[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Hmmm.... Maybe it's a different issue then, but the amount of fuel/whatever in most parts (that have MFT applied to them) doesn't change when the part is scaled for me - but I'm running a lot of mods. I just assumed that the incompatibilities of the past had resurfaced with all the crazy updating around 0.25... Perhaps the wrong assumption.

It is, I would still have Fine Print installed except that I wanted to isolate Tweak Scale to confirm it as the source of the problem. What's PotatoRoid? What should I do next?

Oops, when I moved the other mods out to make sure the log would have no other mods installed I caught the squad folder and nasa mission folder by mistake, I will grab a new log with those back in place.

https://www./?4isdrni56qxxicf

Yes TweakScale 1.44 and ModuleManager 2.5.1 should be the only things still installed.

Alright, I managed to do a complete wipe, and it all works now, including my save.

Question about scaling of reaction wheels, specifically the B9 HX (big) one at the moment, but I believe it applies to all reaction wheels. When I scale them up, their strength seems not to change. Should I expect to see larger numbers with TweakableEverything, or could there be some conflict between TE and TS akin to the decoupler issue someone talked about somewhere? I don't think reaction wheel strength is scaling correctly at the moment, just want to be sure it isn't a purely cosmetic thing (numbers don't change visibly, but strength does, if that's possible). Anyone else find this?

I would, first off, like to thank you for this interesting mod. I added it and later found something not working right. ..

The issue is.. I go into the SpacePlane hanger, and load a plane, hit launch.. and the button greys out, I can do nothing else. It stays in the hanger and I have to close the program down. I take the mod out .. this issue goes away. Even tried with no Mods accept for the NASA and Squad folders and Tweakscale

I was not sure, at first, which mod it was that was causing this issue. So I went and removed them *all* and put them back one by one and tested each time. Narrowed it down to this one.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Only warning I get is on stretchy tanks. No problems with it. Procedural Parts doesn't seem to be quite ready for prime time.

Procedural Fairings had an older KSPAPIExtensions dll. Infernal Robotics and TweakScale were up to date.

Can someone post a way to make this work on Karbonite Detection Array? Couldn't get it work with my very limited knowledge.. :confused:

If someone could make it work with all the Umbra Space Industry mods it would be amazing. lol

If someone could make it work with all the Umbra Space Industry mods it would be amazing. lol

I figured it out. I feel ashamed now for not knowing how this works... Wasn't that complicated at all. I just imitated what's written in TweakScale .cfg in Karbonite folder.

Edit: My god I'm starting to regret installing this mod. So many parts needs this mod.... I'll have to spend the little free time I've on making configs...

Edited by SlickyNick

I figured it out. I feel ashamed now for not knowing how this works... Wasn't that complicated at all. I just imitated what's written in TweakScale .cfg in Karbonite folder.

Edit: My god I'm starting to regret installing this mod. So many parts needs this mod.... I'll have to spend the little free time I've on making configs...

O wow your right, this is pretty easy, go go 5m Karbonite+ drive. lol

Hi awesome work!

Ive got a question about the rescaling tho:

Im using Karbonite and i want Huge Drills so that i have to build some kind of Oil Platform to support it. Easy enough i added tweakscale config to the drill and it works like a charm.

I read that TweakScale "supports" Karbonite. What exactly does that mean? do drills which are rescaled (2.5 to 5 m) drill more/faster and drain more energy? If so, can i turn that off? So that tweakscale only tweaks the mass of the drills?

thx for that extremely useful mod :-)

cheers

I've been working on using a KAS grapple and winch to anchor airships to the ground (I learned the hard way that KSP straight-up destroys them if I leave the scene while they're hanging in midair), but I'd rather stay a little higher than 80 m off the ground. TweakScale already will scale KAS winches, but I wanted it to also scale the length of the line, so I added this block to the ScaleExponents.cfg file:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS

{

name = KASModuleWinch

maxLenght = 3

}

Why 3 and not 1? The mass of the cable increases by the cube of the winch size; assuming the cable's diameter stays the same, that means its length must increase by the cube of winch size. This could also be replaced by maxlenght = 1, cableWidth = 1, if you want the cable to scale in all dimensions. I haven't had any trouble with the other factors, so I don't feel the need to scale them, but from a physical perspective, the damping factor and springiness of a chunk of material scales by its cross-sectional area (because they depend on material parameters like Young's modulus, which links deformation to force per unit area), so if you scale cableWidth by 1, then cableSpring and cableDamper should both scale by 2. EDIT: or maybe by 3, since the length is also increasing -- F = kx, so the force should scale with the length as well -- and this would also apply to the case where only length is being scaled. I haven't tried towing anything with a supremely-long cable, but using a super-long anchor line didn't seem to cause any problems, so it's probably fine to leave the force parameters unscaled.

Also, some advice for using long winches: maybe attach some lights to the grappling point, so that it's easy to find (and thus release) the anchor, or bind it to an action group during assembly. I found that out the hard way during night testing...

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra
More thoughts on what could or should be scaled.

I have this strange bug in VAB : the first part I place is a little scaled down but the nodes are still correct and it is showing with the right scale. It does not happen with every part, but a good number including stock parts.

Changing scale and reverting does not fix the problem, neither reloading.

kspbug1cropped_zps89752b6d.png

EDIT : I'm currently using linux 64-bit, I never had this problem with 32-bit Win.

Edited by Polymaker

hi, i've been enjoying this mod a lot but i've been looking to fix myself a better ScaleExponents config to resolve the often nonsensical results that the current price scaling behaviour brings:

for instance, on one hand if i want to use a simple radial attachment point to cover a 1.25m section it costs 1,250 funds, but if i want to use the part to do the same on a 2.5m section it now costs 11,000 (!). on the other hand certain configs that are clearly very powerful (like a 0.625 NERVA on a probe assembly) are made ridiculously cheap to a basically game-breaking degree. currently i have !dryCost = 0 in order to neutralize both these behaviours, but the the situation closer to real-life (as i reckon it) is that scaling existing technologies up and down both entail more expense as they require a greater degree of engineering technique, fabrication, materials science etc.

so my question is, is there a way to implement such a thing in the mod cfg as-is - a custom exponent tweak that makes the values increase to a set degree both when you scale an object down and up? i haven't thought of one yet but i haven't slept well so i can't really sit down to a scribble pad yet until i feel sharper.

So I am having my own strange issue, if I try to attach anything with Mechjeb the entire screen doesn't work. Can't save, Can't launch, can't delete or move anything, nothing. I have to Alt-F4 my way out of the game. Once tweakscale is removed this issue stops entirely for mechjeb. I have no idea why its doing this and have been trying to figure it out for 2 days. Any help guys?