Better Atmospheres Development Thread

Was there any specific spot you landed on? Day side, night side, Sunrise, sunset? I just tried replicating it, and I got nothing wrong.

No, infact you need eve to use this mod. Be sure you have TR too.

Oh btw guys, working on laythe as we type. How is this looking so far?

http://i.imgur.com/ULUwZsy.png I tested flying a ship through and the clouds go all the way to the ground. I'll probably wanna change that, or would you guys like clouds the whole way down? Or maybe the stop at about 2,000M, or higher.

Perhaps some high stratus clouds, and then Eve's 2 layers from EVE except the clouds are blue

What are the fadedist. at? They should be at 100.

Wow, that seemed to fix it. Should all my fadedists be at 100 in settings or in scaled settings too? My fade dists are defaulted to 8.

I wonder why mine is so out. Here is the settings for my layer 3:

RimPower 2

Rim Scale 3

DetailDist 2E-06

MinLight 0.5

Fadedist 8 (now 100)

Rimdist 0.0001

Is there any way I can get someone's saved config? This was a fresh install so I don't know why mine is all puggled.

Wow, that seemed to fix it. Should all my fadedists be at 100 in settings or in scaled settings too? My fade dists are defaulted to 8.

I wonder why mine is so out. Here is the settings for my layer 3:

RimPower 2

Rim Scale 3

DetailDist 2E-06

MinLight 0.5

Fadedist 8 (now 100)

Rimdist 0.0001

Is there any way I can get someone's saved config? This was a fresh install so I don't know why mine is all puggled.

All of the atmo layers should have a 100 fadedist in ONLY settings. I don't know why yours is botched up.

All of the atmo layers should have a 100 fadedist in ONLY settings. I don't know why yours is botched up.

Alright, I'll do some fixing. Do my settings look around standardish?

Also, here's what my mun looks like with the fade distances fixed. That about right?

L7emu6Kl.png

I love the way Laythe is turning out, and this mod makes everything look so much better! However, when Laythe is redone, landing is going to be incredibly hit and miss!

Actually, the land seems to pop out more the lower you get, so a nice LLO could help you determine a landing site. You could then calculate where the land is going to end up and land accordingly. You could also use scansat to map it out, then land.