[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Just a suggestion for Proot:

Why not a customizable installer to let user decide what to install? For example yes/no revamped parts, yes/no enviromental pack etc...

from my own experience with creating installers, I can understand why he doesn't do this. However the last installer project I made was a few years ago, maybe some tools have gotten better since then.

from my own experience with creating installers, I can understand why he doesn't do this. However the last installer project I made was a few years ago, maybe some tools have gotten better since then.

Yeah, installers are still horrible to create and make work properly. My suggestion would be to do what Astronomer did with his Visual Pack on CKAN and split things up into Categories:

Clouds

DOE Config

PlanetShine Config

Scattering Config

Auroras

Parts

ETC...

That way, users could install only what they wanted and it should be easier to get up on CKAN (if you are interested in getting it on there Proot).

Why not a customizable installer to let user decide what to install? For example yes/no revamped parts, yes/no enviromental pack etc...

I have not so much time, sorry.

Hey Proot,

Seeing as how KittopiaTech seems to be dead these days and e.g. Outer Planets Mod has switched to using Kopernicus, are you planning to switch to Kopernicus for Jool's rings?

Next version comes with Kopernicus (not only for the rings).

And now a little update:

The work with WIP-EVE is almost done for the moment. I'm doing my first rides tunning scatterer.

YntXhdI.gif

Hmm... I was trying to get my own textures to show up while using renaissance but your textures kept appearing instead. I also couldn't find your textures in texturerelacer so I couldn't remove them that way :/.

i like the real solar system atmo http://i.imgur.com/a9YPV1n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

i like real solar system atmo ;.;i really like it i dont want Scatterer mod ;.;

http://i.imgur.com/a9YPV1n.jpg

That is exactly the same configuration, but without the atmospheric scattering. And it's wip-EVE, not RSS. The only reason why you don't like the scattering is because the clouds are not fully visible (yet).

But believe me, scatterer is a glorious mod.

QfAuc0D.jpg

Edited by Proot

But believe me, scattering is a glorious mod.

Yeah, I have a feeling it's going to become one of the major mods that a lot of people use, if it eventually supports the other planets with atmospheres and gets more features, it'll probably be one I don't want to play without.

Yeah, I have a feeling it's going to become one of the major mods that a lot of people use, if it eventually supports the other planets with atmospheres and gets more features, it'll probably be one I don't want to play without.

Visible clouds and multiple planets are the next features announced by Blackrack. So I guess Scattered will be, very soon, as important as TR or EVE. Huge step on in KSP graphics.

So I have been through a heap of pages on here but can't see anything about my question.

Is this compatible with 1.02 KSP?

The thread title have the response for that: "[0.90] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.2] (18-04-15)" :wink:

So no, is not (fully) compatible with 1.02 (for the momment).

Anyways, you can get it partially working by updating (yourself) the core mods. But you will miss some features (as example, new RSS mod is not ready yet) and you can't, of course, use the assets from previous versions on 1.02

So I have been through a heap of pages on here but can't see anything about my question.

Is this compatible with 1.02 KSP?

It all works. I have updated texture replacer and planetshine on top of proots versions.

Cannot wait to see what your going to do with the next one proot. I cant play without ksprc.

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note. Will you be adding procedural aurora's?

I just saw the Imgur Screenshots of Scatterer.... My heart skipped a few beats-enough beats for me to die but get re-animated by my love for that mod. how I never heard of it before amazes me. So when this is paired up with KSPRC, will we have a game that looks better than real life? :huh:

I have not so much time, sorry.

In fact, it is easy do .bat files. I created many for different cases, where some mods were moved to a desktop folder. Like this I could switch fast between Stock-DMP, Stock-Graphics and Stock-Graphics-Parts. It is not even hard to write such "small programs without nice GUI". The only Problem would be that it is non-standardized where the user have their KSP folder ;-)

In fact, it is easy do .bat files. I created many for different cases, where some mods were moved to a desktop folder. Like this I could switch fast between Stock-DMP, Stock-Graphics and Stock-Graphics-Parts. It is not even hard to write such "small programs without nice GUI". The only Problem would be that it is non-standardized where the user have their KSP folder ;-)

DOn't you dare ask proot to postpone this any longer! Shoo!! Away with you!

An installer is not just 1 installer. Must be 3 to be fair: Win, Linux, OSX.

The actual install method is just "grab a folder and drag it into another one". 3 seconds approx. And works in any OS. lol

You gonna spend more time and effort pushing "Accept, Accept, Accept..." in an installer.

I'm more interested in seek a way to update the core plugins via CKAN. But I don't know yet if this is possible.

Edited by Proot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.