[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Just now, Joco223 said:

@Motokid600 I don't know then. I don't get a NRE spam. I think there is a thread somewhere on forums on how to remove asteroids

I'll have to look more into it, but I'm assuming it's Kopernicus hemorrhaging looking for something that isn't there. I also tried removing anything asteroid related within Kopernicus, but that only made things worse. 

The only reason I want them gone is because last night I had a crash in the tracking station that was caused by these things spawning. I've got zero interest in asteroids. Zero. So I'd like for them to be gone all together. Maybe Proot can shed some light.

17 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Is there a way to downright disable asteroid spawning?

You may have found it...or tried it...but look in the System.cfg file in the Kopernicus config folder for this...

Asteroid
	{
		name = Stock
		Locations
		{
			Flyby
			{
				Body
				{
					body = Kerbin
					minDuration = 10
					maxDuration = 30
					probability = 3
					reached = false
				}
			}
			Around
			{
				Body
				{
					body = Jool
					minAltitude = 15122863
					maxAltitude = 25758477
					probability = 80
					reached = false
				}
				Body 
				{
					body = Dres
					minAltitude = 1813396
					maxAltitude = 2060677
					probability = 40
					reached = false
				}
			}
		}
		interval = 25
		minUntrackedLifetime = 1
		maxUntrackedLifetime = 2
		probability = 33
		Size
		{
			key = 0   0
			key = 0.3 0.45
			key = 0.7 0.55
			key = 1   1
		}
	}

I haven't tested anything but you could perhaps just comment it out and see what happens or just make probability 0.

11 minutes ago, Manwith Noname said:

You may have found it...or tried it...but look in the System.cfg file in the Kopernicus config folder for this...

I haven't tested anything but you could perhaps just comment it out and see what happens or just make probability 0.

I down right deleted it... Maybe that was the issue. Thank you ill play around with it.

The bit nearer the bottom I believe is the overall spawning control. Would need to check how the interval value works but I imagine this to be the time between when the overall probability check for a roid to spawn is made. Making the overall probability 0 will presumably stop them from spawning but not stop Kopernicus from making regular checks to decide if it should.

Edit:

This might be worth reading...

https://github.com/Kopernicus/KopernicusExamples/blob/master/KopernicusExamples/Asteroid%20Example.cfg

...particularly the min / max spawn entries.

Edited by Manwith Noname

Hey, Proot, I gave a quick question regarding the particles around the KSC. How would one go about removing them? I'm theorizing that these particles are to blame for a lot of the lag around the KSC, and I'd like to delete them to test out my theory. Thanks for your time, and keep up the impressive work!

On 2/19/2016 at 1:23 PM, fallout2077 said:

Hey, Proot, I gave a quick question regarding the particles around the KSC. How would one go about removing them? I'm theorizing that these particles are to blame for a lot of the lag around the KSC, and I'd like to delete them to test out my theory. Thanks for your time, and keep up the impressive work!

You can use the EVE GUI Alt + 0 and go to the cloud layers tab and click on the "Particles" layer and click the minus sign in the GUI and hit apply. However, I thought that might be an FPS tanker as well but from what I've tested disabling this layer it doesn't help your FPS

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

You can use the EVE GUI Alt + 0 and go to the cloud layers tab and click on the "Particles" layer and click the minus sign in the GUI and hit apply. However, I thought that might be an FPS tanker as well but from what I've tested disabling this layer it doesn't help your FPS

Oh... hmm... I'll take your word for it, then! From what I've seen around the KSC (I haven't been very far from Kerbin orbit for the past year), there are higher-resolution surface textures. Perhaps those are performance-hogs? If they are, then I say that we take the performance hit associated with them, as the new ground textures are just breathtaking to behold.

On 2/18/2016 at 7:48 PM, Manwith Noname said:

Asteroid
	{
		name = Stock
		Locations
		{
			Flyby
			{
				Body
				{
					body = Kerbin
					minDuration = 10
					maxDuration = 30
					probability = 3
					reached = false
				}
			}
			Around
			{
				Body
				{
					body = Jool
					minAltitude = 15122863
					maxAltitude = 25758477
					probability = 80
					reached = false
				}
				Body 
				{
					body = Dres
					minAltitude = 1813396
					maxAltitude = 2060677
					probability = 40
					reached = false
				}
			}
		}
		interval = 25
		minUntrackedLifetime = 1
		maxUntrackedLifetime = 2
		probability = 33
		Size
		{
			key = 0   0
			key = 0.3 0.45
			key = 0.7 0.55
			key = 1   1
		}
	}

I've set that to 0 for all probabilities and no more asteroids.  I'm certain that these were slowing down the game as there were probably 50 asteroids in the tracking station.  ps. Setting the tracking station to not show them doesn't make them go away, just stops you from seeing them; KSP still tracks their orbit.

