[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Take your time Proot; I know there are some who will, unfortunately, make numerous posts asking when it will be finished or how long it will take. I hope I can speak for the many of us who will join me in saying, however long it takes will be worth the wait. Do not feel pressured, please, when you feel it is ready for release, then it will be. Love what you do and truly appreciate the work that you do in sharing your passion for KSP with us.

Proot's already done reflections for KSPRC so don't worry about that guys. WindowShine wouldn't work anyways because the effects are for the stock textures only, it wouldn't effect Proots (imo much better) redone textures.

I hope you don't feel pressured! I'm just goin' with the flow. :) If you do need any help though I'd be open haha.

Take your time Proot; I know there are some who will, unfortunately, make numerous posts asking when it will be finished or how long it will take. I hope I can speak for the many of us who will join me in saying, however long it takes will be worth the wait. Do not feel pressured, please, when you feel it is ready for release, then it will be. Love what you do and truly appreciate the work that you do in sharing your passion for KSP with us.

To Proot:

I am definitely one of those who are anxiously awaiting this release, however even I am getting annoyed with the constant "when's it coming out?!" posts. I've been tracking your progress with scatterer and EVE a bit as well and you're doing some awesome work for this mod.

The thing you have to remember is: for all those speaking out and flooding the thread with questions of release dates, there are far more sitting back patiently waiting. In fact.. I just registered so I could post this message, since I don't want you to think it's all whiners out there :sticktongue:

To the rest:

As he explained above, Proot is doing this for him, not for you. Don't badger him and don't make this seem like 'work'. Nobody likes to work for demanding clientele. Let him do his thing and know that it's gonna rock your socks off when it does come.

I have the reflections done since some time ago... And I've linked a preview just 4 messages before.

I don't gonna save time with this: just me have the updated textures of KSPRC to modify it.

May I be honest without being misunderstood?

I'm starting to feel pressure to release this, but I want to be clear: I'm carrying KSPRC to EVE's new version, almost from scratch, because has a completely new way for the settings. That, now, include terrains... which is much more work, but much more possibilities too.

I'm using Kopernicus now, not RSS. I'm trying to support as much as I can the new EVE and Scatterer mods, and I want to include both in the new version of KSPRC, as soon as they become enough mature.

I've done reflections for several parts, which will be optionals. That include some engines. I'm doing new textures, new (graphic and sound) effects, new features, new illustrations and so on... I'm improving all the mod, a lot.

And I'm just one. But I love the fact of being just one. I do this for my fun and my love to the game. And I just share the result because I think the people could enjoy it.

But I do it when (and because) I think is enough good (and I have a pretty high standard for it).

So, I'll not do more hype until I finish (that includes EVE and Scatterer being ready). Because I want to enjoy the ride (please, let me do it).

Please, be patient. The more I enjoy the process, the more you'll enjoy the mod. It's a promise.

Hey Proot,

this is the first time I am writing in this thread allthough I visit it every day and look what is going on and used it since 0.23.5 when I remember right. The reason for my reply is to thank you for your awesome job. Please take what ever time you need and dont get under pressure. Just ignore the impatient guys.

A picture is quickly drawn, but a masterpiece might need ages to be complete but absolutley worth the time.

What I am trying to say is: Relax, take your time and enjoy so that we can enjoy your creation whenever it is done.

Cheers

Proot,

lots of pages back there are a couple of posts from me showcasing some of the things I got to experience in game through your mod. I've been silently following along with your progress every day since though (this thread is one of two for which I have a daily mail alert). I do want to speak up now, since I feel that for every person (inadvertently) putting pressure on you by expressing their impatience, there are a lot of people who are currently just enjoying what you along with other modders have given the community already. "Given", since I know and understand that this is not a job but a hobby, from which I and others are able to derive fun and pleasure. It's a shame that I see what you express here happen to more modders in the community. It's a shame that people that are in my mind the foundation of what binds us as a community feel harrassed by what must be a minority.

I love the previews you've given us of what's to come, and feel sorry there won't be anymore until such time you deem it appropriate. However, I totally understand your reasons for doing so. I just wanted you to know that and also to thank you for the fact that until that time I will be able to play using the earlier KSPRC version, making my game so so much more enjoyable.

Good luck on your work,

J

A picture is quickly drawn, but a masterpiece might need ages to be complete but absolutely worth the time.

Quotes like this make me wish I could give double rep. :)

Just relax and take a moment and listen to one of my favorite space songs!

EDIT: two more posts until this thread has "1337" posts. F5CB59F85FB1C445802CFC85204269D9C02FADB4

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Proot, another lurker here... And just as the people above, I would like to thank you for this crazy impressive mod!

I love your work so please do whatever you want and need to do to keep having fun at modding.

tl;dr: what everyone said about taking your time!

Im lurking this thread every day too (along with Scatterer, and sometimes EVE). Im amazed by the dedication and love you, and other modders put in your work. What you are doing is art at its finest, and its meant to be enjoyed by both the artists, and the ones who consume it. Take your time, and have fun - thats what this game is all about.

