Better Atmospheres Development Thread

EVE ? you mean EvE Online ? :D

Btw what is this RSS guys ? A lot of talking about it but I am not sure if I know what it means. I know RSS in game those mini engines for rotating ships etc.

But I think here on the forum it means something different right ?

Btw really nice pack. Keep up the good work. I have to make a decision. As I was using prot's pack with his clouds and so. But yours looks really great. And now I do not know which one is nicer and more eye candy hmm

EVE - Environmental Visual Enhancements

RSS - Real Solar System (a mod that scales the Kerbol system up to realistic proportions e.g makes the planets bigger (so any clouds that fit around Kerbin would actually be inside an RSS Kerbin/Earth))

RCS - Reaction Control System (the mini thrusters)

EVE ? you mean EvE Online ? :D

Btw what is this RSS guys ? A lot of talking about it but I am not sure if I know what it means. I know RSS in game those mini engines for rotating ships etc.

But I think here on the forum it means something different right ?

Btw really nice pack. Keep up the good work. I have to make a decision. As I was using prot's pack with his clouds and so. But yours looks really great. And now I do not know which one is nicer and more eye candy hmm

Real Solar System. It's a mod that re sizes the planets to be more realistic, by nathankell.

I'm off to bed, but first..

1) The offer is still up for the realistic city light detail.

2) By tomorrow at 1:00 PM GMT-5, any suggestion for planets/moons will have to wait for V5. You can suggest until then for V4, the first full release, and will make an Addon Release page.

3) After then, I will start to use RSS for ground atmo changes.

4) last album of all the planets,

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Good night all!

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

Had to cut antialiasing to 2x and go to half res textures to get my framerate back...worth it.

One suggestion, if it isn't too late.

The ground on Eve is bright. Really bright. Hurt my eyes bright. It wasn't that bad before, so I'm guessing it has to do with the new atmosphere. Can the ground be darkened a little bit?

New Hi contrast kerbin+ other planets looking fab sonic! :) I'm back tomorrow so will start rolling an RSS config :D

EDIT: attempt*

Also what do you think of multiple cloud layer on kerbin? I know we're already on a tight memory budget, do you think it would be too much?

Edited by pingopete

Just when I think this can't get any prettier... it does!

Just a suggestion: Any chance of talking to RuBisCo about incorporating his Dunan dust storms? I can do it myself, but a version with it included would certainly make life easier for those of us who get confused by these things :P

Just when I think this can't get any prettier... it does!

Just a suggestion: Any chance of talking to RuBisCo about incorporating his Dunan dust storms? I can do it myself, but a version with it included would certainly make life easier for those of us who get confused by these things :P

+1 incorporate Rubisco's file in your config :)

Also the download has been updated for RSS. BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION OF EVE THOUGH! [7-3]

I would be happy to lend my hand on the city lights texture. I'll see if I can find some time this afternoon/evening. Assume you'll want 512x512 with alpha. PNG or TGA?

New Hi contrast kerbin+ other planets looking fab sonic! :) I'm back tomorrow so will start rolling an RSS config :D

EDIT: attempt*

Also what do you think of multiple cloud layer on kerbin? I know we're already on a tight memory budget, do you think it would be too much?

I think the main problem is getting my hands on a cloud map with certain cloud types. I'm not good at that kinda stuff. :P

Had to cut antialiasing to 2x and go to half res textures to get my framerate back...worth it.

One suggestion, if it isn't too late.

The ground on Eve is bright. Really bright. Hurt my eyes bright. It wasn't that bad before, so I'm guessing it has to do with the new atmosphere. Can the ground be darkened a little bit?

Could you post a screenshot? It doesn't seem bright in my game..

I think the main problem is getting my hands on a cloud map with certain cloud types. I'm not good at that kinda stuff. :P

Yeah I'll have a look about, may end up having to do a bit of my own editing to get something usable.

Yeah I'll have a look about, may end up having to do a bit of my own editing to get something usable.

I'll certainly credit you for whatever you do. Thanks, a bunch.

EDIT: Was testing out the new Mun, and just had to make a gif of Kerbin Phases.

output_IAopuS.gif

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

http://gifmaker.me/files/download/home/20140418/04/zI91dxEZWb7lCA3fscHvAN/output_IAopuS.gif

THIS. That is why I like your stuff so much. I am going to install HotRockets and Chatterer stuff from Proot when he fixes it (reported issues with effects ) but for everything else , I like your pack better :D

you-are-awesome....jpg

THIS. That is why I like your stuff so much. I am going to install HotRockets and Chatterer stuff from Proot when he fixes it (reported issues with effects ) but for everything else , I like your pack better :D

http://www.imgion.com/images/01/you-are-awesome....jpg

You guys are WAY more awesome than i could EVER be. Infact, if it wasn't for you guys, this pack wouldn't even be here. You guys are the best, and are some of the greatest human beings I could ever get the chance of meeting.

Unless you're kerbals, then you are the best kerbals I could ever meet. Anyway, back on topic. I think I'll start AFG changes now, so, what would you guys like to see in terms of Atmospherefromground?

- - - Updated - - -

How do you not have stars on your Munar surface? Looks awesome.

Distant object enhancement.

Are you going full release with the next version? Because this needs way more attention :D

Anyway , I have no ideas for AFG right now .

Btw I am still not sure what to think of the Minmus Sea Fog... I mean why should fog arise from frozen seas on a atmosphere less moon. Or is this only happening on the sunlit side? That would mean it is probably little ice particles breaking of due to sun heating (though that would mean minmus seas would dissappear after a while :D)

http://gifmaker.me/files/download/home/20140418/04/zI91dxEZWb7lCA3fscHvAN/output_IAopuS.gif

WOW. Really well done. I'm still trying to figure out how you are doing the terminator stuff though. When I replace the shaders this kind of lighting will be built-in, and I should be able to get shadows to be cast on things. Are there any specific items you would like to see in the shaders built-in without having to create a layer for?