[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Oh man that is epic.

I just loaded up a non visual enhanced game and my eyes started bleeding. I now hate you.

I've got the same problem. Just loaded the game with the basic planet textures and I couldn't stand it. Going to have to wait to play the game till this is available in 1.0.2 since you're mod rocks the best.

This sucks till then though! Any idea when it might be updated?

I believe this is where the problem lies then. The main TextureReplacer is only updated for 1.0. It mostly works in 1.0.2, but is not compatible with other mods installed at the same time. Until the main mod is updated then this one (which is dependent) will not work either.

I installed using the procedure in this post:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76972-0-90-KSPRC-Renaissance-Compilation-artworks-remake-V-0-2-%2818-04-15%29?p=1907474&viewfull=1#post1907474

using the most updated version of the dependencies, and it runs beautifully for me under 1.0.2. Most importantly, don't replace the sharedassets file in KSPData. You don't get the lens flare on Kerbol, but everything else looks great. (To be fair, I also remove the part textures under TextureReplacer, because I use a lot of stock-alike parts packs, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it as well.)

Playing around with the install some. I did manage to delete the "extras" folder from the main TextureReplacer mod, which go that working again. After installing yours though I also noticed it says RealSolarSystem is not compatible at the loading screen, so I deleted that folder and restarted the game. Unfortunately it is still locking up on me. Also, at each screen load I kept getting a purple box in the lower right hand corner of my screen (instead of the "loading..." animation). This could be a part of the problem.

Till then you really might want to recompile the mod for 1.0.2. It certainly is broken for the moment. Also, why are you intentionally including a broken version of sharedassets? Wouldn't it make more sense to just not include it- especially if you know it isn't working and isn't needed?

Don't delete RSS. Even though it throws the error on startup it works just fine. I think you're getting that purple box because you replaced the sharedassets file, restore the one that came with 1.0.2. The sharedassets file is specific to each version of KSP, the one that ships with this mod is for 0.90, so putting it in 1.0.2 will obviously break it.

Edited by TheSaint

Don't delete RSS. Even though it throws the error on startup it works just fine. I think you're getting that purple box because you replaced the sharedassets file, restore the one that came with 1.0.2. The sharedassets file is specific to each version of KSP, the one that ships with this mod is for 0.90, so putting it in 1.0.2 will obviously break it.

When you say it "works just fine", do you mean that the atmosphere from ground settings work in 1.0.2, ie the sky looks blue at the horizon, not white? Because it didn't work for me. If your horizon is white, then RSS isn't working.

Also, if you really want the sunflare, you can use Unity Assets Explorer to extract the "sunflare.tex" texture from Proot's sharedassets9.assets file and insert it into the game's one. Only takes a couple of minutes and looks great.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

Well I tried re-installing it without replacing just the sharedassets file. I got the "loading" animation back for the first screen, but clicking on the observatory still locks up the game. I also just went back again and this time didn't copy in the ksp_data folder. Same problem.

I seriously have to question why we shouldn't be installing specific parts that are included as part of your mod though. Wouldn't that mean anyone who tries to install it will get these problems, and wouldn't it make so much more sense to just not include it with your upload? Why release a version you purposely know will not work (except for this part, or that part which somehow everyone should already know)??? At the very lest maybe you might want to add a "don't install these" line to the install instructions.

Having to keep restoring my previous ksp folder (which has my other mods) is getting a little tedious here. Since I've got texturereplacer working I think I'll just use endraxials planet textures. Let me know when you've guys got this mod working again though. I really would like to go back to using it again eventually.

When Proot released this pack, it worked perfectly and all the mods were up to date. The [0.90] in the thread title tells you that this mod was made for version 0.90 of KSP. You shouldn't expect it to work perfectly with no problems in version 1.0.2 - there have been a lot of changes.

