MBTI Personality Type

bsalis

im the type of personality that looses interest after reading the first question. these tests are always a load of crap.

I mean, it's not something you build your life around, but it's significantly more scientific than, say, reading your horoscope.

But yeah, labels aren't always terribly useful/helpful, as far as people are concerned.

i dont know the credentials of the person that wrote the test. it could be someone with a phd thesis on the subject, it can be someone living in their mother's basement who writes online tests for a living (these are not mutually exclusive scenarios though :D ).

In the interest of science...

INTJ

Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(88%) Thinking(38%) Judging(56%)

I've taken this test several times from a number of different sources over the last few years, and it always stays roughly the same.

On another note, it is interesting to see how heavily NT is over represented on these forums. Though, not necessarily surprising, considering the unique nature of KSP.

I have updated the table again. Have thrown in a breakdown of the four dimensions as well.

I'm actually shocked how skewed the results are. Almost 80% INT-, with no SF types at all yet.

parameciumkid - I put you down as INFP, please tell me if you want it changed to INTP.

hotmailcompany52 - Finally the first 'S', however I have left it out of the table since it is for forum members / ksp players.

KOCOUR gets the honour of being the first Sensing member.

i dont know the credentials of the person that wrote the test. it could be someone with a phd thesis on the subject, it can be someone living in their mother's basement who writes online tests for a living (these are not mutually exclusive scenarios though :D ).

The MBTI test was designed by Briggs and Myers based upon the work of Carl Jung. It is not some silly test, it is founded in analytical psychology, and well established. I know my type because the company I work for paid to have the project team I was on to take a one day training course. To be tested and discuss personality types as an exercise in better understanding ourselves, others, and to improve communication. This actually happened twice, on two project teams over the years.

Your MBTI personality type does not define who you are. It is just a general classification of how you think, process information, and interact with the world, and other people. It can be quite informative, since there is a bias to think that others think like yourself. The reality is far from that.

Edited by bsalis

The problem with MBTI is that isn't very repeatable. As such it's a poor way to define someone's personality.

I've done it several times, and each time I got different results. I found that for most of the questions, I had trouble answering a definitive "yes" or "no". It would rather be "well, it depends...". I also find it hard to believe that there are only 16 kinds of people. I like to believe that humanity is much more diverse than that.

It is very popular in corporate HR circles though, mainly because it's easy to understand.

Edited by Nibb31

In high school I got INTJ. In college I got INTJ. Just now taking the linked test, I got INTJ.

INTJ

Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(25%) Judging(78%)

•You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)

•You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)

•You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)

•You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)

im the type of personality that looses interest after reading the first question. these tests are always a load of crap.

If you were to humor us, I bet just from the response, that you would come out as an INTJ. If not, some form of J thereof :P

I understand what you're saying, but this isn't like one of those Facebook "What movie/book character are you?"

This personality test has shown a lot of weight since it was created. There are two tests I've felt were completely accurate judgments of me, the Meyers Briggs test in this thread and the U.S. military ASVABS.

Both haven't changed much in decades.

Both tend to be dead on when they analyze people.

Introvert(56%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(88%) Judging(33%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)

You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)

You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)

You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Not as introvert as I would have feared. :P

Simple yes/no questions - I tend to dislike them.

INFP

Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(62%) Perceiving(39%)

Guess that's why I spend my days playing video games rather than classical feminine activities. I'm not surprised that I'm more Introvert than Extrovert, same with feeling and perceiving, I am surprised the N and S aren't more balanced though.

Updated the table again. That is a lot of INTJs!

Is it even considered safe to have so many INTJs congregate together?

I must say, as a moderator I often see the worst AND the best of the INTJs here :)

Personally, I feel like our mod team is mostly INTJs with like only one other INTP.

Edited by AmpsterMan

INTJ

Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(38%) Thinking(88%) Judging(44%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)

You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)

You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)

You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Excellent score, don't you think?

I have updated the table yet again. Up to 33 samples now. I know a statistician may scoff at it, but I think I can safely draw a conclusion that the forums are a Hug Free Zone. That's good to know, and I'm perfectly ok with that.

Anyhows, I found some good material here for those that would like to dig a bit deeper into understanding MBTI functions...

http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/9813-mbti-functions-explained.html

It's quite fascinating but not easy material to digest. However it does give you a proper understanding of the cognitive processes.

Edited by bsalis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.