[Showcase] Showoff Your Rep-Worthy Crafts

Thought this worthy of a share following a comment by Yukon0009. Starting big didn't work, so the R+D department directed by Dinklestein came up with this nifty little 77 part, 66.4t microshuttle, capable of high Kerbin orbit (~1MKM) and return. Just Press 6 (turn off RCS ports), R, T, and Z before launch, then hands off the wheel until staging time! Press 1 after the R.A.P.I.E.R changes to closed cycle (to close the intakes) and throttle back to zero just as the fuel in the Rockomax Jumbo-64 get's dry so you don't burn the shuttles fuel supply. Then stage and watch how beautifully the jumbo separates!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Link to craft file

I think that this thing is worth a few points of +Rep :wink:

My personal favorite thing that I've done in stock KSP is creating a fully functional...

Claw Game

...complete with lights, labels, eight Kerbals to choose from, and a fair deal of difficulty!

Pictures:

KVctDMV.jpg

Here's the Claw Game, ready for action! Doesn't it look cool?

JrBtRon.jpg

The Claw is ready to drop upon the unsuspecting Kerbals below (with the help of 4x Time-Warp.)

O8lMtth.jpg

The Claw has captured a Kerbal! Time to time-warp back to 1x and take Bobger to the Victory Bin on the other side.

zpgCnBQ.jpg

You're free, Bobger! Now you can be taken home by the lucky winner...

I spent too much time making this thing look nice, and work properly. Still, though, it's not that bad of an idea, right? :)

...and now for a video explaining how the thing works!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are we all only posting stock craft here? I have a SSTO, an aircraft, a lander and a spacestation which I am rather proud of, but I don't think i have built a fully stock craft since 0.18 or sth like that :s would really like to share but I haven't seen anything non stock on the last 20 pages or so, so I thought I'd ask beforehand

I thought my version of the F-22 might be worth some rep, took me only about two day to make but I think it's my best aircraft so far.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Befor you get your hopes up, this is not a spaceplane, mainly because I wanted it to be as close to reality as possible (spaceplane would mean more engines).

The only mods this uses are B9 Aerospace (Many Parts) , bac9's B9 Procedural Wings (3 Parts) , BahamutoD's Mk II Lightning Cockpit (1 Part) and Ferram Aerospace Research. If you're into aircraft, and you're not a stock hardliner you should get these anyways :D

It was built to not only look similar to the real F-22, but also to have similarily incerdible maneuverability. As such it is capable of pulling up to ~9g in a low altitude subsonic turn, without breaking apart.

In the low supersonic region it can still do up to 6 or 7g, depending on how thick the atmosphere is.

This version lifts of and lands best at about 120 m/s. Best Maneuverability is achieved just below mach 1.

I find this to be the most fun and easiest to fly aircraft I have built so far, also the best looking, but please let me know what you think.

Download the craft here

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.