[0.23.5] KerbQuake 1.21 - Reactive Camera Shakes while IVA [5/4/14]

Sir Haxington

This doesnt work in the new career mode (with budgets added). Or at least i cant get it to work.

ditto, this mod is failing in my carrer mode too, :( sad just found this and would love to get it to work.

ditto, this mod is failing in my carrer mode too, :( sad just found this and would love to get it to work.
This doesnt work in the new career mode (with budgets added). Or at least i cant get it to work.

Do you use RealChutes?

KerbQuake doesn't work if there are RealChutes on the craft. If you're using stock parachutes (without the RealChute config) it's fine. If your ship doesn't have ANY parachutes it's fine.

I've tested this on both clean installs and my mod heavy build. Anyone else care to test it?

To be specific, I was using RealChutes v1.2.1

Edited by SaSquatch

Do you use RealChutes?

KerbQuake doesn't work if there are RealChutes on the craft. If you're using stock prachutes (without the RealChute config) it's fine. If your ship doesn't have ANY parachutes it's fine.

I've tested this on both clean installs and my mod heavy build. Anyone else care to test it?

Use real chute. Must be why it doesn't work and for some reason I didn't put a chute on craft in my sandbox test. Damm real chute is a must for me.

Sir Haxington hasn't been online for awhile... or at least his kerbal profile and Github profile doesn't show activity since may. If I have some time I may take a peak at the source and see if I can at least figure out what's going on. I don't really have the time but I do really like this mod.... Unless the author reappears..... NOW.

Did it work?

Could you make a compatibility patch for "ProbeControlRoom" that makes probe IVA's possible. It's odd to have the control room shaking. Disabling it would be a first step and finding a way to add the shake to the cameras instead would be great. The cameras are from the RasterPropMonitor mod.
I'd like to second this one. Any chance it will happen eventually? Thanks :)
It really would be nice to have this ability because both mods are great, just not great together.

Yeah, that's a bit annoying. So I sat down, forked KerbQuake and made an unofficial compatibility patch. Thought I might as well post it here.

Do you use RealChutes?

KerbQuake doesn't work if there are RealChutes on the craft. If you're using stock parachutes (without the RealChute config) it's fine. If your ship doesn't have ANY parachutes it's fine.

Cool. Does your fix also help the problem with realchute parts disabling cam shake?

RealChute v1.2 changed the way its parachutes are handled, but I've made a new patch, so now this mod is once again compatible with RealChute.

Get it here: KerbQuake v1.2-RC-patch

Works in a clean install but my mod-heavy build throws exceptions... and occasionally works. Seeing if I can narrow it down.

I don't know if both your problems were related to the RealChute incompatibility, but I've tested my latest version in both sandbox and career, on bith 32-bit and 64-bit and found no bugs. If you keep having problems after installing my latest unofficial patch, please give a good description of your problem and attach your output.log from the KSP_Data folder.

I probably won't continue developing this mod (as in adding new features), but I will keep on fixings bugs.

Edited by dxdt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
For some reason, the effects don't show up, even with the latest version of this and module manager

1. Which version of the KerbQuake are you using? (I mean, are you using the latest official version, or are you using my latest unofficial version?)

2. What other mods are you using?

3. Can you upload your output.log from the KSP_Data folder and share it, either in public or in a pm to me?

Edited by dxdt

• 2 weeks later...

Possible to make a feature request? I'm using pinnacle game profiler to play KSP with an xbox 360 controller with a lot of success. The maker of the profile I am using (nedal) even managed to program it it to get vibrations during staging and when SAS toggle is held down. But that's it. Is there a way to trigger pinnacle to cause vibration for each of your camshake events?

Didn't work for me either; I used the version in the 'download here' thing on the first page of this thread.

Don't use that version it's dated and doesn't work with realchutes. Use this version instead.

If your problem persists when using the version I just linked to, or if you're not using realchutes and you're still experiencing troubles, please upload your output.log from the KSP_Data folder somewhere and send it to me so I can solve the problem.

Possible to make a feature request? I'm using pinnacle game profiler to play KSP with an xbox 360 controller with a lot of success. The maker of the profile I am using (nedal) even managed to program it it to get vibrations during staging and when SAS toggle is held down. But that's it. Is there a way to trigger pinnacle to cause vibration for each of your camshake events?

I haven't got the time to develop new features, and the original author, Sir Haxington, seem to be gone. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've cleaned a bit on my github page, so here is the new link to the current release, compatible with 0.25

Also, since I haven't been able to get hold of SirHaxington since August, I'm thinking about making a new thread an marking it with 0.25, since the 0.23.5 might scare people off.

Considering the license I don't really see that there should be a problem with that...

I've cleaned a bit on my github page, so here is the new link to the current release, compatible with 0.25

Also, since I haven't been able to get hold of SirHaxington since August, I'm thinking about making a new thread an marking it with 0.25, since the 0.23.5 might scare people off.

Considering the license I don't really see that there should be a problem with that...

It was spamming null errors in .25.

EDIT- so is that fixed ?

It was spamming null errors in .25.

EDIT- so is that fixed ?

No, not since no one has reported that it spams null errors in .25 until you did.

And it doesn't spam null errors in my install relatively clean install, so, what other mods are you running? Could you post your output.log from the KSP_Data folder?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.