On 2/19/2016 at 1:53 PM, Joco223 said:

Is there any texture packs for planets and moons? I would really like some to add to my game. Can i separate and only use textures from KSPRC?

I'm using the KSPRC textures along with the SVE clouds/citylights and Scatterer.  Works awesome. Just pick out the bits you need from each. 

31 minutes ago, Death Engineering said:

I'm certain that these were slowing down the game as there were probably 50 asteroids in the tracking station.

I did a test when asteroids were first introduced to the game. I sat in the tracking station clicking on every question mark that appeared and tracking it so that it would exist permanently and not disappear. The game was pretty much fine until I was tracking about 700 asteroids and then I got massive slowdowns everywhere. This was on a laptop with an i5 460m and a GT420m.

So, I would say, the asteroids themselves don't slow the game down much until there are lots of them. Though if you have lots of active vessels and debris flying around your solar system, they'll probably have the same effect.

Then again, this might be an interesting test to do in the current game because that was some time and versions ago.

P.S. I advise against doing this in any main save game as I then had to sift through my persistent.sfs file deleting all the entries to bring it back to anything resembling a playable level.

2 hours ago, fallout2077 said:

Oh... hmm... I'll take your word for it, then! From what I've seen around the KSC (I haven't been very far from Kerbin orbit for the past year), there are higher-resolution surface textures. Perhaps those are performance-hogs? If they are, then I say that we take the performance hit associated with them, as the new ground textures are just breathtaking to behold.

Yeah, if I'm remembering right Proot is using the custom terrain stuff through EVE to apply surface textures which could be impacting performance but I'm not sure, I haven't tested the feature much myself.

16 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

...custom terrain stuff through EVE to apply surface textures...

I'm fairly certain that the planet and moon textures are being handled through Kopernicus. In terms of performance, anyone with a recent GPU shouldn't really suffer performance issues from them. Generally, textures are among the easiest thing for a GPU to process while things like anti aliasing are far more demanding. I would be very surprised if the textures alone cause a problem. The highest resolution I've seen for them is 4k x 2k, and that's for a whole planet.

Like I said earlier in this thread though, the performance issue isn't related to the GPU.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, for the people that just want terrain textures...I haven't tested this...I'm just going off looking at the directory and some configs...

From the KSPRC zip, place the following folders in your installs GameData folder:

1. Kopernicus,
  2. KopernicusExpansion,
  3. KSPRC,
  4. TextureReplacer

Now, go into the KSPRC folder and delete the following:

1. Assets and Plugins folders along with KSPRC_LensFlare.cfg if you don't want the new lens flare.
  2. Atmospheres folder (we didn't install E.V.E, so this is pointless)
  3. Citylights folder (again, we didn't install E.V.E, so this is pointless)
  4. Flags folder if you don't want Proot's lovely flags for your missions.
  5. textures.cfg (again, we didn't install E.V.E, so this is pointless...and empty)
  6. windowedIVA.cfg (I have no idea what this relates to but my guess is it's another redundant E.V.E config)

Now go into the TextureReplacer folder and delete MM_ReflectionPluginWrapper.cfg if you don't want any reflections on parts. From here, there's a lot more fiddling you can do to drill down and remove part and Kerbal textures along with visor edits but...not for now, as I'm guessing most of the people wanting this simply can't handle the effects from Scatterer and E.V.E combined and are simply looking for some performance gain while having nicer looking celestial bodies.

Also, there is the config edit mentioned earlier in the thread which stops Kopernicus from spawning solar particles...open the KSPRC.cfg in the KSPRC folder, it's right at the beginning of the file. Simply comment out the sun section...

