[1.0.2] Vessel Viewer

PeteTimesSix

• 2 weeks later...

So I have to ask. I'm using this with RPM but... basically any use at all drops my framerate to a horribly choppy level. Is there an easy fix? A setting I missed? Should I be bringing this up on the RPM thread instead?

• 2 weeks later...

After a certain point, space. Get enough mods that need a control button of some sort and the stock bar get unwieldy. I was hesitant to install blizzy's toolbar as well when I first got into KSP. Now, with the number of mods I typically run with, it's practically essential. (And at this point, I prefer the stock Unity UI over the KSP UI. KSP's isn't very uniform and takes up more space than I would care for. KSP can be a very info-dense experience (with the right mods/plugins) and I rather my space taken up by info I want rather than dead space.

Just a question, can you drop the toolbar requirement on CKAN? It's the only mod I installed that requires it, and it doesn't really require it since I've played it on RPM for quite some time with no problem. You could add it as a recommendation instead, it will show up with a defaulted check mark but you can choose not to install it.

I second this. Toolbar is not really required - can you please move it to suggested mods or maybe make separate "RPM-only VV" CKAN item? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is there any way to change the default configuration of the Vessel Viewer? I have to re do it every time I launch. Is there any way to have and make presets for it so we can easily switch between them?

+1 to this. It can get pretty time consuming to readjust everything for each launch, and it is the main reason why I've been keeping this mod unused for a while :(

It is sad as I look at its icon tempted to open it but get discouraged by the default settings, yet I like this mod too much to uninstall it, always hoping on an update haha

+1 to this. It can get pretty time consuming to readjust everything for each launch, and it is the main reason why I've been keeping this mod unused for a while :(

It is sad as I look at its icon tempted to open it but get discouraged by the default settings, yet I like this mod too much to uninstall it, always hoping on an update haha

^My feelings exactly!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Everything seems to work in 1.0.5 except that the 'Panther' and 'Whiplash' engines show up with an incorrect rotation in vessel view (at least in the RPM version - I haven't used the other ones):

[video=youtube;TRdqmiQmYeY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRdqmiQmYeY[/video]

• 2 months later...

Can anyone help me? I've belated upgrading to 1.0.5 after everyone else--and despite reinstalling the mod a few times, I've found Vessel View just doesn't work. I either get a green or grey sphere instead of a vessel. Any idea what i might be doing wrong?

screenshot50_zpseeesupoa.png

No idea what might be causing it--everything else seems to work in RPM fine. 

Edited by Synthesis

On 2/6/2016 at 6:48 PM, Synthesis said:

Can anyone help me? I've belated upgrading to 1.0.5 after everyone else--and despite reinstalling the mod a few times, I've found Vessel View just doesn't work. I either get a green or grey sphere instead of a vessel. Any idea what i might be doing wrong?

No idea what might be causing it--everything else seems to work in RPM fine. 

I was seeing this too earlier with SCANsat v14.7; both SCANsat v14.7 and VesselView throw a null ref exception repeatedly when toggled on RasterPropMonitor Screens.

SCANsat just released a new version (14.8) that claims to fix this in the changelog, I'm about to try it out. If we're lucky, whatever SCANsat did to fix their RPM screens might work for VesselView too, I'm not sure though.

On 2/10/2016 at 6:00 PM, frencrs said:

I was seeing this too earlier with SCANsat v14.7; both SCANsat v14.7 and VesselView throw a null ref exception repeatedly when toggled on RasterPropMonitor Screens.

SCANsat just released a new version (14.8) that claims to fix this in the changelog, I'm about to try it out. If we're lucky, whatever SCANsat did to fix their RPM screens might work for VesselView too, I'm not sure though.

Really? The thing is, I don't have Scansat installed, but I'll take any advice I can get--it's frustrating to still ahve the issue after uninstalling and reinstalling both RPM and VesselView.

EDIT: Well, installing ScanSat didn't fix the problem. Guess I'll try digging up older versions of VesselView...

EDIT EDIT: Ah, it was KSPRC--probably should've figured that out earlier. It can be solved by fixing  by settting allowRefractiveAtmospheres in Kopernicus Expansion to false, as Pyjack meat kindly informed me. 

Edited by Synthesis

• 1 month later...
On 25/3/2016 at 6:07 PM, the_pazter said:

alt link? the original ones broak

Since I wanted the mod too and I couldn't find a working download link, I downloaded the source code and I managed to build the code into dll files that I placed in a GameData. (I don't know how I succeed because I don't understand anything in coding).
It work for me in 1.0.5 with rpm and bunch of other mods, but I don't know a lot about copyright or distribution, so I have no idea if I can legaly upload files here ! 

I read the licence texte document, and I understand I can. So I'll assume that's legal.

I don't know how to code, I can't tell you if I'll be able to maintain the mod. And I'll ask the mod maker first !

//////HOW TO INSTALL//////

You need ModuleManager and Toolbar to have the mod running. And you can even use Raster Prop Monitor to have Vessel View during IVA

Download Vessel Viewer on Dropbox

First you will need to extract the zip file you're getting from DropBox

Then, copy the "VesselView" folder you just extracted into <wherever you installed ksp>/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/

EDIT : The button in Toolbar appear purple, because I don't have the image he used. But the button work at leat. I'll try to fix this problem later

Anyway, Have fun !

Edited by Adentissa
Edited link

2 hours ago, Adentissa said:

Since I wanted the mod too and I couldn't find a working download link, I downloaded the source code and I managed to build the code into dll files that I placed in a GameData. (I don't know how I succeed because I don't understand anything in coding).
It work for me in 1.0.5 with rpm and bunch of other mods, but I don't know a lot about copyright or distribution, so I have no idea if I can legaly upload files here ! 

I read the licence texte document, and I understand I can. So I'll assume that's legal.

Link to Download the mod folder on Dropbox

I don't know how to code, I can't tell you if I'll be able to maintain the mod. And I'll ask the mod maker first !

EDIT : The button in Toolbar appear purple, because I don't have the image he used. But the button work at leat. I'll try to fix this problem later

Anyway, Have fun !

I need more clear installation instructions

26 minutes ago, Table said:

pls fix download link

look at post above

1 minute ago, the_pazter said:

I need more clear installation instructions

look at post above

Just downloaded the post above, but how do I install it in the game? It only has plugin and a DLL file

12 minutes ago, Table said:

Just downloaded the post above, but how do I install it in the game? It only has plugin and a DLL file

11 minutes ago, the_pazter said:

havin' the same problem I'm afraid

You didn't actually read the Readme document x)

You need ModuleManager and Toolbar to have the mod running. And you can even use Raster Prop Monitor to have Vessel View during IVA

then, just copy the "VesselView" folder you just extracted into <wherever you installed ksp>/Kerbal Space Programm/GameData/

Ow and sorry, gived a too deep link, click here to download VesselView

Edited by Adentissa

21 minutes ago, Adentissa said:

You didn't actually read the Readme document x)

then, just copy the "VesselView" folder you just extracted into <wherever you installed ksp>/Kerbal Space Programm/GameData/

Ow and sorry, gived a too deep link, click here to download VesselView

ah thanks!