Hatch Problem - Obstructed

I had a similar problem once, I used the link that Justice Kerbice provided, with little to no progress.

However, I found, that once my hatch collider didn't actually collide with the model in unity, it worked like a dream. That might be worth a shot. Either that, or make sure, like the link said, that your origin is INSIDE the model collider.

Hope it works!

You could try adding the ladder transform. I don't know if that's the issue for sure but it could be worth a shot.
I had a similar problem once, I used the link that Justice Kerbice provided, with little to no progress.

However, I found, that once my hatch collider didn't actually collide with the model in unity, it worked like a dream. That might be worth a shot. Either that, or make sure, like the link said, that your origin is INSIDE the model collider.

Hope it works!

Already tried these though, still nothing :/ Thanks

I get this **** ALL THE TIME... Worst thing in KSP!

Theres no real pattern behind this, you just gotta keep moving and resizing things around until it magically works.

I've had situations where it wouldn't work, no matter what or how long I tried.

First of all, make sure your colliders have the correct tags and layers like you read in the tutorials and that the colliders 'is trigger' box is activated.

There's only a few vague things I can say:

- The model must have a single collider. Having the hatch touch overlapping colliders will obstruct it.

- Hatch collider should be big enough for a kerbal to fit in, at least 0.5 in all directions (although I've succesfully used smaller colliders in some cases)

This thing I've read about but I can't directly confirm:

- "If hatch is positioned too far from the center it will be obstructed" - this may be true under some conditions, but I've succesfully placed hatches as far as ~3m above the center (PA550 habitat)

some notes about Ladders that may or may not help you:

- The ladder collider will 'obstruct' the 'clickability' of the hatch, so if your ladder collider is bigger than the hatch and covers it completely, you won't be able to click the hatch. Make your ladder colliders small, the hatch must surround it

- Squad seems to be using Capsule colliders for their hatches and ladders. Personally I have not found any advantages or disadvantages between capsule or box colliders, both work.

I wish you the best of luck with your project, lets hope squad will rework the way those hatches work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.