writing "No distribution" or something along those lines , as long as it leaves no room for personal interpretation.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

I will take everything into consideration, But I am going to learn some tutorials how to mod and other things. The RTG Is a little exessive because It is a tech tree less part. I want the Sandbox mode to have less troubles with electricity, As I had mine.

The fuel duct, Is indev, As I still need to look where I can reverse it to make that work.

I am not a photoshop master, So yes, currently I am reconfiging Squads parts.

I put it as the new folders, but I will check it out.

BTW: If your using chrome, Click the upper arrow and choose: Show in folder. This is what I was expecting users to understand, Like mechjeb or other mods.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.