Celestial Body Science Multiplier Editor

DMagic

Did anyone make a config they'd like to share? I'm looking over it for use with Dmagic's orbital science, but I'm at a loss on what is the best option... Maybe just reducing Mun and Minmus rewards would be enough... First time I went to Minmus with Dmagic's mod I ended up getting 500 science which is crazy.

Did anyone make a config they'd like to share? I'm looking over it for use with Dmagic's orbital science, but I'm at a loss on what is the best option... Maybe just reducing Mun and Minmus rewards would be enough... First time I went to Minmus with Dmagic's mod I ended up getting 500 science which is crazy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8p3tbtkx9kknoro/ScienceParams.cfg Here's mine. I have cranked down the science recieved just about everywhere with a few lesser changes suchs as Eeloo and Tylo as they are pretty challenging to land on.

Can anyone point me to the original file for science data values so that I can study it before deciding how I want to modify science returns?

The included config file uses all of the original values.

• 1 month later...

I haven't tested anything, but I believe the global science modifier is completely separate from what this is changing. So it should still be possible to reduce or increase the global science returns while changing individual multipliers as you see fit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finding that if I zero out a science value in the cfg file (for example, Kerbin LandedDataValue, since I don't want to count things that could be explored from the ground as "rocket science") the mod will work but I get two glitches when I try to do science from there. The science window is graphically mangled a bit, and the science number shown is NaN. Not critical, just a note for your next update.

• 6 months later...
I'm finding that if I zero out a science value in the cfg file (for example, Kerbin LandedDataValue, since I don't want to count things that could be explored from the ground as "rocket science") the mod will work but I get two glitches when I try to do science from there. The science window is graphically mangled a bit, and the science number shown is NaN. Not critical, just a note for your next update.

This is a stock issue, setting an experiment to zero without this mod does the same.

Also: Did anything change or is this still working? :)

And: RecoveredDataValue refered to the "recovered a vessel that landed on Dres" part?

Edited by KerbMav

• 1 month later...