[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

First off, I really like your work, thanks.

I seem to be having color map support issues. Also, ORSX support doesn't seem to be working with me. I cannot see any ppm data on the map whatsoever. Hotspots show up on the map for me with all resource display parts, but there seems to be zero integration with your plugin. I've tried all resource display parts from kspi and mks/oks(including the two stock antannae from the tutorial on youtube in the description of this mod).

What ExplorerKlatt said, did you actually run the ORSX scans? I didn't see any actual problems with ORSX integration in the log files. If everything else with SCANsat and ORSX is working ok that is the only thing I can think of.

This version is not compatible with .25 !

Can't say much without complete output_log.txt files.

Though if you are having errors from Assembly CSharp FirstPass, a stock KSP dll, then something else is definitely going wrong.

Can't say much without complete output_log.txt files.

Though if you are having errors from Assembly CSharp FirstPass, a stock KSP dll, then something else is definitely going wrong.

oh crapp, i forgot about the ol' output.log

here it is ............

https://www.dropbox.com/s/prknoxeikfx3bzk/output_log.txt?dl=0

also here is a new player.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4efhi8625dj6gas/Player.log?dl=0

please help, this has made the game unplayable :(

The first step is to delete, and burn, and bleach, and remove all trace of Tarsier Space Tech. It is broken in the most destructive of ways; there is an unofficial patch somewhere but the current release is totally unsafe to use.

Infernal Robotics might also be causing problems. It is giving all sorts of errors about missing something or other; maybe this doesn't matter, but maybe it does.

Next is to try 32bit KSP. x64 is a buggy mess, and if Assembly CSharp First Pass is throwing out errors then something deeper is wrong which may be explained by using x64.

Edit: Well nevermind about that Windows x64 bit, Linux should be fine if that's what you are using.

Edited by DMagic

The first step is to delete, and burn, and bleach, and remove all trace of Tarsier Space Tech. It is broken in the most destructive of ways; there is an unofficial patch somewhere but the current release is totally unsafe to use.

Infernal Robotics might also be causing problems. It is giving all sorts of errors about missing something or other; maybe this doesn't matter, but maybe it does.

Next is to try 32bit KSP. x64 is a buggy mess, and if Assembly CSharp First Pass is throwing out errors then something deeper is wrong which may be explained by using x64.

Edit: Well nevermind about that Windows x64 bit, Linux should be fine if that's what you are using.

haha , yea im using Linux :D ok im going to remove INfernal Robots as im not using it right now because my career is the year 1985. I will see if this fixes problem. BUT!! I did delete Tarsier a few weeks ago, and its all not gone? Where do I need to be looking for traces? All I deleted from Tarsier was its game data folder :/

Couldn't find anywhere on first page, so I'll ask anyways.

Do the scanners have to be physically aimed at what you plan to scan, or is it similar to RemoteTech that it just does? Since I'm chucking a SatComm over Minmus to act as a Kerbin>Elsewhere relay satellite, I figured I may as well slap a few scanners on there and get some extra perks. But before I click launch and actually do the flight, I wanted to know whether I can afford to throw the scanners all on one side, or if I can balance it out.

Couldn't find anywhere on first page, so I'll ask anyways.

Do the scanners have to be physically aimed at what you plan to scan, or is it similar to RemoteTech that it just does? Since I'm chucking a SatComm over Minmus to act as a Kerbin>Elsewhere relay satellite, I figured I may as well slap a few scanners on there and get some extra perks. But before I click launch and actually do the flight, I wanted to know whether I can afford to throw the scanners all on one side, or if I can balance it out.

It works like remote tech. No need for physical aiming.

installed ScanSat 2 days ago, never had it before, and I've had 2 sats orbitting Minmus with a polar and equatorial orbit respectively on 50x warp overnight. I have no accessible map to see how the mapping has been coming.

Both my RADAR Altimetry and SCAN Multispectral are active/deployed, both claim ideal heights, and if I click analyze data, I get a juicy science amount for transmission back to KSC. But still no map.

Related mods is RemoteTech, with open connections back to KSC and Blizzy...

God I feel like an idiot, for nothing thinking of Blizzy's sooner.

okay, the removal of Infernal Robotics did not fix the issue...any other recommendations?

Your Player.log references a whole bunch of Windows system dlls, right before this happens:

DllNotFoundException: user32.dll
at (wrapper managed-to-native) HighLogic:SendInput (uint,HighLogic/[],int)
at HighLogic.OnApplicationFocus (Boolean focus) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Mine doesn't, so I'm going to assume they're not supposed to be there.

Did you, by chance, attempt to run KSP from the Windows download on Linux?

Or have you copied your Windows install over to Linux? Don't do that either.

Have you tried a fresh install, adding one mod in at a time - i.e. standard bug isolation procedure?

In any case, I doubt this has anything to do with SCANsat.

Edited by steve_v

Question: Back when SCANsat was first in development, there was a feature added that allowed you to pop out a small zoom window on the big map, and allowed you to zoom into detail on the big map. This was most useful for spotting flat spots on the slope view for landing zones.

Is there any chance that feature could be resurrected and put back into the mod? Or some other feature that helps me find good flat spots for landing zones and surface bases?

Has anyone figured out a "hack" to get kethane to overlay?

Sure, I have.

Go to Kethane's GitHub repo, get the source for Geodesic Grid and Kethane, rebuild both of them, then rebuild SCANsatKethane pointing at the two newly created Kethane assemblies, then put all of those new files in your GameData folder, overwriting the old versions and you're good to go. Except the Geodesic grid code sometimes acts weird when I build it, so it might also break in exciting new ways.

Hi everyone, I can't figure out why SCANsat isn't working on my save game. I've tried using it in an existing sandbox save and it worked fine on the Mun and Kerbin, but on my science-career game it won't work at all. The problem I get is that no matter what my altitude is, the scanner reports the altitude is too high (solid orange). I've tried both the stable and dev releases. Here's a screenshot and my logs for the dev release (I'm posting in this thread because the problem is with /BOTH/ releases, so the solution should be generic to both, not specific to one).

4fBKi05.png

output_log:

https://paste.ee/p/9iyUK

-- https://paste.ee/p/QvF6I

KSP.log: https://paste.ee/p/xskz3

Any help would be much appreciated. I'd rather not just completely ditch the save. ;.;

Hi everyone, I can't figure out why SCANsat isn't working on my save game. I've tried using it in an existing sandbox save and it worked fine on the Mun and Kerbin, but on my science-career game it won't work at all. The problem I get is that no matter what my altitude is, the scanner reports the altitude is too high (solid orange). I've tried both the stable and dev releases. Here's a screenshot and my logs for the dev release (I'm posting in this thread because the problem is with /BOTH/ releases, so the solution should be generic to both, not specific to one).

Is this only an issue for the multi-spec? The biome scanner won't show anything on the small map, so it's expected that it will remain blank.

The indicator color could be wrong, it's showing 100% scanning (which only accounts for currently active scanners), so the terrain is being scanned. The right-click context menu indicator is based on a much simpler system that is less likely to have bugs and should be correct.

If the RADAR or SAR has the same problem and nothing is displayed then there is a more serious issue.

Okay after scanning with ScanSat is there any way to mark specific locations on the map (flag them maybe?) in order to highlight it as some kind of landing waypoint? Scansat gives latitude and longitude but I don't use mechjeb and I would like to set a waypoint or navball marker using the scansat map. Any way to achieve this?