[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

@gamerscircle To be honest I'm not 100% is this going to work and can't test it myself right now cause i've already updated ksp to 1.1 and dont have 1.0.5 installed atm... Also eagerly waiting KSPRC update to 1.1 :) But anyways my best bet is it goes like this:

Transfer only KSPRC folder from this pack to your GameData folder and then delete everything else than KSPRC_LensFlare.cfg file and Assets folder in that KSPRC folder. I assume that the actual LensFlare file is in that Assets folder and KSPRC_LensFlare.cfg is config for it. Hope you get it work even though i explained this the most confusing way for sure :)

Edit: Also found out that there is plugin called "SunFlareLoader.dll" in Plugins folder in KSPRC folder so you might need that one too

Edited by Murdox

1 hour ago, mmccord2 said:

If I keep hitting refresh, KSPRC for 1.1 will release sooner, right? Right? :-D

Seriously, though. The artistic direction of this mod is fantastic. Love it.

My heart skips a little each time a new post is available in this thread:lol:

19 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

i have a question:  It is possible to only get the LensFlare for my career?  If so, what parts do I need?

I think you could just use the one asset avaible in the mod files, but i think too that's a better to wait for the latest release to know if 1.1 broke this or anything

1 hour ago, SkyKaptn said:

My heart skips a little each time a new post is available in this thread:lol:

Since I'm going to have to restart my campaign from scratch (since my 1.0.5 save isn't compatible), this is pretty much the last thing I'm waiting on. 

Very, very excited. I've spent about ten minutes with 1.1 so far, heheh. 

//<...sips Saturday-morning coffee...>

It's getting quite cramped in this elevator!

:confused:

#HypeElevator?

(Edit: Jeb is convening emergency meeting to discuss logic of elevator vs train for hype applications. Argument is elevators move vertically. Bill says logic: "questionable at best".)

Edited by Holyvision

So I came across this album on Reddit yesterday: https://imgur.com/a/n4eHU.Those were taken using SVE, but the source says they are using "Proot's planet textures". I assume that means the planet textures from KSPRC?

KSPRC itself isn't for me. I really just want some pretty planets and clouds, so KSPRC takes things too far for my tastes. But I REALLY love the look of the planets in these screenshots. The Eve and Jool in particular are much better than the default SVE versions.

I don't suppose anyone can point out how I might get things looking like these screenshots? I've got SVE installed via CKAN right now. I assumed I would need to download KSPRC and copy certain files over manually... But I dug through the KSPRC folder and can't figure it out.

This is really awesome.  Especially now that I have it working with 1.1, but I am wondering one thing about the graphics.  There looks to be floaty particles all around the space center that look a bit like cottonwood drifting by.  Can that be turned off?

3 hours ago, jofwu said:

So I came across this album on Reddit yesterday: https://imgur.com/a/n4eHU.Those were taken using SVE, but the source says they are using "Proot's planet textures". I assume that means the planet textures from KSPRC?

KSPRC itself isn't for me. I really just want some pretty planets and clouds, so KSPRC takes things too far for my tastes. But I REALLY love the look of the planets in these screenshots. The Eve and Jool in particular are much better than the default SVE versions.

I don't suppose anyone can point out how I might get things looking like these screenshots? I've got SVE installed via CKAN right now. I assumed I would need to download KSPRC and copy certain files over manually... But I dug through the KSPRC folder and can't figure it out.

Just download KSPRC and use the textures that are in the Texture Replacer folder and you'll get the new planet textures

1 hour ago, Probus said:

This is really awesome.  Especially now that I have it working with 1.1, but I am wondering one thing about the graphics.  There looks to be floaty particles all around the space center that look a bit like cottonwood drifting by.  Can that be turned off?

May I ask how you got it working on 1.1? I wouldn't mind getting it working this weekend myself even if it takes a little bit of fiddling, but obviously I can't fault the creators for not wanting to rush their work. ):

3 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

May I ask how you got it working on 1.1? I wouldn't mind getting it working this weekend myself even if it takes a little bit of fiddling, but obviously I can't fault the creators for not wanting to rush their work. ):

Well... It was not that easy as I had a bit of trial and error.  If one of the creators gives me the OK, I will post how its done.  I don't want them getting bombarded with questions that might slow their work on this beautiful mod.

@OhioBob has been helping me with the mod. He gave me accurate data to improve the Scatterer atmospheres. Now they are better than ever, but I need to re-tweak some configs (specially for Eve).

The collisions with terrain scatters are working again for most of the bodies! but sadly I can't find the problem with Kerbin. I'll probably leave that for the next version... I need to tweak some minor changes yet. The update will be probably ready for tomorrow.

fHg8WIZ.jpg

2 minutes ago, Probus said:

Well... It was not that easy as I had a bit of trial and error.  If one of the creators gives me the OK, I will post how its done.  I don't want them getting bombarded with questions that might slow their work on this beautiful mod.

Ah, I see--I wasn't aware it wasn't available knowledge yet. That's fine, I have plenty of other stuff to play (like everyone else). If Proot does put out the update tomorrow that's fine with me--it'd just be nice to get a heads up on it. 

Edited by Synthesis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.