Devnote Tuesdays: The "It Might Be Wednesday" Edition

SQUAD

On the contracts section. I've seen a mod somewhere for it. I did not get it as long as I've been playing. I've had to restart a few times and I'm just trying to get out of Ksoi.

Anyway. IS it possible when someone want you to send something into space. Say a put a satellite in space, test one of there parts in a certain configuration.

The customer builds the part. (Some prebuilt items hidden in the game files).

Then after you've accomplished the mission. The blueprints have been unlocked and will now be in your sub assemblies/saved ships.

Maybe even build another tab in VAB for blueprints unlocked.

Edited by David H

I see that a few people are concerned about SQUAD tracking how far players get into the game. To them I say... why? I mean, you probably share more information on the forums about what you do in KSP than SQUAD would ever know. They probably want to know that information for balancing reasons - if almost nobody has completed the tech tree, then they'll know it's too hard, and vice versa.

You see all over the forums everyone showing the big bases, stations, planets they visited.

Its the ones that have been playing for a mth or so and still have yet to leave Ksoi. You don't see those pics.

On the other hand: If you think about the destruction it would cause to SQUAD's image if someone found out they were doing bad stuff.. it's more likely they have no interest in lying about the data they gather.

But indeed someone with some spare time and a packet sniffer could take a look at the data. First thing I wonder is if the data will be encrypted or not (when it leaves your computer). Though that might not mean anything because it could be a security measure to protect your privacy.. on the other hand, you can't see what they are sending.

Ah well. So I wonder what kind of KPI's have been developed. Anyone any idea?

I mean, personally I don't see the big deal if they collect game statistics, as long as they are doing just that. I'm sure they'll encrypt it too

- - - Updated - - -

On the contracts section. I've seen a mod somewhere for it. I did not get it as long as I've been playing. I've had to restart a few times and I'm just trying to get out of Ksoi.

Anyway. IS it possible when someone want you to send something into space. Say a put a satellite in space, test one of there parts in a certain configuration.

The customer builds the part. (Some prebuilt items hidden in the game files).

Then after you've accomplished the mission. The blueprints have been unlocked and will now be in your sub assemblies/saved ships.

Maybe even build another tab in VAB for blueprints unlocked.

Actually a very decent idea for contracts!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.