[WIP]"KONQUEST:Modular components for permanent bases" by ASET (14/05/2014)

alexustas

Every time, EVERY SINGLE TIME, AlexUstas shows us an update or a new planned feature of this pack (or any of his mods, really), my jaw just totally hits the floor! :D

The only thing is, I'm starting to worry about whether all these awesome textures and animations are going to kill my computer, lol!

if there is *one* mod I can't wait for... this is going to be the end all be all of surface base parts hands down

Amen to that. Granted, this won't be covering every situation and completely superseding the right combination of stock and other modded parts for a complete experience... but this one giant horse-pill alone will solve almost 97% of the problems I face when trying to even conceptualize any sort of colonization pod. I almost wish I had not found this work-in-progress thread, because since seeing the first sample image I cannot enjoy KSP in the same way again until I see this in action in my own simulation.

EDIT: I concur with the above statement and add to it: Great Jebediah's-Mother's-2nd-Cousin-Twice-Removed's Ghost!!!

Edited by Gaalidas

Its been a little while since we heard anything new just wanted to know if you had any updates. Not trying to be a pain just curious.

In my case, I am trying to be a pain. Really, I am. I'm very painful...

Okay, so I'm not that painful, but I have been known to be in pain at times.

Just... bleh... update this thing already. eesh! The natives are getting restless and I can't keep distracting them forever.

I'm sure adjustments for specific mods, filterable by mod presence in the user's installation using MM's "NEEDS" system within the configs, could be established to make this stuff compatible with just about everything, much like we've all been doing with just about every other resource modification available.

• 2 weeks later...
I usually try not to make posts like this nowadays, but I'm with sp1989, this thread has gone disturbingly silent. I hope all is well.

It's not only disturbing... it's down right... okay, I guess the word I was going for was also disturbing. I mean literally, not just another disturbing word. I mean... okay, I give up. English (the language) sucks sometimes.

KONQUEST is definitively one of the mods i'm waiting the most. Between the design, the possibilities resulting from the modularity and all the small details considered, I'm totally respectful of the work made by alexustas :)

Well, alexustas has posted in the forums as recently as yesterday, so at least he seems to be fine. But as to this project? no idea.

I am wondering if he isn't being held back by the total lack of crew needs mods beyond air/water/food. Exercise, health, and any other kerbal-specific kind of mod so far seems to have died on the vine, due to Squad's total and complete lack of any useful Kerbal API beyond 'name, courage, stupidity, whee, panic, badass, alive/dead.'

I may venture onto this path myself, but cant say if I will be successful where so many others have failed.