[1.0.4] KSPAPIExtensions V1.7.5 - Utilities for shared mod use 25 Jun

swamp_ig

taniwha has some updates for this, I'm also looking into it (but he's better'n me :D )

If you go to the git repo, you'll see a test release (with taniwha's updates). However, it's not actually useful for end users (plugins that use this will have to be recompiled to use this new version) but it might help plugin makers at least *test* their stuff in .24.

Edited by NathanKell

However, it's not actually useful for end users (plugins that use this will have to be recompiled to use this new version) but it might help plugin makers at least *test* their stuff in .24.

This is not strictly true. It might be in certain cases, but since certain mods will just link to a DLL (such as Procedural Fairings does) as long as the interfaces exposed by the DLL don't change, it can remain implementation-agnostic. The two are not so tightly coupled. Case in point: I just grabbed your alpha DLL out of the github repo and threw it into my installed Procedural Fairings folder, and it worked like a charm. :)

But there have been enough changes with the exact things that PF (in particular) uses that I really wouldn't suggest that.

Also there's the fact that it's still got issues, which you can verify by checking your output log after using it for a while.

So...I really wouldn't recommend it.

Perhaps. Maybe my disagreement is just that there is an audience somewhere between end users and mod developers (like myself) that don't mind dealing with the issues in exchange for something that's half-functioning that they can work with. ;)

Edited by Paragon

The thing I don't like about mods that uses mods, is that the depending mod needs to be updated first in cases something happens... like e.g. 0.24...

In other words ... please update this mod as fast as you can so that I can use e.g. proc fairings again (which I need cause of FAR)

I have thus far heard no reports of this updated version itself breaking in .24, so I now encourage plugin developers who use it to try it out, and if it passes their tests, to let me know (and release their updates) and I will push an official release of this and edit the OP.

I have thus far heard no reports of this updated version itself breaking in .24, so I now encourage plugin developers who use it to try it out, and if it passes their tests, to let me know (and release their updates) and I will push an official release of this and edit the OP.

Nathan, I've been using the beta DLL in the as of yet unreleased SmartParts update and everything seems to check out.

Ar startup, which version number does KSPAPIE look for? I ask because I am getting an error notice saying that KSAPI is incompatible with ".24". I suspect the issue may be that Squad uses different version numbers depending on OS (linux gets a truncated ".24" rather the full/true version number).

Nereid and I have tracked down a reproducible hang caused by KSPAPIExtensions. It's not a complete program hang – I can still access the debug menu.

Steps to reproduce:

• Launch a vehicle from the Space Center by clicking on the launchpad/runway.
  • Revert to VAB/SPH

This occurs with any one of Procedural Fairings, Infernal Robotics, or TweakScale installed in otherwise stock KSP (I'm using Mac 32 bit), so the only common element is KAE. It's been present for a while, probably since PF 3.0, when it first started using KAE. I've always worked around it by launching from the VAB/SPH or quicksaving at launch. Based on Nereid's post, the hang occurs after IR attempts to load it's GUI.

Here are the last lines from the player.log with just PF installed:

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to EDITOR =====================

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.ServiceImpl.OnInputLocksModified (FromToAction`2 data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`1[GameEvents+FromToAction`2[ControlTypes,ControlTypes]].Fire (FromToAction`2 data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at InputLockManager.RemoveControlLock (System.String lockID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightDriver.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

UnloadTime: 52.044895 ms

I've discovered a bug with the UI_ChooseOption in v1.6.0. If your options array consists of only one string it will throw a StackOverflow error when you interact with the part/part gui, as you can see below. In the 32 bit version it's survivable, it just hangs for a bit. In the 64 bit version of the game it generally crashes it entirely.

Anyway, thanks for maintaining this in swamp_ig's absence, NathanKell.

Thanks. It looks like you've found a nice little rat's nest of bugs (there's a divide-by-zero hiding in the code :/)

Nereid and I have tracked down a reproducible hang caused by KSPAPIExtensions. It's not a complete program hang – I can still access the debug menu.

Steps to reproduce:

• Launch a vehicle from the Space Center by clicking on the launchpad/runway.
  • Revert to VAB/SPH

This occurs with any one of Procedural Fairings, Infernal Robotics, or TweakScale installed in otherwise stock KSP (I'm using Mac 32 bit), so the only common element is KAE. It's been present for a while, probably since PF 3.0, when it first started using KAE. I've always worked around it by launching from the VAB/SPH or quicksaving at launch. Based on Nereid's post, the hang occurs after IR attempts to load it's GUI.

Nice catch, thanks. I'd noticed the problem too in 0.23.5 (MFT and EL use KAE), but never bothered to track it down (wasn't playing enough).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.