[0.23.5] FusTek Station Parts Expansion KSO Retexture v1.1.7 (4/14/14)

BLUAV8R

Right. I'm tired. And hungry. Girlfriend's grinding her teeth since tea's been done for about two hours...

*SNIP*

Sweet :D Once this is all figured out i will gladly include this into the OP and make sure to give all credit necessary :D for now, a link to that post lol

Sweet :D Once this is all figured out i will gladly include this into the OP and make sure to give all credit necessary :D for now, a link to that post lol

No problem mate. I was looking for a way to differentiate between different modules (ROS and USOS) on my ISS replica-ish station anyways. Your textures are awesome and apparently I don't have anything better to do on a Wednesday night than strain my brain with KSP modding.

Plus, this config would eventually had to been made for my vanity thread ("News Network") modlist... The compilation of which had been postponed... Again...

Anyways... Am going to bed now, otherwise I risk waking up single tomorrow...

No problem mate. I was looking for a way to differentiate between different modules (ROS and USOS) on my ISS replica-ish station anyways. Your textures are awesome and apparently I don't have anything better to do on a Wednesday night than strain my brain with KSP modding.

Plus, this config would eventually had to been made for my vanity thread ("News Network") modlist... The compilation of which had been postponed... Again...

Anyways... Am going to bed now, otherwise I risk waking up single tomorrow...

Dang.. what time is it where you live? lol

I just got out of tennis (17:11 here)

As has been mentioned, I've already experimented with FStextureSwitch last night:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/30803-WIP-FusTek-inspired-station-module-variants?p=1093144&viewfull=1#post1093144

I've already removed underscores on all my parts and model filenames, and other than the "multiple objects with the same name" issue that Snjo already knows about, it's working nicely on my install.

As has been mentioned, I've already experimented with FStextureSwitch last night:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/30803-WIP-FusTek-inspired-station-module-variants?p=1093144&viewfull=1#post1093144

I've already removed underscores on all my parts and model filenames, and other than the "multiple objects with the same name" issue that Snjo already knows about, it's working nicely on my install.

Must've missed that...

If you want, I can handle the texture swaps since they aren't of critical importance to your pack while you focus on IVAs (and since I have the free time to help)...

Also, how'd you get multiple objects to use the same module for swapping? In other words- from the screenshot there appear to have been several objects retextured but the UI on the Kuest Airlock shows only one button. How in the bloody hell did you achieve that? For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to make multiple objects play nice under the same FStextureSwitch module...

@Sippyfrog,

I'm on British Time so it's 1:40AM here...

Dang, that looks fantastic slilppy (lol, thought it was sumghai at first, I'm not very observant)! Keep up the great work, can't wait to get these parts up. This was all that was holding me back recently.

These are great on the heels of the larger orbiter helldiver is workin' on.

Edited by fusty

HEY GUYS!

Now that i've done this texture and gotten great feedback on it, I feel as if I should utilize my skills even more now!

What do you mean?

Well, I want to make more stuff (for now, i'll stick with retextures lol) :D but what i'm not too sure about is what to do :P

So this is where you guys (the amazing community) come in:

What should I do next?

- Do additional FusTek retextures?

- Retexture another mod?

- Build a giant space fish? (okay, maybe not as likely)

But seriously, I wanna do more for the community and I wanna know what you guys think :D

So come on guys, let's come up with some kick*ss ideas!

30916-Lincoln-whos-awesome-meme-sgAy.jpeg

What about Novapunch parts? I've always found the models in that pack to be of high quality, but the textures always seemed a little out of place. There's quite a lot of parts in it, so if you were to retexture it, I would stick to just doing the engines.

@Sippyfrog,

Really do whatever you want man. I would really love some FusTek-matching (both original and matching your own KSO-inspired) textures on a variety of other parts like say LLL (which already kinda matches the original bleachy white) and some of the stock parts...

Okay guys, Just had a lock-in for ROTC so I've been at school for the last 30 hours or so, meaning not much work done today lol :D

I think my next project will be to retexture the NovaPunch tanks :D easy to do, simple, and they could use it. If I gain more confidence in my skills I might even try the engines!

Okay guys, Just had a lock-in for ROTC so I've been at school for the last 30 hours or so, meaning not much work done today lol :D

I think my next project will be to retexture the NovaPunch tanks :D easy to do, simple, and they could use it. If I gain more confidence in my skills I might even try the engines!

They still have ROTC in the States?

And yes, please. NP can use some fresh textures...

HEY GUYS!

Now that i've done this texture and gotten great feedback on it, I feel as if I should utilize my skills even more now!

What do you mean?

Well, I want to make more stuff (for now, i'll stick with retextures lol) :D but what i'm not too sure about is what to do :P

So this is where you guys (the amazing community) come in:

What should I do next?

- Do additional FusTek retextures?

- Retexture another mod?

- Build a giant space fish? (okay, maybe not as likely)

But seriously, I wanna do more for the community and I wanna know what you guys think :D

So come on guys, let's come up with some kick*ss ideas!

http://img.pandawhale.com/30916-Lincoln-whos-awesome-meme-sgAy.jpeg

Do you do some models too?

If yes, pls take care of station science mod.

Next time you're looking for a mod that needs some good texturing, you're more than welcome to do a retexture of my spherical/toroidal pack (link in sig). My own attempts at texturing are pretty horrible, but I included texture templates in the download.

They still have ROTC in the States?

Yep! :D Air Force FTW lol

Next time you're looking for a mod that needs some good texturing, you're more than welcome to do a retexture of my spherical/toroidal pack (link in sig). My own attempts at texturing are pretty horrible, but I included texture templates in the download.

Sure I'll take a look at it! :D

One thing I noticed is that the textures are smaller in size. So far as I've seen, they load up smaller too and make KSP less laggy when using the FusTek parts. My beef with FusTek is that when I am completing a rendezvous, there is a lot of lag when my station is being taken off the rails.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really think what you should do is retexture the default plane parts, which are god awful looking. And, also, you should work on retexturing the default tanks to look more like like the ARM tanks or like KW. Something I think this mod might be doing, but it hasn't actually updated in ages.

EDIT: This old mod could do with some retexturing, too. (Plus, it's the parts in the picture in the FusTek parts pack, so it's almost a must.)

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.