The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

Seriously, anybody have any idea why they have changed the prices?

Must be another encoded message directed at the hype train. Note the "24" in the previous German price...are they telling us that .24 is 99% done, soon to be 100% completed and thus their progress to the next version will be reset and start at zero? Is 24 a reference to the ratio between width and height of the great pyramid?

The History Channel has taught me all about this kind of stuff.

Must be another encoded message directed at the hype train. Note the "24" in the previous German price...are they telling us that .24 is 99% done, soon to be 100% completed and thus their progress to the next version will be reset and start at zero? Is 24 a reference to the ratio between width and height of the great pyramid?

You sir made my day!

Couple of weeks later, I started noticing weird stuff going on in the database, like each update random games would get price of zero, or incredibly high price. Nothing seemed wrong in the code, and I tried logging each request to a file. The problem is that requesting a lot of apps at same time, seems to "break" Steam, and it starts not putting prices in the response. As for high prices, it randomly decides to return price of full game package, or developer package, instead of actual requested app.

From the SteamDB FAQ.

TLDR: It happens some times because steam randomly stops sending price info sometimes when there are a bunch of queries.

I love it, the Hype Train has created conspiracy theorists to the mix. This thread is so entertaining to keep up with!

Brilliant!