[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Nope, I'm using both with no problem. I'll try that craft you posted later in tonight.

i'm beginning to think it's a bug in stock, as i somehow reverted a flight from my career save to another my sandbox...

Edited by Commissar

Has anyone else been noticing mass discrepancies? I've had problems a number of times now where I took a big part and downscaled it substantially. It looks like it scaled normally in the VAB, but when I go to launch the ship--or exit the VAB and re-enter--the mass of the part goes back up to its original value, despite the size of the model still being downscaled. I've seen this happen on at least two vanilla engine parts so far; not sure what else might be exhibiting it.

I'm having some issues with tweakscale and AIES that perhaps y'all could help me with... it seems that when I use a scaled AIES probe core as my root part, the part resizes to its default size once i switch to another craft or change scenes.

Here's my craft in the VAB

Here's my craft during ascent

Here's my craft after circularization and switching back to the Space Center

In the persistent.sfs file, the craft seems to have the correct tweakscale module with correct settings:

VESSEL
{
name = GSC 1
PART
{
name = Maxurpod

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
isEnabled = True
tweakScale = 1.5
currentScale = 1.5
defaultScale = 1
isFreeScale = False
version = 1.50.0.0
defaultTransformScale = (1, 1, 1)
DryCost = 1687.5
tweakScale_UIEditor
{
controlEnabled = True
minValue = 0.625
maxValue = 5
incrementLarge = 1.25
incrementSmall = 0.125
incrementSlide = 0.001
}
EVENTS
{
}
ACTIONS
{
}
}

As I say, this problem only seems to be with the AIES probe cores... the solar panels & batteries are all tweakscaled (some also from AIES) and their size remains fine. Does it have to do with the probe core being the root part?

Also- mod list

--Edit--

This seems to extend to Squad probe cores as well, so that if the root part is resized it will not retain its shape.

Edited by ctrl2

Autoscale ruins docking ports from fustek as well as stock docking ports as (even when switched off with alt-L) it removes all the stats (grab range, torque, etc) randomly on stations and randomly affects different vehicles attached to stations. It's really making me not want to play because there exists no fixes for these problems with the autoscale.

I got lots of those errors while in flight, although nothing seems to be broken!

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at TweakScale.Hotkeyable.op_True (TweakScale.Hotkeyable a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TweakScale.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Full log can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gqzmqedx8tc63ke/AABxZW7e6YSPHGMdw-tTnfa2a?dl=0

(yeah it crashed at the end, was an out of memory error, although I had some non memory related crashes lately)

TweakScale 1.50, KSP 0.90, quite some mods installed, 32 Bit Windows

im getting an issue with several SXT parts.

basicaly for instance if i scale the Kossak command cockpit down to 1.25 and if i at any point do a "revert to launch" it rescales the part to 2.5

unsure if its is just visual or also mass and resources.

anybody encouter this issue?

I love this mod (especially when combined with a welding mod to make make HUGE structures). But I have noticed a problem. When I reload the database (for adding extra parts ingame), the entire TweakScale mod stops working and I have to close KSP and reopen it again to get the mod working.

Before reloading

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7ImypfLVyCcUHI1ZktOSzN1RE0/view?usp=sharing

After reloading, note the context menu

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7ImypfLVyCcVVRKakpqZGdzX0E/view?usp=sharing

(sorry about the links, I have no idea how to use actual pictures)

Tweakscale is reverting the size back to original while keeping the stats scaled http://imgur.com/gIO4ExK any solution to this?

The fuel tank in the middle of the picture is stock which i scaled to 5m, tweakscale decided to revert its graphics.

I'm having this issue as well, it seems to happen when reverting the flight or loading a quicksave. it remains functional, but last time the kraken eventually hit me

Tweakscale is reverting the size back to original while keeping the stats scaled http://imgur.com/gIO4ExK any solution to this?

The fuel tank in the middle of the picture is stock which i scaled to 5m, tweakscale decided to revert its graphics.

I'm having this issue as well, it seems to happen when reverting the flight or loading a quicksave. it remains functional, but last time the kraken eventually hit me

I'm having a SIMILAR but not exactly the same issue. Though not with all parts. I have two stock radial chutes and a structural I-Beam on my sounding rocket. All three parts are TweakScaled down in size to make them fit. The I-Beam works fine, but the Parachutes reset their WEIGHT when I move from VAB to Launchpad. The size remains correct but they gain 20kg of weight which makes my entire real scale rocket go to crap :P Like I said though the I-Beam remains correct.

I'm having a SIMILAR but not exactly the same issue. Though not with all parts. I have two stock radial chutes and a structural I-Beam on my sounding rocket. All three parts are TweakScaled down in size to make them fit. The I-Beam works fine, but the Parachutes reset their WEIGHT when I move from VAB to Launchpad. The size remains correct but they gain 20kg of weight which makes my entire real scale rocket go to crap :P Like I said though the I-Beam remains correct.

I have the same issue. Two RCS Fuel Tanks on my vessel are scaled down to 0.625. After i switched the vehicle one of the tanks looks like stock the other is still scaled down.

Hi! I've found one minor issue with duplicate entries for structural intake in "SpaceplanePlus_TweakScale.cfg" and "Squad_TweakScale.cfg", named "IntakeRadialLong". Before i manually fixed this duplication by removing one of the definitions, intake part was properly scaled in editor from scaling menu and after loading a craft, but it was reset to 100% size in flight scene.

I've (hopefully correctly, i'm new to github) posted an issue on Biotronic's github repo.

Ah yes, i've found the cause by looking at debug log with ALT+F12.

Im sure this has been covered somewhere, can someone give me the link to the post talking about adding TS to a part that does not have it already. I was trying the old way of creating a rescalefactor= x but when i load to the screen to launch it goes back to stock size.

Edited by viperwolf

I'm wondering if there's a way I can tweakscale compatibility with the mk3 parts. adding each part to the squad config in tweakscale but that doesn't work. Any suggestions or fixes? Maybe help?

What you mean ? If you pretty much just want to go bigger, I have a patch that go's one down scale and pretty much all upscale and works on all parts if you want to try here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/TweakScale_All.cfg.zip

I've added each part to the Tweakscale Squad Config and will post them here for anyone else. I see what you did and its simpler and clever but ive doen this now so yeah...

If you added a non supported part? how did you do this. This is what i was asking in my earlier post 1493

I am noticing an issue where nodes would be some distance from where they should be. It seems to happen when you copy a scaled part. The new part does not have the right nodes. Loading a craft in the VAB sometimes causes this behaviour too.

The workaround is to delete the part, attach a new one and then scale, but that can become a bit tedious after a while, especially with craft that cannot use symmetry for one reason or another.

I noticed other are also having issues with using Revert to Launch or Quick Loading with TweakScale. Is there as work around for this?

I love this mod, it's been so buggy as of late.

What kind of problems do you have?

What kind of problems do you have?

What I just mentioned.

When I do a flight, and then revert to Launch, my aircraft parts all have incorrect scales. Even if I don't scale any of the parts.

I've been having lots of other issues with TweakScale too since v1.44, but thankfully, most of those are solved. I think v1.44 was the most stable version.