Spheres of Legend (KSP Theme Song Done Differently!) [AUDIO FILE IS HERE!]

BagelRabbit

I was watching Nassault one day (I LOVE HIS VIDEOS SO MUCH!), when all of a sudden, he began using soundtracks from the small musical group Boards of Canada.

Their music is really, really good, and their soundtracks are so different. In a good way. I was smitten.

(If you haven't looked them up yet, now would be a good time.)

Inspired by these good noises, and with a deadline in my music class rapidly approaching, I did a cover of the Kerbal Space Program theme that sounds nothing like the Kerbal Space Program theme.

...and here it is.

SPHERES OF LEGEND

Just wanted to share this as I think that some would like it.

NOTE: If this video is unavailable for you, this may be because I am currently disputing this video's music. Apparently, YouTube thinks that This is a exact copy of my song, despite numerous and major differences.

Oh, and if you think that Nassault could benefit from this video's music, I'm wondering how I could reach him. :)

Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoyed the video! Please let me know what I did well, and what I could do better.

[EDIT: Here, have an audio file! Sorry for the nasty format. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzky22gg8j2zerd/Output.aif ]

Edited by UpsilonAerospace

Sound is working on my computer again!

It's sort of haunting. Almost the sort of music you'd here if something was going wrong/about to go wrong and you were just creeping around looking for it.... or something.

Hello everyone!

It seems as if several of you guys like this song. Thank you all very much for your support. What a great forum this is. :D

So, now I want to make this song downloadable for free, so that anyone who wants it can have it. Can anyone recommend the best way to do this? (I'll be sure to post a link in the OP after figuring this out.)

...and how would you recommend reaching Nassault? Comment on his YouTube page? Email him? Send him a PM?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

I guess that a Dropbox link is the best it's gonna get...

So:

Spheres of Legend: Now in clunky AIFF format! (It seems there isn't any way to change this. Still should work though.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzky22gg8j2zerd/Output.aif

...and yes, it's named "Output" on my computer. I'm clearly still very new to this sort of thing.

I hereby give thee formal permission to use this audio-file in any project that thou art undertaking!

was that formal enough?

...and I'll also include the link in the original post.

• 8 months later...
I was watching Nassault one day (I LOVE HIS VIDEOS SO MUCH!), when all of a sudden, he began using soundtracks from the small musical group Boards of Canada.

Their music is really, really good, and their soundtracks are so different. In a good way. I was smitten.

(If you haven't looked them up yet, now would be a good time.)

Inspired by these good noises, and with a deadline in my music class rapidly approaching, I did a cover of the Kerbal Space Program theme that sounds nothing like the Kerbal Space Program theme.

...and here it is.

http://youtu.be/c33vSJAc1Hk

SPHERES OF LEGEND

Just wanted to share this as I think that some would like it.

NOTE: If this video is unavailable for you, this may be because I am currently disputing this video's music. Apparently, YouTube thinks that This is a exact copy of my song, despite numerous and major differences.

Oh, and if you think that Nassault could benefit from this video's music, I'm wondering how I could reach him. :)

Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoyed the video! Please let me know what I did well, and what I could do better.

[EDIT: Here, have an audio file! Sorry for the nasty format. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzky22gg8j2zerd/Output.aif ]

Awesome! BOC are one of my favorite groups. Their Scottish brothers. Roygbiv is one of my favorite songs ever:

I can also recommend, The art of noise, Bonobo, Some of Fat Jon's more ambient tracks, Brian Eno, Felix Laband, King of Woolworths, Lemon Jelly, The Orb, Sigur ros,

Susumu Yokota, Four Tet.

But none compare to the mighty BOC!

Edited by Majorjim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.