Would You Want a KSP Movie to be About?

Thomas988

What would you like a KSP movie to be about?  

1. 1. What would you like a KSP movie to be about?

• Birth of the space program.
    • The Kerbals go to the Mun for the first time. Could also be about going to Minmus.
    • The Kerbals try to land on Duna or Eve.
    • The Kerbals go to Jool.
    • The Kerbals go interstellar with warp drives, possibly making contact with humans.
    • Something else, please post your idea below.

Let's imagine now that SQUAD partnered with some movie company and announced they would release a KSP-based movie in theaters. Now let's suppose again that you could decide what the movie would be about, it can be anything form the dawn of the space program to the Kerbals going interstellar. How would you like a KSP to be done?

My favorite idea would be the birth of the space program, fill in more backstory and more "day in the life" type stuff, show us what kerbals are like when they aren't working on space

But over all, all the options there are good as long as it's NOT intersteller and meet humans that would take it past where it would still be like KSP at that point.

My favorite idea would be the birth of the space program, fill in more backstory

There are some stories in the fan fiction section of the forums that might be suitable and available for a script.

Someone know somebody at Dreamworks? :D

I voted (something else) because I would rather like to see a big motion picture trilogy followed by a TV series.

I'd love that. I'd want all the kerbals alive and talking like Alvin and the Chipmunks.

And their goal is to reach every planet in kerbol by building rockets and using real orbital mechanics. Or maybe they try to inhabit a new planet bbecaue of a disaster.

The only reason I wouldn't want a movie is because somehow it can ruin the game. Idk how but I just think that.people who never played ksp would probably think the game came out after the movie by someone else and is less interesting, and directly based on it, so they might not wanna touch it.

But it sounds 50/50

I think the birth of the space program (directed by Michael Bay) would be great. Lots of half baked ideas exploding on the launch pad, but somehow the protagonist (Jeb I'd presume) always manages to survive (got to keep it light hearted!).

Yeah, I'll go with the birth of the space program being a good pick. In part because I can't think of any movies or TV shows off the top of my head that have covered such, whereas we've had plenty about visiting the Moon, and a fair few about going further in our solar system. I can see it building off some of the fan lore ideas, such as the Island Airfield's program previously having collapsed and left Jeb and others unemployed.

The style of the movie I'm not so sure on. When you've got a cast of green bobble-heads it's never going to be a super-serious drama, but I think I'd want something more than a silly comedy. After all a space program, even a Kerbal Space Program, is a pretty impressive undertaking. Probably it would end up being a kid-friendly CG animation, with some humour and some good action and a bit of tension, and of course an inspiring message that space is awesome.

My favorite idea would be the birth of the space program, fill in more backstory and more "day in the life" type stuff, show us what kerbals are like when they aren't working on space

*snip*

Another shameless plug alert but that's pretty much what my fan works story covers - see my signature for details. I don't think First Flight as written so far would make a great screenplay though - too much dialogue and backstory ironically and not enough action. I'm working on that... :)

Now Deadweasel's story on the other hand probably would make a good film!

Dunno about the humans but a (good) KSP movie about the first interstellar expedition would be neat. Kinda like Avatar but less... well more Kerbal.

Actually I don't know where I got that. Not like Avatar at all. More like 2001: A Space Odyssey mixed with a bit of Aliens.

Edited by parameciumkid

I vote for Mun/Minmus and Jool so it can be a lot like 2001 a Space Odyssey and also the mystery of the Munoliths and how the kerbal race became intelligent. Perhaps also, INDIRECT contact with humans (for ex: kerbals find Voyager 1 ext...)

The directors of Shrek team up with the KSP animaors to produce some sort of silly Kerbal-kind child-friendly comedy with actual orobital mechanics and no Warp-Drives. Lke all of the videos on Squad's channel.

Maybe a narrated movie about achieving orbit and orbital mechanics. A great way to dress up information as entertainment. Maybe people would love to see a movie where you don't point a spaceship at something and just burn all the way while stopping unpowered.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.