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
//	@Body[Sun]
//	{
//		Particles
//		{
//			Particle
//			{
//				target = Sun
//				texture = KSPRC/Kopernicus/Glow
//				minEmission = 10
//				maxEmission = 500
//				lifespanMin = 30
//				lifespanMax = 60
//				sizeMin = 9
//				sizeMax = 4999
//				speedScale = 0.0005
//				rate = 0.015
//				randVelocity = 0.3, 0.6, 0.1
//				Colors
//				{
//					color1 = 1.000, 0.950, 0.747, 0.750
//					color2 = 1.000, 0.994, 0.707, 0.750
//					color3 = 1.000, 0.960, 0.724, 0.750
//					color4 = 1.000, 1.000, 0.803, 0.750
//					color5 = 1.000, 0.970, 0.800, 0.750
//				}
//			}
//		}	
//	}
	@Body[Moho]

As I said, I haven't tested it, just looked at the folders and configs to work out what's where. I may have missed some things or even removed something required for it to work....but you can always try it and if it breaks, delete everything and start again. Hopefully, this helps someone...and is right.

On 02/03/2016 at 8:04 PM, Manwith Noname said:

Alright, for the people that just want terrain textures...I haven't tested this...I'm just going off looking at the directory and some configs...

From the KSPRC zip, place the following folders in your installs GameData folder:

1. Kopernicus,
  2. KopernicusExpansion,
  3. KSPRC,
  4. TextureReplacer

Now, go into the KSPRC folder and delete the following:

1. Assets and Plugins folders along with KSPRC_LensFlare.cfg if you don't want the new lens flare.
  2. Atmospheres folder (we didn't install E.V.E, so this is pointless)
  3. Citylights folder (again, we didn't install E.V.E, so this is pointless)
  4. Flags folder if you don't want Proot's lovely flags for your missions.
  5. textures.cfg (again, we didn't install E.V.E, so this is pointless...and empty)
  6. windowedIVA.cfg (I have no idea what this relates to but my guess is it's another redundant E.V.E config)

Now go into the TextureReplacer folder and delete MM_ReflectionPluginWrapper.cfg if you don't want any reflections on parts. From here, there's a lot more fiddling you can do to drill down and remove part and Kerbal textures along with visor edits but...not for now, as I'm guessing most of the people wanting this simply can't handle the effects from Scatterer and E.V.E combined and are simply looking for some performance gain while having nicer looking celestial bodies.

Also, there is the config edit mentioned earlier in the thread which stops Kopernicus from spawning solar particles...open the KSPRC.cfg in the KSPRC folder, it's right at the beginning of the file. Simply comment out the sun section...

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
//	@Body[Sun]
//	{
//		Particles
//		{
//			Particle
//			{
//				target = Sun
//				texture = KSPRC/Kopernicus/Glow
//				minEmission = 10
//				maxEmission = 500
//				lifespanMin = 30
//				lifespanMax = 60
//				sizeMin = 9
//				sizeMax = 4999
//				speedScale = 0.0005
//				rate = 0.015
//				randVelocity = 0.3, 0.6, 0.1
//				Colors
//				{
//					color1 = 1.000, 0.950, 0.747, 0.750
//					color2 = 1.000, 0.994, 0.707, 0.750
//					color3 = 1.000, 0.960, 0.724, 0.750
//					color4 = 1.000, 1.000, 0.803, 0.750
//					color5 = 1.000, 0.970, 0.800, 0.750
//				}
//			}
//		}	
//	}
	@Body[Moho]

As I said, I haven't tested it, just looked at the folders and configs to work out what's where. I may have missed some things or even removed something required for it to work....but you can always try it and if it breaks, delete everything and start again. Hopefully, this helps someone...and is right.

This worked thanks!

Not to sound like a dick on any level lol but Im sticking with V.0 lol reading all the obstacles on this forum just to get V.5 to work is too much for me. Anyway can I  get V.0 to work with Other Worlds Cecani system? Ive updated RSS plants shine scatter and texture replacer but my game keeps crashing I think it may have to do with the Cecani Mod thanks

On 05/03/2016 at 7:27 PM, TaintedLion said:

This worked thanks!

Nice!

16 hours ago, Foxx01 said:

Not to sound like a dick on any level lol but Im sticking with V.0 lol reading all the obstacles on this forum just to get V.5 to work is too much for me. Anyway can I  get V.0 to work with Other Worlds Cecani system? Ive updated RSS plants shine scatter and texture replacer but my game keeps crashing I think it may have to do with the Cecani Mod thanks

Eh? V0.5 works as is, you just might find your computer melts under the strain :D

• 2 weeks later...

Having a weird issue maybe someone can help me with.  Got this all installed fine but if I look at Moho the texture appears like this

Example

This is the only planet that seems to have this issue, anyone have any clues?  Thanks.

Edit:  Fixed it!  I don't know how, had to reinstall it twice but now its working.

Edited by HazyHills

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.