[0.24.2] Voice Commander 1.3.2 - Control crafts with your voice

blizzy78

Any chance default phrases could be (or maybe should they be and I did something wrong?) put into the settings?

I have now added a button to fill in any empty text fields in the settings window with default texts.

kOS is being actively maintained. It has gone 7 whole versions since the original author went MIA. It is very capable, and would be great fun to incoperate with this mod. We could literally do the countdown commands and watch it happen before our eyes. example: "10 seconds to liftoff" *activated the 10 second timer of kOS* "main engine ignition" *Ignites engines* *stages* "and we have liftoff! Initiating Roll program" *roll program initiates* you get the idea. i could add telecamaus(however you spell it) and i could play NASA! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I need some help with this.

I've got the correct MechJeb build, I've run it with and without compatability mode, and as admin and not.

I've tried starting voice server before KSP and vice versa, but every time I start voice server last, it won't work, and every time I start voice server first, Voice Commander disappears from the toolbar permanently (even when I'm not running voiceserver).

I don't know where the output text is located, but I will post it if somebody tells me where it is.

I've tried starting voice server before KSP and vice versa, but every time I start voice server last, it won't work, and every time I start voice server first, Voice Commander disappears from the toolbar permanently (even when I'm not running voiceserver).

This seems to happen on occasion, but I haven't been able to figure out why yet. Please try this:

- Make a copy of the GameData\blizzy\VoiceCommander\ folder somewhere outside of your KSP folder.

- Start voiceserver.exe from that copy.

- Start KSP.

However, is that an xkcd reference I see in your command list? :)

I don't know, at least not an intentional one. What do you see there?

Edit: Ah, so it should be the Up Goer Five. I don't regularly read XKCD, so I didn't have that memorized. I actually got the term off the KSP forums.

Edited by blizzy78

I can't seem to get this mod working.

When I start VoiceServer should it display something because all I'm getting is a blinking cursor? The Toolbar button works and I configured the "texts to speak", but nothing happens when I speak them (VoiceServer doesn't show anything either).

The Windows Speech Recognition software works so the problem couldn't be with the mic.

Any help would be appreciated.

When I start VoiceServer should it display something because all I'm getting is a blinking cursor?

Yes, it should output this quite immediately:

Listening... Press Ctrl+C to exit, or close the window.
You can say 'test 1 2 3' into your microphone to test now.

Heyho!

Nice Plugin, love it!

Oh im also on the german client and have some problems with a few commands:

"Schubkraft 20 Prozent" Makes a popup on toolbar: Set Throttle (77.7)

But doesn't set it to 20% or 77.7% at all, here is what the debug says:

[Error]: [VoiceCommander] error while executing command: ksp/throttlePercent

[Exception]: KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Also That Mechjeb things don't seem to work that way you used to that on the video: "Vertical Plus 2 Komma 0"

Well if i say that it sometimes tries to set throttle or toggles landing legs.

Part of output_log.txt:

[VoiceCommander] packet received: (SPEECH_RECOGNIZED) command=ksp/throttlePercent|confidence=0.7766844

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

[VoiceCommander] command received: command=ksp/throttlePercent|confidence=0.7766844

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

[VoiceCommander] error while executing command: ksp/throttlePercent

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VoiceCommander.KSPFlightCommands.throttlePercent (VoiceCommander.VoiceCommandRecognizedEvent event) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VoiceCommander.VoiceCommander.handleSpeechRecognized (VoiceCommander.VoicePacket packet) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
VoiceCommander.VoiceCommander:handleSpeechRecognized(VoicePacket)
VoiceCommander.VoiceCommander:handlePacket(VoicePacket)
VoiceCommander.VoiceCommander:handleQueuedPackets()
VoiceCommander.VoiceCommander:Update()

Edited by StainX

Hey everyone, I had a problem where commands were not registering with the game despite the icon appearing and VoiceServer.exe running, so I asked blizzy about it and he suggested the following solution, which worked like a charm for me:

After installing the Voice Commander mod as instructed in the OP, copy the whole mod folder (/GameData/blizzy/VoiceCommander/) to another location -- anywhere outside of KSP -- so that you have two copies on your machine. Then run VoiceServer.exe from the *new* non-KSP folder and start the game normally. Now everything should work fine and dandy.

Ed.: This mod is so ridiculously awesome. Words can hardly describe my joy!

Edited by abxt

Oh im also on the german client and have some problems with a few commands:

"Schubkraft 20 Prozent" Makes a popup on toolbar: Set Throttle (77.7)

But doesn't set it to 20% or 77.7% at all, here is what the debug says:

First, the "77.7%" is the confidence of the command recognition. It does not resemble your speech input.

Second, I don't think you configured the command correctly. In your case, it looks like you've been missing the <percentNumber> macro. So to be able to say "Schubkraft 20 Prozent", you need to configure the command to "Schubkraft <percentNumber> Prozent".

Please see http://bit.ly/1lnCdEv for a detailed list of commands and macros.

Also That Mechjeb things don't seem to work that way you used to that on the video: "Vertical Plus 2 Komma 0"

Well if i say that it sometimes tries to set throttle or toggles landing legs.

This usually happens if it does not recognize what you said, probably because of misconfiguration like with the command above. It then tries to find a best match.

For the vertical speed command, try configuring it to "Vertikal <plusMinus> <speedNumber>".

Yes, it should output this quite immediately:

Listening... Press Ctrl+C to exit, or close the window.
You can say 'test 1 2 3' into your microphone to test now.

What could be the problem if this isn't happening?

I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and using a CM Storm Sirus headset don't know if that's relevant or not just really want to get this working.

Nevermind the forum post formatting, I've seen the screenshot.

It just seems to hang while trying to initialize the speech recognition engine. I'll try and come up with a version that does more debugging output so we can better see what's going on.

I found that I had to configure the Windows speech engine before I could use VoiceCommander properly. VoiceServer.exe would crash on load before I did that setup where you dictate a bunch of text etc, the wizard can be found under Control Panel > Speech Recognition.

• 2 weeks later...