Better Atmospheres Development Thread

What parts require Texture Replacer? I haven't added this mod and I'm hesitant to do so without serious cause. I'm not sure how many more mods my KSP will handle.

Also, the aliasing in Kerbin atmospheric ascent still remains with the FADEDIST set to different values. It looks very blocky and unnatural for a few seconds until the spacecraft reaches the 35km ceiling.

What parts require Texture Replacer? I haven't added this mod and I'm hesitant to do so without serious cause. I'm not sure how many more mods my KSP will handle.

Also, the aliasing in Kerbin atmospheric ascent still remains with the FADEDIST set to different values. It looks very blocky and unnatural for a few seconds until the spacecraft reaches the 35km ceiling.

This has been fixed, other than the default atmosphere, which looks a little blocky.

TR is used for the Mun to help with the craters. Nothing else is used for now.

Version 3 has been released!

V3 -

Kerbin - Darker Blue Atmosphere around Kerbin. Shading under Volumetrics, and shadows.

Mun - Crisp Mun with a much more realistic glow.

Eve - Dark Purple clouds, with more noticeable atmosphere.(OPTIONAL CONFIG FOR LIGHTER CLOUD COLOR)

Duna - Blue horizon seen from orbit, and blueish surise and sunset. Clouds now have shadows on Duna.

Jool - White and green clouds mixed and balanced better. Atmosphere is a little more noticable(Especially from LJO)

Laythe - New cloud texture for added variety. Shading, and shadows are added too. Atmosphere is more noticeable.

Fixed saving issues

Texture Replacer is neat and worth having around even if you don't plan on swapping out the skybox or anything. For example it makes Kerbals deployed on EVA in breathable atmosphere go out with no helmet, and fun things like that.

Yaaaaaaaaay! Quick question: if we don't have Texture Replacer, what will happen to the Mun? And how much of Texture Replacer do we need? I haven't downloaded it, I don't know what's in it.

It darkens the Mun texture to help the crater appear like they do IRL. It isn't necessary, but doesn't look good without it.

Two questions Thesonicgalaxy. Is this updated to use VE7-2? And .. you say this mod provides a Mun texture to use with TextureReplacer. Im already using Endraxiel's high res Mun texture. Is there anything I should be concerned about there?

Two questions Thesonicgalaxy. Is this updated to use VE7-2? And .. you say this mod provides a Mun texture to use with TextureReplacer. Im already using Endraxiel's high res Mun texture. Is there anything I should be concerned about there?

1)Yes, it's updated for the new EVE 7-2.

2)I'd recommend using mine because it's made for this, but it's perfectly possible to edit Endraxiel's Mun texture to work with the glow.

From earlier -

Little trivia, that pic of Duna was taken with Dust storms on! :D

Yes, it will use a separate cfg. Simply rename the dust storms cloudLayers.cfg to some like "cloudLayers-Dunaduststorm".