Which planet is lonelier? Dres or Eeloo?

HafCoJoe

Which planet is lonelier?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which planet is lonelier?

• Dres
    • Eeloo

It is actually weird,And I thought dres at first place. It is near,but No one sees it,No one cares it,No one goes to it. Even I made just one mission to dres,while more than two to Eeloo.

Seconding this. Dres is the grey hunk of rock no one seems to care about. In a way, the fact that there's nothing interesting about it makes it lonelier than the chunk of ice that's hard to get to.

(Notice that these views are my opinion only.)

Then again, having PlanetFactory installed makes Eeloo quite easy to get to comparatively, and I have a moon for Eeloo installed to it as well. Eeloo having a giant cube circling it makes it quite a bit less depressing. Personally, if Ablate were a choice, I'd go with that. But, of course, it isn't.

Eeloo feels more lonely to me as most of the time it is the last stop to the depths of deep space and ice and snow have a silent feel to them. In truth though Dres just gets missed out most of the time. I've probably only been there once. I would say Dres is more ignored than lonely.

I'd have to say dres for the simple fact that I always forget its there untill someone brings it up. Eeloo while it often wanders far is at least remembered, dres is not only alone but forgoten and therefor the lonlier of the two.

Eeloo, in my opinion. Transfer windows are rare and it's so far away. Combine that with being furthest from the sun, making solar powered probes almost worthless, and you realize how frightened your kerbonauts must be.

Eeloo, in my opinion. Transfer windows are rare and it's so far away. Combine that with being furthest from the sun, making solar powered probes almost worthless, and you realize how frightened your kerbonauts must be.

Actually, on average, Eeloo's transfer windows from Kerbin are about 113 days apart, more frequent than any other interplanetary destination except Moho.

Good Eeloo windows, like good Moho windows, will be rarer though.

But yes, for superior planets (those with wider orbits than Kerbin) the launch windows interval will approach one Kerbin year as the planet is further out. It's already fairly close for Jool and Eeloo I believe, and not that far off for Dres (though Dres, like Eeloo and Moho, has a lot of variation between windows).

Eeloo is named after the Kerbal Goddess of amusing mischief and pranks, who was snubbed by all the other cool kids back in high school and in retaliation crashed their after-prom party by throwing a golden pol inscribed with "belongs to the cutest" at the three *****iest godesses - and got them to catfight over it.

Soooo... Eeloo is the loneliest. Because the others don't want to hang around her.

Edited by Jesrad

I've only been to Dres once legit with a probe and I've never made it to Eeloo without cheating. I'm going to have to say Dres is more lonely. Not only is it skipped by most space programs but there is nothing there that we know of and it feels like a large version of the Mun.

I've only been to Dres once legit with a probe and I've never made it to Eeloo without cheating. I'm going to have to say Dres is more lonely. Not only is it skipped by most space programs but there is nothing there that we know of and it feels like a large version of the Mun.

Dres feels like a large version of the Mun?

Eeloo feels exactly like the Mun :P

Only it's prettier, and more of a challenge...and more science.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.