Do you have a Forgotten planet?

rocket11

I am yet to visit Eeloo. Its isolation and transit time mean I have never gotten around to sending a mission there. I for long transit missions I always get sidetracked with missions to the closer planets.

I recently developed a strategy to get to Moho nice and easy (relatively), so Moho is now on my list of conquered planets :D

I have never flown by or landed on Bop. Not sure why, I keep thinking about how I'd put together a mission expressly to land there but I've not really gotten the plan off the ground yet. Not that I don't want to go; I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

I've landed and returned from everywhere save Jool itself and the Sun (not sure if the former is still possible at all, and the latter is decidedly not, my probe searching for it's "night side" evaporated)...but I tend to forget that Dres is there. It's a boring, angry, Mun-sized space potato. I've been to it several times, but half the time, if I list all the planets outside of Kerbin's orbit, I'll go "Duna, Jool, Eeloo". The OTHER half of the time I'll go "Duna, Jool, Eeloo.. oh crap, and that little angry space potato, Derp or whatever".

It would be a lot more interesting if it were a member of an asteroid belt, or had it's own subsystems of muns, or an atmosphere or something. Or was pretty like Vall or Eve. Or weird-neat like Minmus or Pol.

Anyhow, everybody knows Dres hangs out in shady places, and is Not to be Trusted.

On the flip side of the coin, I'm always looking for a third planet below Kerbin's orbit inexplicably. *Shrug*

I tend to follow the same pattern every career game I start.

Mun, Minmus, Duna and Ike, probe to Eve, Gilly, Jool bop Vall and Pol, then Laythe, Dres, Eeloo, Moho, and if there is still time before the next update, land on Eve and Tylo. It takes awhile, but eventually Kerbals leave footprints everywhere and return home safely. Also, I leave a satellite behind in orbit of everything for the easy orbital science contracts. I've also built stations on and in orbit of Mun, Minmus, Gilly, bop, Vall, Laythe, and Duna.

I keep forgetting that Dres is there. I guess I'm still thinking by Terran standards- big gas giant comes after rocky red place.

What is the problem?

Mercury Venus Earth Mars Ceres Jupiter Saturn Uranus Neptune Pluto Eris Haumea Makemake Eris Sedna....

Those are our known planets and dwarf planets.

KSP calls Dres a dwarf planet. Its right where it should be

*edit*

Due to this thread, and also the two dwaf planet missions going on right now (ie Dawn/Ceres and New Horizons/Pluto), I did a fresh sandbox game today, and launched a mission to Dres and Eeloo...

Now I just need to go land on val instead of a flyby, and land on bop and pol... then I'll have visited each body

Edited by KerikBalm

Moho and Eeloo have not been to since 0.19. Dres, Bop, Pol never sent anything too.Been a while since I hit Ike along with Gilly, Jool, Laythe, Vall, andf Tylo. Jool's 3 inner moons are hard for me to miss at times since I want to land on Laylth to try out planes.

every other planet besides Duna are the "forgotten" planets. Though I have not physically sent a manned flight out to Duna...yet...I have at least sent several unmanned probes and landers to test my ability to do it. I have yet to reach the other planets and their moons

dont know about forgotten, but there are a few planets that i havent yet designed craft to land on. I havent yet to land on eeloo, moho, or tylo. Issue is that i have yet to manage to get a SSTO to these planets, and have enough thrust to land there. Problem is, to have the dV to pull it off, my TWR is way less then is needed.

My first goal when I got KSP was to land and return from every planet and moon at least once. I have since accomplished that goal. Though, I don't go to Moho very often. In fact, I think that it was nearly a year ago that I last did a mission to Moho. I keep planning to go to Moho, but then I don't. I should go back to Moho.

• 1 year later...
On 2/11/2015 at 8:44 AM, Caelib said:

The problem with Dres is that it is uninteresting when compared to Jool and Duna so it seems like many people just skip it altogether. Call it a case of "middle child syndrome" :)

It also seems like career mode very rarely, if ever, gives missions to go there.  I almost always get Duna first, then Eve or Jool, along with all their moons.  I hardly ever see anything for Dres though(or maybe I just usually end up starting over before they come up). 

I've also never landed on Moho, just because actually getting captured always takes way too much delta-v.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.