The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

Just posted on the official Tumblr:

We know many of you all had your hearts set on playing Kerbal Space Program: First Contract yesterday. Despite not giving a specific date, you’re all way too smart and had a correct hunch for the day we had in mind. Your levels of hype practically matched all of ours within the company for wanting to bring the update to you yesterday. Unfortunately, the devs ended up hitting a snag that stemmed from a Unity update.

The issue itself is minor, but bothersome enough to your experience to make sure it gets squashed before sending an update out into the world. We’re as disappointed as you are that expectations weren’t met, but the good news is that you won’t be in for as long of a wait this time. As we speak, the devs are on the cusp of smoothing out the issue. From there, that means one last experimental build to test. If nothing breaks (knock on wood), we’ll be issuing a release candidate.

Despite things looking good right now, you still never know what can happen from build to build and won’t release the update until it’s fully ready to go. What this means for some of you is that you can lay off the F5 for a bit. Really. It’s ok….see? There. Feels good, doesn’t it? When it’s ready, we’ll announce it on all of our usual haunts and you’ll know right away.

Edited by FleetAdmiralJ

Yes! Great news! Never doubted you for a second, Squad.. - so, one more experimental build to scan for on SteamDB, then hopefully something that possibly resembles anything looking like a possible release candidate.

We know many of you all had your hearts set on playing Kerbal Space Program: First Contract yesterday. Despite not giving a specific date, you’re all way too smart and had a correct hunch for the day we had in mind. Your levels of hype practically matched all of ours within the company for wanting to bring the update to you yesterday. Unfortunately, the devs ended up hitting a snag that stemmed from a Unity update.

The issue itself is minor, but bothersome enough to your experience to make sure it gets squashed before sending an update out into the world. We’re as disappointed as you are that expectations weren’t met, but the good news is that you won’t be in for as long of a wait this time. As we speak, the devs are on the cusp of smoothing out the issue. From there, that means one last experimental build to test. If nothing breaks (knock on wood), we’ll be issuing a release candidate.

Despite things looking good right now, you still never know what can happen from build to build and won’t release the update until it’s fully ready to go. What this means for some of you is that you can lay off the F5 for a bit. Really. It’s ok….see? There. Feels good, doesn’t it? When it’s ready, we’ll announce it on all of our usual haunts and you’ll know right away.

Latest update.

See? That's good information policy. And the reason you shouldn't give out dates.

I'd still prefer it if we would get that kind of info from the devs on the forum (instead of having to search through different social media sites), but oh well, we all know that that will never happen...

So does that mean no release today?

jupp, that's what that means I think

Probably not today but defiantly by the end of the week. Sucks I will miss its release as I will be on vacation. I am glad they responded to the massive hype train and how it probably won't be today either.

Why can't nobody tell us "We are still working on it maybee today if we get all sortet out till X o'clock" or "We have thrown today overboard,come back tomorrow". ...

Actually (at the time you posted this) your wish was granted, as nobody told you "We are still working on it maybee today if we get all sortet out till X o'clock" or "We have thrown today overboard,come back tomorrow".

"The issue itself is minor, but bothersome enough to your experience to make sure it gets squashed before sending an update out into the world."

This is why we love Squad. I'm sure some companies would have released yesterday, as the issue was "minor".

While it is disappointing not to have my hands on the shiny new update, I, like most people, I'm sure, am delighted that they're trying to make it perfect for us. :D

I'd still prefer it if we would get that kind of info from the devs on the forum (instead of having to search through different social media sites), but oh well, we all know that that will never happen...

things almost always go on the tumblr first. I'm sure it will get a forum post soon if it hasn't already. All of the daily kerbal goe sup on tumblr first I know

We did get this info on the forums, an entire 5 minutes or so later...

Tumblr is an official source, just as much as the forum is. That's the official Squad Tumblr account.

So them asking us to lay off the f5 key hasn't worked xD

It seems to be working we-502...

So does that mean no release today?

It means not to be surprised if there is, but not to be surprised if there isn't. Just know it's not far off.

Actually, all Tumblr posts get pushed to the forum. Under normal circumstances, I'd have posted this as an article, but we've taken a few measures around here to try and lighten the load, one of which is the lack of an article bar. It would have given it way less attention around here.

We did get this info on the forums, an entire 5 minutes or so later...

Because of the issues the forums are experiencing.. :) As for the Tumblr posts: those automatically spread to the forums within 10 minutes. Always. Anything posted there will appear in the Daily Kerbal forums.

What I see when I look at that update (through some slightly rose tinted glasses) is that the new build they pushed out an hour or so ago was the proposed fix, and if testing goes well (what, that should take about 30 seconds, right?), meaning it'll be released within the hour.

HYPETRAIN full speed ahead!

What I see when I look at that update (through some slightly rose tinted glasses) is that the new build they pushed out an hour or so ago was the proposed fix, and if testing goes well (what, that should take about 30 seconds, right?), meaning it'll be released within the hour.

Proper testing can take well more than 30 seconds. It depends on the bug in question.