• I use a Controller
    • I use a Custom Interface
    • Other (explain below)

"W"

[speech Recognition presses U, toggling lights]

"No, W!"

[sR presses U again]

[Explosion as upside-down spaceplane is destroyed]

Of course you'd say "pitch down 20 degrees" or something like that. Why would you say what you type instead of what you want?

Haha cant wait for the day that some game developer will implement such a great feature!

Did you see my signature?

I have occasionally played with the Splashtop streaming server to fiddle with KSP on a touch screen. I also have a control pad that I've been experimenting with, that allows you to translate button and joystick actions into keyboard/mouse actions. It works surprisingly well.

However, the vast majority of the time, definitely keyboard and mouse.

I'd love to have a joystick to use, but I sadly don't. I might get one at some point, but it's better to wait and get a £50 one that it is to rush and get a £10 one that is unsatisfactory.

Of course you'd say "pitch down 20 degrees" or something like that. Why would you say what you type instead of what you want?
Well if you're going to just say "pitch down 20 degrees", you may as well be telling someone else to play the game for you. Or using MechJeb, which amounts to the same thing.

*ducks*

Well if you're going to just say "pitch down 20 degrees", you may as well be telling someone else to play the game for you.

If you press down W for 1.8 seconds to pitch down by 20 degrees, you may as well be telling someone else to play the game for you.

Good ol' keyboard and mouse. I do have a joystick, but use it for controlling planes, thankyouverymuch. What? Aside from the SSTO aspect, other programs do this "flight" thing better :P

On a unrelated note, it's hard to believe my post count has come to 500 already...the forums are like a drug!

I need to jump in with the controller person. Once I did the work around to get the throttles working correctly it's awesome.

I do wish that precision control worked on joystick axes (including for RCS, I'm using the D-Pad for that).

I use a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and CH Rudder Pedals. There's nothing better for airplanes, and for rockets, I use the various hat switches, as if they were keyboard buttons. For docking, being able to rotate and translate the ship in any direction with just my right thumb is awesome. :cool:

119382.jpg1334772840-93794300.jpg

I use keyboard and mouse for most things, but sometimes I use a joy stick for docking manoeuvres. I did a bunch of space station assembly in IVA mode (with the high vis B9 cockpit) using a joystick and that was great fun.

I tried flying planes with the joystick and it was a catastrophic disaster!

I use a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and CH Rudder Pedals. There's nothing better for airplanes, and for rockets, I use the various hat switches, as if they were keyboard buttons. For docking, being able to rotate and translate the ship in any direction with just my right thumb is awesome.

Dang! Those are expensive! I'd kill to have one of those. :D

Dang! Those are expensive! I'd kill to have one of those. :D

I wouldn't have bought it for KSP alone, but for flight sims, especially the one it was designed for, specifically, it's Heaven on Earth! I don't want to pimp out other games on Squad's forums, but you can search for "A-10 sim" for all the juicy details.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.