EDIT: The thread is officially 1337 now. :D

Wow, thanks all. I was not fully aware about how much people follow this, thanks for all the private and open messages of support.

Please, excuse my last message. Sometimes I tend to not sleep enough and the tiredness seems to affect my judgement. I suppose we all have weird mood days.

I keep working on this with all my endearment!

Wow, thanks all. I was not fully aware about how much people follow this, thanks for all the private and open messages of support.

Please, excuse my last message. Sometimes I tend to not sleep enough and the tiredness seems to affect my judgement. I suppose we all have weird mood days.

I keep working on this with all my endearment!

It is very understandable and it doesnt at all need an excuse. Please take your time, it is better for everyone!

Also, you said you wont do anymore hype, I like to follow this thread for status updates (if that is what you meant by "hype"), and I dont think it makes more people ask for an ETA, so continue with updates if you can/want:) (Unless it does generate more stress for you.) No pressure, they dont have to be frequent at all and it is totally up to you:)

I've always liked the more crass response of 'It's done when it's done'. It works Squad, and I've seen a few other modders take that stance and some of them in a not-so-nice way :)

From what I've seen, EVE and Scatterer are a long way off from being ready for prime time. Granted I have a low end laptop with intel graphics but EVE7-4 and KSPRC configs are perfect (along with other configs out there). I can't even get the EVE WIP and Scatterer to function on a basic level.

As long as there's always some way to get things working, like the little work around we have now with KSPRC, I'm a happy camper. And actually I find it greatly satisfying to know there's usually a work-around for something that breaks in this game, it's one of the things that make this game and it's communities so great!

Anybody knows where are the palm trees in the assets? Or maybe the name of the original texture? Please, send me a PM if you know.

I guess my video card is not so powerful to show that scattering... Because I've never seen palms ingame, but I see palms around KSC in a lot of captures lately.

Anybody knows where are the palm trees in the assets? Or maybe the name of the original texture? Please, send me a PM if you know.

I guess my video card is not so powerful to show that scattering... Because I've never seen palms ingame, but I see palms around KSC in a lot of captures lately.

I think those are in the mod "KSC++". I haven't tested it out at all though. (and I'm not sure if these are the palm trees you are referring to lol).

Scroll down on this page: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79542-25-SXT-Lack-s-Stock-Extension-SXT-19-07DEC14-KSC-v3

Sorry can't easily embed on mobile. :P

I think those are in the mod "KSC++". I haven't tested it out at all though. (and I'm not sure if these are the palm trees you are referring to lol).

Scroll down on this page: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79542-25-SXT-Lack-s-Stock-Extension-SXT-19-07DEC14-KSC-v3

Sorry can't easily embed on mobile. :P

Oh! So those palms are non stock!

LoL, I've spent absurd amounts of time searching in the assets, again and again, like a mad man.

Many thanks Joe!

http://i.imgur.com/TbNFbAq.gif

Is this somewhat similar to how your reflections will look like ingame? Haven't seen any real previews here yet (or maybe i suck at lurking lol). Anyways, keep up the great work! :D

Here is a preview from inside the VAB.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76972-0-90-KSPRC-Renaissance-Compilation-artworks-remake-V-0-2-%2818-04-15%29?p=1899767&viewfull=1#post1899767

http://i.imgur.com/TbNFbAq.gif

Is this somewhat similar to how your reflections will look like ingame? Haven't seen any real previews here yet (or maybe i suck at lurking lol). Anyways, keep up the great work! :D

That seems to be the actual KSPRC version + Sweet FX + TRReflections. And Photoshop for the flare, I think.

The reflections are a plugin made by Shaw, inside Texture Replacer. This is just how actual KSPRC looks when you use that feature of TR.

So yes.

Some time ago: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76972-0-90-KSPRC-Renaissance-Compilation-artworks-remake-V-0-2-%2818-04-15%29?p=1899767&viewfull=1#post1899767

But do not be fooled by the anxious eye candy: is not so simple... You need to prepare every texture to use it or you will find notable differences between similar parts (where some ones have reflections and some others not). And it have impact in the FPS. So it's a feature for medium-high video cards.

Edited by Proot

Proot, this mod might be of an interest to you :

It adds engine lightning ALREADY SUGGESTED, SORRY.

By the way, thank you very much for all you did, we are all truly grateful.

And take time ;)

Edited by MegaUZI
typooos

Mr. Proot:

I'm sure all appreciate your work. Don't feel the pressure in releasing early or unfinished products. In my opinion you could release "packages" for testing, or even alpha/beta versions of the final pack for opinions and help.

Me personally, I just can't play the game how it looks. It became so dull and gives me no "oh" and no "ah" so my interest faded away.

In conclusion: take your time, you said you do this because you love the game. Your love will be well received in the day its finished.

Just gotta say, thanks for making this game worth it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.