[0.14] Instant Orbit / Debris Generator with bonus Asteroid

JellyCubes

Finally figured out the proper numbers to enter in to have a good orbit of the Mun... could you, IDK, put a list of all the parameter numbers we enter in for, say, a polar orbit of the Mun at 25KM, etc etc etc?

Or, add in some 'Quick and dirty' instant orbit options; like say, when you start it up, after telling the orbit program what your ship name is, have it ask something like 'Do you wish to use a preset orbit option or enter in a custom one?' and it\'d have a short list of orbital options for Kerbin and the Mun.

I ask because, as I have stated before, I am NOT a astrophysicist; I enjoyed using the 'Instant Orbit' parts back before .14, because even though I usually had to correct my orbit after using them, it was quick and easy.

Can you share what numbers you\'re using? I think my problem may be invalid numbers but I\'m not sure...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Whenever I set a craft (in this case, my space station) all the parts disappear from the list, so my engines and stuff are not functional. I can still see them, no damage is done, but they won\'t work. In the debug window I get TypeLoadException Could not load type (Part) any ideas?

Whenever I set a craft (in this case, my space station) all the parts disappear from the list, so my engines and stuff are not functional. I can still see them, no damage is done, but they won\'t work. In the debug window I get TypeLoadException Could not load type (Part) any ideas?

Perhaps it has something to do with the mod being a month old...

/request lock

Can you share what numbers you\'re using? I think my problem may be invalid numbers but I\'m not sure...

Try this:

Semi-axis major: 200700

ECC: 0

Inclination: 180

Cheers!

p.s. I find that you need to be in an orbit already for this to work.

Perhaps it has something to do with the mod being a month old...

/request lock

What does that have to do with anything at all? I play games that are years and years old (we all do) does that mean they stop working? Obviously, I\'m on version .14.

• 4 weeks later...

Does the 500m asteroid still work?

Because I\'ve just pictured it in keostationary orbit, over the KSC, with a load of structures attached reaching down to the planet surface....

Yup, a space elevator.

Does the 500m asteroid still work?

Because I\'ve just pictured it in keostationary orbit, over the KSC, with a load of structures attached reaching down to the planet surface....

Yup, a space elevator.

While you can edit the asteroid into orbit, its wonky collision box means that no part will stay attached to it for long at launch, and bringing things into contact with it will generally destroy the asteroid and severely damage whatever touched it.

• 2 weeks later...

if the asteroid becomes landable....

we just have to set it on a collision course with kerbin and try to save the planet by creating a giant ship that can place a asteroid mounted thruster! 8)

• 2 weeks later...

The instant Orbit still works in 0.16! :D

Not quite.

Sure, it sends you into space at the altitude desired, but you have no velocity - you need boosters just to get an orbit, and if you have none, well, it\'s a long fall back to Kerbin.

• 1 month later...