Better Atmospheres Development Thread

I dunno but I guess something cool :P Maybe something with lights to make terminator separate really bright surface from deep shadows on night hemisphere? You know, some rapid transition between dark and light like here:

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/files/2009/10/CN0162744111M_RA_3_web.png

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/files/2009/10/WAC_NAC_web.png

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/files/2009/10/File3.jpg

So you mean something like this?

APKGlEB.png?1

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

In the meantime, I think it's time for an RSS config, don't you think? :)

EDIT: Okay, so, the RSS Bug is a problem with EVE, not me. Either that or there is a setting i don't know about to fix this.

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

Yes and soon go get some sleep ! :) I know i'm going, now.

KSP crashed again, OutofMemory. Even after my cleanup. I'm removing the Soundtrackreplacer, as obviously removing your textures didn't change anything. So your work is coming back in.

Very weird, I can clearly see memory switching from 2.7GB to 3.2GB from time to time while i'm flying, crashing (my plane ^^ ), going to SPH, flying etc. And then after less than an hour it crashes on the graaoouunnd !

I can't wait to see Rbray release his new work and then watch you go haywire and loose another dozen nights tweaking away at it ! :)

Yes and soon go get some sleep ! :) I know i'm going, now.

KSP crashed again, OutofMemory. Even after my cleanup. I'm removing the Soundtrackreplacer, as obviously removing your textures didn't change anything. So your work is coming back in.

Very weird, I can clearly see memory switching from 2.7GB to 3.2GB from time to time while i'm flying, crashing (my plane ^^ ), going to SPH, flying etc. And then after less than an hour it crashes on the graaoouunnd !

I can't wait to see Rbray release his new work and then watch you go haywire and loose another dozen nights tweaking away at it ! :)

Oh yes, STR is VERY heavy. I had to remove it too. Sleep tight, bud!

Looks like I had an outdated eve mod. Now the planetes look beautiful!

Thought about maybe having a soupy fog layer for Minmus that sits in the flats areas? Would make it all very spooky and challenging to land on.

Three brave kerbonauts get one last look at their home planet. After running out of fuel at the last minute, they survived the landing, but are doomed to die on Minmus. As the fog they were sent to study, covers up their view of Kerbin.

0SyECPa.png

In all seriousness, how does this look?

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

Here's a video of the new minmus.

Any other ideas for Minmus/ other moons?

EDIT: Looks like proot released his pack. Welp, Highly doubt anyone wants to use this pack now that his is out. Was good while it lasted :) Proots pack looks REALLY FLIPPIN COOL THOUGH.

Don't be such a negative Nancy! :P

The vid's private, btw.

Well I want you to.. but that's just me :) I like your Jool and think the Minmus clouds are a great idea, they should stay for sure.

As an aside, you wouldn't happen to know why I get a circle of clarity around my craft when it's "stormy", would you?

http://i.imgur.com/THAv6D6.png

That probably has to do with the shadow fadedist.

Set the fadedist on the shadows layer(the only with the lowest altitude) to about 20-50.

EDIT: Looks like proot released his pack. Welp, Highly doubt anyone wants to use this pack now that his is out. Was good while it lasted :) Proots pack looks REALLY FLIPPIN COOL THOUGH.

Who's proot? I like your pack, keep working.

Minmus. Looks. Gorgeous! That fog is so creepy and beautiful. Not sure how realistic it is, but who cares :P

Yes, definitely keep going with this; it's easily as good as anything Proot has done.

Also, is there any way I can minimise this effect?:

SS_04-18-2014_00-43-07.png

It's not a big deal, since it only happens in quite a small altitude band, but it'd be nice if I could reduce it somewhat, if possible.

All in all, this has become one of my must-haves :)

Minmus. Looks. Gorgeous! That fog is so creepy and beautiful. Not sure how realistic it is, but who cares :P

Yes, definitely keep going with this; it's easily as good as anything Proot has done.

Also, is there any way I can minimise this effect?:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n216/TheREALGabe/SS_04-18-2014_00-43-07.png

It's not a big deal, since it only happens in quite a small altitude band, but it'd be nice if I could reduce it somewhat, if possible.

All in all, this has become one of my must-haves :)

Thanks, and that can be changed by setting the fade dist. in the atmo layer.

Alright you guys, I'm going to start the RSS part of this mod very soon, but for one last check, any other moons or planets that could have some additions? How about some possible fog that's like the dust storms but on kerbin and grey? Any thing you guys want me to add before I get work on the real kicker?

Oh a few things, I've changed the Kerbin system a bit.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm also going to ask, is there any body willing to help me out by making a more..realistic detail image for the city lights? I've made the lights a little more orange, but need some help with this part, cause i suck at art :P I will give you complete credit for the detail image.

Also the download has been updated for RSS. BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION OF EVE THOUGH! [7-3]

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

Three brave kerbonauts get one last look at their home planet. After running out of fuel at the last minute, they survived the landing, but are doomed to die on Minmus. As the fog they were sent to study, covers up their view of Kerbin.

http://i.imgur.com/0SyECPa.png

In all seriousness, how does this look?

http://imgur.com/a/Hr9hX

Here's a video of the new minmus.

Any other ideas for Minmus/ other moons?

EDIT: Thanks for cheering me up guys!

Yes you are going to continue this pack, it doesn't deviate too much from canon and adds many layers of visual coolness to the whole game !

Also i'm sure you'll make a second pass on all your work when Rbray releases his next features !

Yes you are going to continue this pack, it doesn't deviate too much from canon and adds many layers of visual coolness to the whole game !

Also i'm sure you'll make a second pass on all your work when Rbray releases his next features !

Yep, any new toys I can play with will definitely get a BA makeover. At least in EVE.

Alright you guys, I'm going to start the RSS part of this mod very soon, but for one last check, any other moons or planets that could have some additions? How about some possible fog that's like the dust storms but on kerbin and grey? Any thing you guys want me to add before I get work on the real kicker?

Oh a few things, I've changed the Kerbin system a bit.

http://imgur.com/a/bKarB

I'm also going to ask, is there any body willing to help me out by making a more..realistic detail image for the city lights? I've made the lights a little more orange, but need some help with this part, cause i suck at art :P I will give you complete credit for the detail image.

Also the download has been updated for RSS. BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION OF EVE THOUGH! [7-3]

EVE ? you mean EvE Online ? :D

Btw what is this RSS guys ? A lot of talking about it but I am not sure if I know what it means. I know RSS in game those mini engines for rotating ships etc.

But I think here on the forum it means something different right ?

Btw really nice pack. Keep up the good work. I have to make a decision. As I was using prot's pack with his clouds and so. But yours looks really great. And now I do not know which one is nicer and more eye candy hmm