It hasn't been updated yet for a variety of reasons, not least because Proot is waiting for the next version of Environmental Visual Enhancements to be ready. The previews he's posted look fantastic, and while we're all eager for the next version, most of us understand that it's going to take a while to be ready.

It is possible to have everything in this mod working perfectly - including the sunflare - apart from the atmosphere at the horizon. However, you'll have to take the time to install updated versions of the constituent mods yourself to get it working. Quite a few people have done it, including me. It's worth the effort, it looks great.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

Well I tried re-installing it without replacing just the sharedassets file. I got the "loading" animation back for the first screen, but clicking on the observatory still locks up the game. I also just went back again and this time didn't copy in the ksp_data folder. Same problem.

I seriously have to question why we shouldn't be installing specific parts that are included as part of your mod though. Wouldn't that mean anyone who tries to install it will get these problems, and wouldn't it make so much more sense to just not include it with your upload? Why release a version you purposely know will not work (except for this part, or that part which somehow everyone should already know)??? At the very lest maybe you might want to add a "don't install these" line to the install instructions.

Having to keep restoring my previous ksp folder (which has my other mods) is getting a little tedious here. Since I've got texturereplacer working I think I'll just use endraxials planet textures. Let me know when you've guys got this mod working again though. I really would like to go back to using it again eventually.

It's a .90 mod my friend.

And KSP 1.0 was released on the 27th. It does work on 1.0 but you need to remove certain parts, at least I did.

Many people says this in the thread but can anyone explain in detail which parts are those?

Many people says this in the thread but can anyone explain in detail which parts are those?

I hope you know how to install mods manually, as it takes a bit of tinkering to get the "best" results.

- When unzipping KSPRC leave out KSP_Data folder, and in GameData folder leave out RealSolarSystem, KittopiaSpace and DDSLoader.

- After that, download newest versions of: TextureReplacer, PlanetShine, EnviromentalVisualEnhancements and DistantObject.

- Copy and replace everything into GameData folder from the new versions of mods, EXCEPT the cfg's and texture files and you should be good :)

That's about as thorough I can get without making a fool of my self. At least that's somewhat the same steps I took, hope it works!

Better than Vanilla KSP at least :P

I hope you know how to install mods manually, as it takes a bit of tinkering to get the "best" results.

- When unzipping KSPRC leave out KSP_Data folder, and in GameData folder leave out RealSolarSystem, KittopiaSpace and DDSLoader.

- After that, download newest versions of: TextureReplacer, PlanetShine, EnviromentalVisualEnhancements and DistantObject.

- Copy and replace everything into GameData folder from the new versions of mods, EXCEPT the cfg's and texture files and you should be good :)

That's about as thorough I can get without making a fool of my self. At least that's somewhat the same steps I took, hope it works!

Better than Vanilla KSP at least :P

Yeah just follow this basically...this is a great chance for someone to actually INVESTIGATE which files are interacting with eachother...it's how I learned to troubleshoot KSP installs and learn a bit of the coding involved.

Hi Proot! Will you also add Engine Lighting to this compilation?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121987-1-0-2-Engine-Lighting-%281-0%29

Personally I'm not actually a fan of Engine lighting :P. I tested it out and when I used the large SRBs in my first stage the lighting completely washed out the rest of my ship. I'd use it, but only if the range was far less. I wouldn't install it.

Hi! Maybe this is not the best place, but how did you achieve the effect on Nicos' picture?

http://i.imgur.com/fSi1PMl.jpg

It's a Photoshop process, I've tried to simulate an engraving technique. That was my first try. Now I have better a better finish.

So, basically, I drew the "base" illustration and applied several patterned layers to the drawing, to decompose the image with the patterns in several levels of darkness. At the end I regroup all levels in a new image.

Is not too bad... But I'm still trying to get a finish much more "natural".

Hi Proot! Will you also add Engine Lighting to this compilation?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121987-1-0-2-Engine-Lighting-%281-0%29

Seems quite interesting. Thanks! I'll see how evolves.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.